PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Supplier Pass Suggestions

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123

skiddo's Avatarskiddo

Supplier Pass Suggestions

Original Suggestion Summary: While this thread started as a suggestion for easier trading of Supplier Passes, it has unexpectedly and excitingly become a place for discussion of the future of Supplier Passes in general!! While I will preserve what I can of the original suggestion for bundled supplier passes / tiered supplier passes, I will also include a summary of other topics brought up in this thread below the hideboxes.

The Original Post: Supplier Pass Bundles

Supplier Pass Bundles

Suggestion Summary: Allow Supplier Passes to be "bundled", similar to Large Gems, BoxBoxes, etc. For example, we could have a "Supplier Pass x10" that can be unbundled into 10 invidiual supplier passes.

Positive Points

By far, the biggest positive point I can see is that it would make trading safer. Right now, because Supplier Passes are unable to be bundled, players are taking risks by using the market for bulk trading, taking the risk of losing 40 thousand gp's worth of items in seconds. I wholeheartedly believe that giving players an option for bulk trading Supplier Passes without the risk of losing months or years of their hard work would encourage trading, community, and support among the dedicated userbase <3 This suggestion would also increase consistency throughout the site. We already have "bundle" options for other items traded in bulk (gems, boxes, etc) and we already have the opportunity to buy bundles of Daycare Passes. And Delta Points, which I believe to be the most similar case to this situation (in that bulk trading is most common among dedicated players who would hunt lots of s/a/m pokemon and other dedicated players who would buy those thousands of delta points) also have the DP Voucher options. I would also like to draw attention to this quote from Niet. While increasing the trade item limit may not be feasible, he has shown his consideration for adding other "packaging" options to the site.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If there is a particular type of item you would like to be able to trade more easily, I can consider adding a "packaging" option for that particular case (eg. Medium Gems, Box Boxes...)

Negative points:

This could circumvent the need for Trade Center Expansions when trading Supplier Passes, however I would argue that many players are already circumventing this by using the Market, this suggestion would only make this far safer. Unlike the other bulk packaging options (gems, boxes, dp, etc), Supplier Passes can be lended back and forth without being used. This could be seen as "inconsistency." However, what I love about Pokefarm is its culture of support for lending, be it dex trades, type race pair lending, or even the enormous amount of support on my suggestion for allowing Supplier Pass lending in TR threads. Previously, people have raised the point that making supplier passes easier to trade would just encourage those players with hoards of supplier passes to just lend among their friends, making a line of inaccessibility for new players who may not have those friends. However, I would very much like to argue against that point, in that making Supplier Pass trading not just easier but also safer will make people feel more confident in lending to newer users! In addition, with the way Supplier Pass trading is now, if you don't want to take the risk of market trading, your only option is to send a time-consuming amount of trades on the market, which people may only want to offer their time for their "clique" of friends, or for compensation which newbies may not be able to afford. If you can think of any other negative points, please let me know.

Alternative: Mega Supplier Passes

Alternative: Mega Supplier Passes

If this "inconsistency" would be a deal-breaker, then perhaps another suggestion could be made, for Mega Supplier Passes. These would be a brand new permanent upgrade that could be bought from the Supplier page that could give you an additional 10, 50 or even 100 orders at once! (as in, a Mega Supplier Pass 10 would give you 10 extra orders, a MSP 50 for an extra 50, etcetera). These would provide a similar utility, and they could be traded just the same, but they would not be able to be converted up/down in the same manner as boxboxes, large gems, etc. They could function like Expansions, where each would give you an additional amount of orders, or they could function like Shelter Passes, where each could increase your limit of orders to the listed number without being stackable. The only exception to the "no up-trading/down-trading" limit would be pre-existing supplier passes, before the implementation of MSPs, could be converted into an equivalent bundle for a limited time and then no longer able to be de-converted down.

The Future of Supplier Passes

This thread has unexpectedly and excitingly become a place for discussion of the future of Supplier Passes in general!! The suggestions of possible changes, nerfs, and new features include (not are not limited to!):
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Sanae Kochiya's AvatarSanae Kochiya
i would like to support this suggestion. with change of time, also the wya the game is being played, begins to change. more and more users have found solace in befriending each others and begun socializing, for one more purpose: to find someone who they can share their passes with. not only is it a bond that is made, with users you soon will be entrusting your own valueable passes. but it is also for some a way to connect with others they usually dont meet. it is a great way to find others with same interests. overall i think this idea of bulking together passes, up to 10s is a great solution to an overall tedious process of singular trading passes. not only is it more safe, it also makes up for a way for users to engage in the use of passes. i would daresay, this method would encourage more users to invest gp into supplier passes, and see an influx of supplier usage overall. i can only see this suggestion as a solution to a community positive experience.
profile picture made by the lovely Terabbit~ Albino colors belong to pfq~
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Honestly, the Supplier Pass system needs a significant overhaul. I did not anticipate how much they would be used! At the very least I will be looking into Supplier Passes granting more than a single extra slot, which will greatly reduce the number of items needed. However, they are quite overpowered in some ways, so I will also be looking at making a change where the Pass is "locked in" while the order is in progress. The item would be returned to you when you collect the order. This would mostly impact those who borrow Supplier Passes, as the lending would have to last throughout the duration of the order and you cannot just sit on the eggs permanently. Speaking of that, I think outright removing the collection time limit was a mistake. I will be considering bringing it back - although much more forgiving than its previous 24 hour period. All of these are "vague plans" at the moment, but I just wanted to give some insight into what options I'm considering right now.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo

Honestly, the Supplier Pass system needs a significant overhaul. I did not anticipate how much they would be used! At the very least I will be looking into Supplier Passes granting more than a single extra slot, which will greatly reduce the number of items needed. However, they are quite overpowered in some ways, so I will also be looking at making a change where the Pass is "locked in" while the order is in progress. The item would be returned to you when you collect the order. This would mostly impact those who borrow Supplier Passes, as the lending would have to last throughout the duration of the order and you cannot just sit on the eggs permanently. Speaking of that, I think outright removing the collection time limit was a mistake. I will be considering bringing it back - although much more forgiving than its previous 24 hour period. All of these are "vague plans" at the moment, but I just wanted to give some insight into what options I'm considering right now.
Thank you for the response! If the idea of "lock in" passes is implemented, it'll be interesting to see how that impacts supplier pass lending. My guess would that it would reduce the amount of supplier pass lending, because then you couldn't simultaneously order for yourself and lend for others, which could encourage "self-serving" in the end.
Sanae Kochiya's AvatarSanae Kochiya
honestly that does sound like a fair way to balance out the supplier. i wouldnt mind such a change happen , with an overhaul like that. i would certainly look forward to see, what the new time frame would be and how it affected the overall economy of supplier trading in general.
JUSTICEBEETLE's AvatarJUSTICEBEETLE

interesting ideas so far, if you add back the timer, would you perhaps consider putting an extra long timer or even no timer specifically on legendary eggs? i cant imagine being able to hunt the most expensive of pokemon if they disappear before the chance arrives or if im too slow 😔
Chris - he/him - 22 Trade shop - Art shop - Journal TYPE RACE SCORE: 2,916 | Icon official card art (edited by me)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Regarding lending, I didn't really anticipate the mass-lending that's going on. I should have, but I didn't, and that's why it's so awkward to do - it wasn't intended! It was intended to be an upgrade for yourself more than anything. The "auto-release" timer would likely be around a week, I think.
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
I think this is fair. Regarding the lending, it's appreciated (from me personally) to get the clarification on if they are even intended to be lendable or not at this point going forward. I have my own passes that I have purchased, so not being able to lend them if it ends up being the case that you would like them to be just account upgrades doesn't effect me. But! The greatest joy this site brings me is being able to help others and offer things that I may have to people who need it, if they can't afford to buy it or just don't want to. I really do hope that the passes are able to be lended in a way that is safe for everyone involved, because I think it's really important to make helping people easier as long as it's not at the expense of hurting the game balance. And if the balance requires that they are locked in or not tradable, so be it. If I could though, would a compromise potentially being having the items locked until the order is fulfilled, and then the passes could be traded back? And not locking them until they are collected? I personally have only ordered swarm eggs so far so I know it wouldn't necessarily be a huge issue for me but for many I know the convenience in being able to order a specific UB egg is quite valuable. Those eggs, in addition to having a very long order time also are hard to hatch. If they are intended to be tradable, people would be more willing to do so if they were not locked out of using them for 2 weeks and instead only 3-5 days or so. Thank you again Niet for responding to this and being willing to listen to us about our experiences with the trades. 🥰
Score: 11,056
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
xaandiir's Avatarxaandiir
I would love some kind of bulk-purchase or boosted supplier pass! When I bought my stash of passes, I purchased about 200 on an Elta day and having to click to buy each one individually was grueling haha. It would also make trading to other players--be it to borrow or if you're selling a big amount--much easier too.

Speaking of that, I think outright removing the collection time limit was a mistake. I will be considering bringing it back - although much more forgiving than its previous 24 hour period.
I wanted to voice my opinion that I don't think a time limit should be brought back at all. Unlike shelter or daycare adopts which are free daily and thus don't matter when they roll-over, or eggs in the daycare which can be bred again without currency, you are purchasing an egg with currency, and so I don't think an auto-release, even if it is a longer period of time, would be useful or fair. There are no items that disappear on a time limit when you buy it, only when you use it--and so making an egg disappear before you are able to "use" it (hatch it) would be counterproductive. The shelter only became really viable because the timer was taken off, and I don't think adding a new timer would make it more balanced, it would just make not as many people want to use it. The lack of a timer is also useful for high-tier eggs. I'm thinking specifically for Ditto, which you can basically only hunt through the supplier since there is no easily renewable way to get Ditto vouchers. Without the auto-release timer, you can buy the Ditto eggs when you have the available currency (or when it's cheaper, like a Novie day) but hold them until you have a lot gathered. Otherwise you have to have hundreds of millions of credits all in a single day to order a substantial amount of Ditto eggs at one time, lest you want to buy a memory stick for every 10 Ditto eggs, which would be an awful use of currency. The lack of a timer lets players use their currency at a steadier rate to buy a few eggs at a time when they have the money saved. The lock on the passes while an egg has been ordered though--that I think is completely fair and might balance out the "over-powered" nature of the Supplier that was brought up.
  • about me
  • hunts
  • goals
xaan | any pronouns
451/1000
Current Hunt: Machop 1/4 melans

Team Type Race: 940

Goal: 5,000 points To badge...
1217 needed
Sherrie's AvatarSherrie

Speaking of that, I think outright removing the collection time limit was a mistake. I will be considering bringing it back - although much more forgiving than its previous 24 hour period. All of these are "vague plans" at the moment, but I just wanted to give some insight into what options I'm considering right now.
wow such incredible thinking. but, niet trust, it wasn't a mistake. I think many players and I would love it if you just kept the supplier as is and let the players stay happy 😐❤❤❤ 🤗❤💕💖 I agree with xaandiir. Don't bring the time limit back. Only a week for eggs??? that's crazy. I can imagine how annoying it would be knowing that there's a time limit. Stuff happens, life happens. Maybe some people are waiting for a good sei day to use up all the eggs in their supplier. Adding a time limit would be cruel as hell dude. imagine losing hundreds of eggs and thousands of credits because you couldn't go through all the eggs in time because something happened irl. there are so many more reasons but I think I'm going to sleep.
she/her // jolly collector buying lustrous orbs @100gp pkmn & human art
PFP, Art <3 | code by me

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page