PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Supplier Pass Suggestions

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration > Supplier Pass Suggestions >

skiddo's Avatarskiddo
grandmaster.pngss.png

Supplier Pass Suggestions

Original Suggestion Summary: While this thread started as a suggestion for easier trading of Supplier Passes, it has unexpectedly and excitingly become a place for discussion of the future of Supplier Passes in general!! While I will preserve what I can of the original suggestion for bundled supplier passes / tiered supplier passes, I will also include a summary of other topics brought up in this thread below the hideboxes.

The Original Post: Supplier Pass Bundles

Supplier Pass Bundles

Suggestion Summary: Allow Supplier Passes to be "bundled", similar to Large Gems, BoxBoxes, etc. For example, we could have a "Supplier Pass x10" that can be unbundled into 10 invidiual supplier passes.

Positive Points

By far, the biggest positive point I can see is that it would make trading safer. Right now, because Supplier Passes are unable to be bundled, players are taking risks by using the market for bulk trading, taking the risk of losing 40 thousand gp's worth of items in seconds. I wholeheartedly believe that giving players an option for bulk trading Supplier Passes without the risk of losing months or years of their hard work would encourage trading, community, and support among the dedicated userbase <3 This suggestion would also increase consistency throughout the site. We already have "bundle" options for other items traded in bulk (gems, boxes, etc) and we already have the opportunity to buy bundles of Daycare Passes. And Delta Points, which I believe to be the most similar case to this situation (in that bulk trading is most common among dedicated players who would hunt lots of s/a/m pokemon and other dedicated players who would buy those thousands of delta points) also have the DP Voucher options. I would also like to draw attention to this quote from Niet. While increasing the trade item limit may not be feasible, he has shown his consideration for adding other "packaging" options to the site.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If there is a particular type of item you would like to be able to trade more easily, I can consider adding a "packaging" option for that particular case (eg. Medium Gems, Box Boxes...)

Negative points:

This could circumvent the need for Trade Center Expansions when trading Supplier Passes, however I would argue that many players are already circumventing this by using the Market, this suggestion would only make this far safer. Unlike the other bulk packaging options (gems, boxes, dp, etc), Supplier Passes can be lended back and forth without being used. This could be seen as "inconsistency." However, what I love about Pokefarm is its culture of support for lending, be it dex trades, type race pair lending, or even the enormous amount of support on my suggestion for allowing Supplier Pass lending in TR threads. Previously, people have raised the point that making supplier passes easier to trade would just encourage those players with hoards of supplier passes to just lend among their friends, making a line of inaccessibility for new players who may not have those friends. However, I would very much like to argue against that point, in that making Supplier Pass trading not just easier but also safer will make people feel more confident in lending to newer users! In addition, with the way Supplier Pass trading is now, if you don't want to take the risk of market trading, your only option is to send a time-consuming amount of trades on the market, which people may only want to offer their time for their "clique" of friends, or for compensation which newbies may not be able to afford. If you can think of any other negative points, please let me know.

Alternative: Mega Supplier Passes

Alternative: Mega Supplier Passes

If this "inconsistency" would be a deal-breaker, then perhaps another suggestion could be made, for Mega Supplier Passes. These would be a brand new permanent upgrade that could be bought from the Supplier page that could give you an additional 10, 50 or even 100 orders at once! (as in, a Mega Supplier Pass 10 would give you 10 extra orders, a MSP 50 for an extra 50, etcetera). These would provide a similar utility, and they could be traded just the same, but they would not be able to be converted up/down in the same manner as boxboxes, large gems, etc. They could function like Expansions, where each would give you an additional amount of orders, or they could function like Shelter Passes, where each could increase your limit of orders to the listed number without being stackable. The only exception to the "no up-trading/down-trading" limit would be pre-existing supplier passes, before the implementation of MSPs, could be converted into an equivalent bundle for a limited time and then no longer able to be de-converted down.

The Future of Supplier Passes

This thread has unexpectedly and excitingly become a place for discussion of the future of Supplier Passes in general!! The suggestions of possible changes, nerfs, and new features include (not are not limited to!):
summon_cob.png 59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page