PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD#14 featuring JSON Statham

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 12345

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Questions about what you can or cannot do in PFNext are premature. There is no game yet. Future devlogs, once I get past the "build an engine" stage and into the "build a game" stage, will start to include the things you can or cannot do. But Transfer is something I feel is important. Just like you should be able to transfer your Pokémon from Ruby all the way up to Violet (but not Red/Blue because of fundamental changes that aren't forwards-compatible), so too should you be able to transfer your PF 'mons forward, no matter how old they are.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Are there any plans to have Wishforge Badges be transferable? I'm so very glad that there are plans to make Pokemon transferable, considering how hard me and many others have worked for our prized specials, but I know that there's many of us that have worked just as hard for our Wishforge badges and I'd hate to see that go to waste. And are there any plans to have certain items/boosts be transferable? I'm thinking shelter passes, shiny charms, supplier passes, etc, things that users have bought and collected here.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Sneaky Shadow's AvatarSneaky Shadow
That's so amazing, Niet, thank you for the information! I also love being able to transfer Pokemon from one game to the next! I'm rather terribly sentimetal with pixels, I'm afraid. Glad you consider this part of the Pokemon gameplay as a part of your website! <3 Good luck on your work, it's extremely difficult stuff you're working on! (I'm very tech-dumb, so I barely understand any coding besides hideboxes and minor table stuff.) Thank you for everything you're doing, and thanks to your brother for helping out! @u@
[Avatar art by me.] Quote me if you're talking to me, please. ♪~ @u@
There are no plans at this time to transfer anything other than Pokémon. This is because while some items (like evolution stones) will work just the same, they won't be available in the same manner (some may be rarer, others more common, I'd like to add more ways to even get items...) Similarly, who says there'll even be a Wishforge on PFNext? There might be, but then again I might replace it with something different, at which point "transfer" makes no sense! Just like official games. Kinda. You can transfer held items with your Pokémon in some (all?) games, but several lose their function, and you always have to go get your 8 badges from Gyms all over again.
skiddo's Avatarskiddo

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

There are no plans at this time to transfer anything other than Pokémon. This is because while some items (like evolution stones) will work just the same, they won't be available in the same manner (some may be rarer, others more common, I'd like to add more ways to even get items...) Similarly, who says there'll even be a Wishforge on PFNext? There might be, but then again I might replace it with something different, at which point "transfer" makes no sense! Just like official games. Kinda. You can transfer held items with your Pokémon in some (all?) games, but several lose their function, and you always have to go get your 8 badges from Gyms all over again.
Thank you for the answer. It's a little bit sad that at some point all my wishforge badges will just go away, but at least PFNew is still a fair while away and PFQ's inevitable closure even further so, haha.

QUOTE originally posted by skiddo

Thank you for the answer. It's a little bit sad that at some point all my wishforge badges will just go away, but at least PFNew is still a fair while away and PFQ's inevitable closure even further so, haha.
To be fair, this is true of literally any game that you play ;)
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
This was fun to read even though I had pretty much no idea what I was actually reading other than haha code go brrrrr Looking forward to seeing what else there is to come! 🥰
Score: 19,016
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
dumbdog's Avatardumbdog
do you think the new game will be less "pay to win" type style? /nm
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu
I disagree that PFQ is "pay to win" (though it certainly helps, but the ability to freely trade negates most of the pitfalls of P2W games), but I will be putting a lot of effort into balancing it to be fairer to everyone.
yCr's AvataryCr
Hello it's been a while since I last checked in here, hope all has been well. Really nice to see what kinds of things you've been working on and the sort of direction you are taking things behind the scenes with this game to make it more robust. Have you decided yet what kind of database structure you will use? You mentioned briefly about moving away from a fixed table-like structure so I'm curious what kind of design you've opted for. Also, you are probably doing this already, but make sure to leave yourself helpful error messages and logs - they can be a real life saver! Wishing you all the best in this project and look forward to seeing it all come to life.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page