PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Interaction experimental update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123456789

Raziya's AvatarRaziya

QUOTE originally posted by scavengers

i wanted to give it a quick test for myself, and while it definitely slows me down by a considerable amount, i don't really mind that. gives me a chance to hydrate, check pms or discord messages, stretch or really anything. i like that it's a 'break' without being called that, stops my little goblin brain from being like 'now i don't want to because you told me to !' i'm very aware of the fact that i'm an outlier in the rate that i click at, and if i have to take a little 'discomfort'/limiting for the site as a whole to run smoother, and the average user to have a better experience, then it really is a non-issue for me. Niet finding a way to allow the QoL and keybinds on the site while also finding ways to reduce the lag, rather than outright banning them is a privilege that i truly appreciate when a lot of pokemon clicker type websites HAVE banned them. forgive me if a lot of this has been said before, i haven't had the chance to do much forum reading recently ^^;
Yes, this is basically my thought as well, after doing a fair amount of clicking. To get to +400 or so and having to wait close to 20 seconds? It doesn't feel great especially when I have messed up my personal timing for exp for an SLE (or not) for whichever egg I'm hatching. But I am finding myself still clicking quickly and just waiting a hair before hitting the 'next field' in one click or (more often) skill issuing myself because I'm not looking by just hammering the screen with multiple fingers when only a single click works there and it helps catch up. I wouldn't complain if the compiling could be a touch faster, but at the end of the day I'll live and it doesn't really change my playing much. I am still noticing lag though between loading fields, I'm not sure if others are - every 4/5 fields or so it will just hang and spin a bit which it was doing before. Again, not the end of the world but just something I have noticed.
Score: 19,016
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Raziya

I am still noticing lag though between loading fields, I'm not sure if others are - every 4/5 fields or so it will just hang and spin a bit which it was doing before. Again, not the end of the world but just something I have noticed.
As more server-side lag issues are identified and resolved, other issues start to emerge. In this case, I'm beginning to suspect there is some kind of networking issue, because I've been getting reports of connectivity issues, timeouts, and other such lag even at times when the server is sitting at only 20% CPU and other resources seem perfectly normal. I will be investigating this possibility at some point.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Raziya's AvatarRaziya

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Raziya

I am still noticing lag though between loading fields, I'm not sure if others are - every 4/5 fields or so it will just hang and spin a bit which it was doing before. Again, not the end of the world but just something I have noticed.
As more server-side lag issues are identified and resolved, other issues start to emerge. In this case, I'm beginning to suspect there is some kind of networking issue, because I've been getting reports of connectivity issues, timeouts, and other such lag even at times when the server is sitting at only 20% CPU and other resources seem perfectly normal. I will be investigating this possibility at some point.
Thank you for the response friend 🥰 Network on the server side or the client side? I play on mobile but I'm almost always connected to WiFi to do so, and I have gigabit fiber (finally haha). When I'm away from home it's usually LTE (4G) as I live in rural sad lands and there is no 5G here. I have a pretty advanced internet setup at my house if there is anything in particular you would want me to look for? My husband is asking me lots of questions now (he installs these for work lol) I got him all excited. Thanks for your hard work!
In-between! While it's difficult to identify patterns in seemingly random blips in connectivity, occasionally it seems to be ISP-related, or even country-related somehow...
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
Interesting! I have noticed it at times that would be very odd for it to be server related (like 8AM my time so 4AM server hah) when there are less than 400 active online users. But it's still overall less lag in the fields than it was before, at peak times or even slightly off peak I would hang every other field for way longer.
Having run the experiment for about a week, I've got some results to share: - Overall, over 90% of users were not even impacted by the experiment at all. Of the remaining 10%, many were less affected by the experiment than they would have been by server lag under the old system. - Instances of detected race conditions have been practically eliminated. You are now getting full credit for every interaction you make (so long as you don't leave the page too quickly!) It's difficult to accurately detect whether this has been totally fixed, but it's looking good. - Overall feedback has been quite positive. - Server CPU was not affected as much as I would like, but is definitely down a couple percent. All in all, I'm happy with this outcome and so the experimental interaction system will be made official. Just one note I will make: I noticed a few people trying to interact with more than one browser tab at the same time. Don't do this - this is exactly what led to the race conditions and data loss I mention above. It is fixed now, but you don't gain any time by trying to interact on multiple tabs - instead they will "fight" each other to get your data submitted safely, usually resulting in one tab totally lagging while the other handles its stuff. One tab, and just let the numbers tick down, okay?
Quick question about the multiple tabs- I like to have one tab with my party and one tab for interactions, so I can quickly hatch eggs and then get back to interacting. Would this cause issues?

Wanted Shinies

Yamask
Galarian Yamask
Ferroseed
Rufflet
Bunnelby
Swirlix
Passimian
Indeedee M
Indeedee F
Burmy F(3)
Pumpkaboo (Small, Average, Large)
Quibbit(Magma)
Quibbit(Charged)
Salandit F
Illumise

Wanted Albinos

Pumpkaboo (Small)
Illumise
Galarian Yamask
I will gladly adopt all unwated Deltas!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Just one note I will make: I noticed a few people trying to interact with more than one browser tab at the same time. Don't do this - this is exactly what led to the race conditions and data loss I mention above. It is fixed now, but you don't gain any time by trying to interact on multiple tabs - instead they will "fight" each other to get your data submitted safely, usually resulting in one tab totally lagging while the other handles its stuff. One tab, and just let the numbers tick down, okay?
A question - I tend to keep an "open 50" and a field to click open in separate tabs, but I don't try and click them both at the same time. Like, I use party clicks to get my egg timer up to lvl 10 and then switch to field clicking. Is this still an issue even if I'm not trying to click both tabs at the same time?
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
It is specifically "at the same time" that's an issue I've seen people running into. But the code handles it for you, so the only real impact is that it takes longer for you.
Soulcoda's AvatarSoulcoda
This is probably a silly question, but I want to make sure I’m not overloading the server. I have a lot of my pokemon set to notify me when their level/happiness reaches a certain amount. Does this bog things down at all or is it harmless for me to put that on like…. 500 pokemon?

Pages: 123456789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page