PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Interaction experimental update

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456789

mascara's Avatarmascara
master.pngd.png
saw less lag in clicking so i just decided to click a field (one thing ive never done since i always found it took long) and.. i must say im actually enjoying field clicking now its much faster than before than you niet !
avatar is official art from a project sekai card
summon_tle.png × 1 / 50
(i am NOT collecting summons they just look cute)
thundr's Avatarhypermode-12.pngthundr
hypermode.pngmaster.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by Grumpy Kitwurm

... So please revert the change or at least make it so the server can keep up with me.
I'm sorry but PFQ will not support your click speed of 80+ clicks per second. (This number is determined in part from the data collected, and in part from your own screenshot, and is still likely an underestimate.) That's the kind of thing that causes not only the server to lag, but ISPs to think the server is being DDoS'd and denying service to an entire country as happened sometime last year. Furthermore, while the server may have "kept up" with your activity in the past, this would almost certainly have caused some loss of data, such as EXP not being calculated properly, Daycare progress not being counted, and/or Credits/IP not being awarded in the correct amounts to you. It only appeared to "keep up", but if you had been accounting your expected figures then you would have seen a significant loss of progression. This update will prevent all of these issues from occurring.
I unfortunately had the same issue as Grumpy but I was only losing about 200-400 interactions with the 1 click CSS. I mapped 8 keys to interact to maximize the amount of interactions (35 I can do with the least amount of time and it's been very helpful in me getting lots of interactions. With that said, seeing the long list of actions done by the interaction code, I can see how mass clicking can be hurtful to the site. I would constantly get the interaction popups and the interaction overload a few times but the list really clears up what's going on behind those popups.

Experiments

I wanted to see if there's any workarounds with these situations to utilize the experimental change and not lose hundreds of interactions so I tried: 1. Interacting with two fields - Doesn't work due to errors and overloading the site 2. Interacting with 1 field + mass clicklist (clickback/users online) - Same issue as two fields 3. Trying to stay under triple digits while spam clicking - Works but feels much slower Only option #3 seems sustainable and is what I'll adhere to until future changes. Also I found that while using two tabs to click two fields simultaneously, you sometimes buffer the interactions for BOTH fields even through the error. And other times, the interactions for one field just completely stops buffering until you click that field again so it is *possible* to use two fields to click but due to the amount of errors it causes, it's just not sustainable for the site nor for you if you're trying to maximize your interactions.
Buying jade orbs!
Score: 0
Zyqi's AvatarZyqi
grandmaster.pnge.png
Can I just pop in to say the new little counter thingy for Fields is amazing visual feedback for me? (Due to my disabilities, I'm very visually oriented and can get frustrated and discouraged if I can't 'see something'.) It's really nice to see where and how my clicks are counting! Thank you!
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧ ﴾ v-ground.png ground.png Score: 0 ground.png v-ground.png ﴿ ✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
⭐ Credits ⭐
I made my Z and banner. Charmeleon and Charizard sprites from here.
Blueish's Avatarhypermode-12.pngBlueish
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
Is this something I'm completely imagining or did the delay using the dragging + holding a berry to feed method go down significantly? It seems easily 3x faster! Whether this is a happy side effect or something purposely fixed I am living for it. Hopefully whatever happens that part remains. It's still way slower than mashing my fingers on a touch screen, but a godsend for my brittle old person wrists :D
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Blueish

Is this something I'm completely imagining or did the delay using the dragging + holding a berry to feed method go down significantly? It seems easily 3x faster! Whether this is a happy side effect or something purposely fixed I am living for it. Hopefully whatever happens that part remains. It's still way slower than mashing my fingers on a touch screen, but a godsend for my brittle old person wrists :D
This was a "stealth update" that I was planning to announce later, but you did indeed find the "secret buff". ... Okay actually I wasn't planning to add this buff until after the experiment, but because my version control system is nonexistent I couldn't actually separate it out from the rest of the experiment so the buff went out anyway... Point being, yes, drag-and-hold has been made faster. Enjoy!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
koikingwarden's Avatarkoikingwarden
arceus.pngd.png
the update is incredible oh my god, fields register clicks so much faster (i'm used to going through 2-3 fields before the counter updated, now it updates just as fast as i can click to the next field) this is especially good with the new popup that tells you when stuff isn't responding and gives you the option to retry (i can't remember what it says off the top of my head, even though i just looked at it) because my internet is kinda bad and interactions have a hard time going through more often than not the only error i've found (and sorry if anyone else pointed this out before me or if it's already a known bug) is that if i get that popup while clicking fields, after i hit 'retry' and the interactions update, the counter displays "+-39" and counts up from there? it doesn't impact gameplay at all, nor does it make things any slower, and it fixes itself if i just refresh the page, but i don't think it's supposed to do that and figured it would be smart to point it out just in case theres some underlying Code Complication causing it
𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓂𝓅𝓈 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃
gem_ghost.png x 4511 / 6278
abingy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngabingy
hypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

... Okay actually I wasn't planning to add this buff until after the experiment, but because my version control system is nonexistent I couldn't actually separate it out from the rest of the experiment so the buff went out anyway... Point being, yes, drag-and-hold has been made faster. Enjoy!
I just tested this buff out and it's incredible! I'll probably still mostly do manual clicks since it's faster, but since drag/hold is at a good speed now, I can totally see myself using it if my hands are tired or if I just don't wanna grab my tablet when I need to do a few extra interactions. Thanks for the update!
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Hu-Tao's Avatarhypermode-12.pngHu-Tao
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by koikingwarden

the update is incredible oh my god, fields register clicks so much faster (i'm used to going through 2-3 fields before the counter updated, now it updates just as fast as i can click to the next field) this is especially good with the new popup that tells you when stuff isn't responding and gives you the option to retry (i can't remember what it says off the top of my head, even though i just looked at it) because my internet is kinda bad and interactions have a hard time going through more often than not the only error i've found (and sorry if anyone else pointed this out before me or if it's already a known bug) is that if i get that popup while clicking fields, after i hit 'retry' and the interactions update, the counter displays "+-39" and counts up from there? it doesn't impact gameplay at all, nor does it make things any slower, and it fixes itself if i just refresh the page, but i don't think it's supposed to do that and figured it would be smart to point it out just in case theres some underlying Code Complication causing it
Just wanted to comment that I'm also getting the negative values after the retry popup! But once again, it doesn't affect gameplay! thought i'd let y'all know regardless tho!
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
I've made an adjustment that should prevent this negative number from happening, by recording a list of queued things and counting the size of the list instead of just having a plain counter.
scavengers's Avatarhypermode-12.pngscavengers
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngc.png
i wanted to give it a quick test for myself, and while it definitely slows me down by a considerable amount, i don't really mind that. gives me a chance to hydrate, check pms or discord messages, stretch or really anything. i like that it's a 'break' without being called that, stops my little goblin brain from being like 'now i don't want to because you told me to !' i'm very aware of the fact that i'm an outlier in the rate that i click at, and if i have to take a little 'discomfort'/limiting for the site as a whole to run smoother, and the average user to have a better experience, then it really is a non-issue for me. Niet finding a way to allow the QoL and keybinds on the site while also finding ways to reduce the lag, rather than outright banning them is a privilege that i truly appreciate when a lot of pokemon clicker type websites HAVE banned them. forgive me if a lot of this has been said before, i haven't had the chance to do much forum reading recently ^^;
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy

Pages: 123456789

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page