PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD#14 featuring JSON Statham

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 12345

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by SeshieLover

not everyone keeps upto date with everything onsite. also you said this is still a ways off from being done. so you improve this site now but still could shut it down in 2-3 years when the new game is fully up and running.
So instead, they just immediately panic and assume the worst. Instead of just looking at the rest of the DevLog that answers many of the questions about this. I have been quite clear about this before but I'll say it again: I'm keeping PFQ around for as long as people are playing it. That's it. PF1 stayed open until people stopped playing it, so it shall be with PFQ.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
If anyone would like to see the highlights of the previous updates from the Dev Logs they can see it on the Wiki. I try to keep up to date with things that are (hopefully) going to be on PFNext. It might be a bit "less" reading and doesn't usually include the coding info that Niet puts. If you want to see the coding info then check the Dev Logs! Please remember that just because I have them as a highlight of what might be does not mean that they will not be revised, changed, or scrapped at some point during development.

"Destroy your personal demons. Use their corpses as fuel to light your way." -Laurell K. Hamilton

Vall's F2U Bait Journalcredits

credits

Code @Neonyan Forum Icon @Kattling on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll @Myself TR Code @Kieri
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by SeshieLover

not everyone keeps upto date with everything onsite. also you said this is still a ways off from being done. so you improve this site now but still could shut it down in 2-3 years when the new game is fully up and running.
So instead, they just immediately panic and assume the worst. Instead of just looking at the rest of the DevLog that answers many of the questions about this. I have been quite clear about this before but I'll say it again: I'm keeping PFQ around for as long as people are playing it. That's it. PF1 stayed open until people stopped playing it, so it shall be with PFQ.
lol yeah people tend to jump to the worse and don't always stop and read things. i myself was gone from site for awhile and missed many updates/announcements so when i first saw things about "pfnew" i also thought it was the plans for the end of pfq and the next upgrading of the game. i however didn't panic and read almost everything in the old announcements to understand better what you are planning. Not everyone does this though. also yes ValleryP thank you as i did also see the wiki on it too;)
My type race5192. My trade thread can be found here
× 161 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
Now that I've read the wiki I understand what's going on with PFNew in the future although I didn't see anything about legends, does finding their summon items still work the same? By that I mean finding them in boxes or will there be other ways to obtain them?
Pfp from Pfq
This looks like a really good, solid foundation for a site to be built on! Extra excited that plug-in devs will be able to work with it a bit easier too, which means we might be able to get more plug-ins. A few things I'm curious about with PFNext, if you don't mind - You mentioned that PFQ will stay up, but at some point PF1 closed and people were able to migrate to PFQ or just lose what they had. Is there going to be any sort of migration for those who want to go to PFNext? Would it be prior to a potential PFQ closure? And, on the off chance people go to PFNext and like it less and go back to PFQ, and we pretend everyone drops off PFNext, would we be able to migrate stuff backwards to PFQ - I'm sure your first test run would be something like staff members on current PFQ, but after that would it open up to others based on hypermode, account age, general interest? If you don't know yet, that's perfectly fine, just wondering what the thought is at this moment. It could change! - This might be answered somewhere and I haven't seen it, there's a lot of history and forum to dig through...but is there plans for PFNext to have a proper friends system vs PFQs VIP system? One of my irks is that if I want to keep someone "tagged" so I can quickly find and click their boxes, I have to give them "the same" treatment I'm giving my actual friends. There are symbols to prepend to various VIPs so you can somewhat organize them, but the list doesn't filter/group them accordingly so it feels almost moot to use the "tags." I'm sure there must be a reason I don't know for this, but if there's no "friend" system on PFNext, could we have better tools for our VIP lists? Even something as simple as all the diamond tagged ones, then all the star tagged ones, etc. vs a purely alphabetical list Anyways, thank you for the update and I'm excited for the future of PFQ and the eventual launch of PFNext!
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Techtonic Rage for May:
Score: 1025
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I would just note that - while the page on the Wiki does have a lot of info - a lot of it is out of date because it comes from the previous prototype. The current version, for instance, doesn't have any UI at all yet, so things like how the Party will look, how the Inventory and Fields will work, all of that is up in the air right now. So while there is a disclaimer on the Wiki page about how things might be changed, I'm gonna broaden that to everything being nebulous XD

QUOTE originally posted by KitsuneofDreams

- You mentioned that PFQ will stay up, but at some point PF1 closed and people were able to migrate to PFQ or just lose what they had. Is there going to be any sort of migration for those who want to go to PFNext? Would it be prior to a potential PFQ closure? And, on the off chance people go to PFNext and like it less and go back to PFQ, and we pretend everyone drops off PFNext, would we be able to migrate stuff backwards to PFQ
You can still migrate from PF1 to PFQ even now, because when PF1 closed I took a snapshot of the database to keep its data around. Only the game closed, its data remained and can still be retrieved even now. I will not, however, be allowing things to slide backwards. Not just because of compatibility reasons, but drive and motivation to work require forward momentum.

- I'm sure your first test run would be something like staff members on current PFQ, but after that would it open up to others based on hypermode, account age, general interest? If you don't know yet, that's perfectly fine, just wondering what the thought is at this moment. It could change!
It is far too early to even have thoughts about how testers would be selected.

- This might be answered somewhere and I haven't seen it, there's a lot of history and forum to dig through...but is there plans for PFNext to have a proper friends system vs PFQs VIP system? One of my irks is that if I want to keep someone "tagged" so I can quickly find and click their boxes, I have to give them "the same" treatment I'm giving my actual friends. There are symbols to prepend to various VIPs so you can somewhat organize them, but the list doesn't filter/group them accordingly so it feels almost moot to use the "tags." I'm sure there must be a reason I don't know for this, but if there's no "friend" system on PFNext, could we have better tools for our VIP lists? Even something as simple as all the diamond tagged ones, then all the star tagged ones, etc. vs a purely alphabetical list
The prototype did include a better VIP UI where you had a unified list of all of them, and then separate lists by their assigned symbols. That seemed good to me, I'll probably keep something like that. But the return of proper "friend requests" and such is also an option - it was only removed from PFQ because people complained about "spam friend requests" like it was some kind of deep insult to receive them... That kind of immature thinking will not hold back PFNext's improvements, so... maybe!

I will not, however, be allowing things to slide backwards. Not just because of compatibility reasons, but drive and motivation to work require forward momentum
That's totally fair, I was just curious how that even worked. I don't even remember my PF1 login info, so I wasn't involved in the process at all. I re-found PFQ thanks to a friend last year

It is far too early to even have thoughts about how testers would be selected.
Absolutely fair!

The prototype did include a better VIP UI where you had a unified list of all of them, and then separate lists by their assigned symbols. That seemed good to me, I'll probably keep something like that. But the return of proper "friend requests" and such is also an option - it was only removed from PFQ because people complained about "spam friend requests" like it was some kind of deep insult to receive them... That kind of immature thinking will not hold back PFNext's improvements, so... maybe!
Honestly this is so nice to see. A proper friend system would be preferred but even just the better VIP UI makes me happy. Thank you for answering my questions!
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP

I would just note that - while the page on the Wiki does have a lot of info - a lot of it is out of date because it comes from the previous prototype. The current version, for instance, doesn't have any UI at all yet, so things like how the Party will look, how the Inventory and Fields will work, all of that is up in the air right now. So while there is a disclaimer on the Wiki page about how things might be changed, I'm gonna broaden that to everything being nebulous XD
I added your quote to the wiki page so that other users understand this as well.
Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
This is awesome stuff to read about! For Neit specifically, I don't know if you remember my questions back when for the call for better API and the notepad everything, but I'm still working on that project and now that it's closer to being finished I was worried about how I would present it to other users or even to you. The built in plugin system is a huge relief for that! And documentation with the API structure rewrite is going to be so helpful on top of that. I can speak with experience also now that handing those HTML blocks returned from the HTTP requests really requires some... nitpicking at, especially without something somewhere properly explaining what I'm getting back :) Anyways, as a developer I'm super excited for these changes! I feel like I've been coding for Pokefarm more than I've been playing it and I welcome anything that makes that easier for myself and to share it with others. Thanks for the update!
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
Sneaky Shadow's AvatarSneaky Shadow
Are we able to transfer PF1 Pokemon to PF next? Sorry if this has been asked / explained.
[Avatar art by me.] Quote me if you're talking to me, please. ♪~ @u@

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page