PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Change Vivillon Pattern

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
As it stands, when we create an account, we are given a Pattern at Random, and can only hatch that Pattern. From what I have read, we used to be able to hatch all Patterns. What I am suggesting is this: -For those newly joining, the ability to pick their Pattern instead of having it randomly assigned to them. -For those who are already members, allowing them to change their Pattern once for free. Once changed, you could have a time limit on it, such as one month before you can change it again, or a Monetary cost (Credits, Gold Poke, Zophan Canisters) Or, if you would rather, to make things more interesting... A small Event or Quest in which completion during a certain amount of time grants you the ability to change your Pattern. Pros: -People would be able to pick the Pattern -People could once again hatch the special formes (Shiny, Albino, and Melan) of all Patterns instead of only one Cons: -I don't really see any?
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
Poké-Hatcher's AvatarPoké-Hatcher
I don't see why not, since you can technically pick your pattern in the games by setting your 3DS to a different location before starting the game... Normally my location would have the Modern pattern, but my X game generates Ocean patterns due to me setting my location to Hawaii prior to making a save file.
My babies: Avatar - art by myself / You can call me PH or Hatcher c:
ChromaSys's AvatarChromaSys
I believe this has been rejected in the past because of how unbalanced it will make things.
Avatar made by TheMushroomNacho c:<3<3<3 Tanks created by Box<3
Krissi's AvatarKrissi

QUOTE originally posted by PH

I don't see why not, since you can technically pick your pattern in the games by setting your 3DS to a different location before starting the game... Normally my location would have the Modern pattern, but my X game generates Ocean patterns due to me setting my location to Hawaii prior to making a save file.
The fact that you have to go through that much trouble to change your pattern shows that you aren't really supposed to have the choice of the pattern to begin with.
0/300 0/300 0/300 0/300 ★ Journal ★ Vulpix pixel by Type_Null. Shop banner by Alatreon. Icon by SaintNevermOre.
Dorugamon's AvatarDorugamon
Rejected: Ability to change Vivillon Pattern Reason taken from the thread:

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Unfortunately this just isn't possible with the current sprite management system.
My avatar is Dorugamon from the movie "Digimon X-Evolution", ©Toei Animation.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
It's designed to encourage trade amongst players in order to collect all of the patterns. This would make that entire concept useless. No support.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
croChimerical's AvatarcroChimerical
As far as I'm aware, we've never been able to get every pattern by ourselves. It used to be the only pattern available was Meadow. When the rest were added, the each user has an assigned pattern came with.
SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
I don't see how it would make trading amongst other players to collect the Patterns useless. The amount of people who are actually going to take the time to Melan Hunt each individual Pattern are so very few. Not many people are going to hunt for 18 of their own Pattern to be able to trade, so they would still be buying. Making trading amongst other players exist at pretty much the same rate it does now. "Unfortunately this just isn't possible with the current sprite management system." That was six months ago. With all the new updates, new changes, new things learned, it could very well be possible now, so worth throwing out again.
Dorugamon's AvatarDorugamon

QUOTE originally posted by FireWolf1117

From what I have read, we used to be able to hatch all Patterns. Pros: -People could once again hatch the special formes (Shiny, Albino, and Melan) of all Patterns instead of only one
Since I didn't comment to correct/answer you on that in my other post. As chrisCrossed said - The only pattern Scatterbug hatched into in the past was Meadow. That was changed on February 25th this year;

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

• I have no excuse for this one taking so long, but... Any Scatterbug created from now on will evolve into a variety of Vivillon patterns. The pattern you get is user-specific, so each user can only get one pattern on their own. If you want to collect them, get trading with many users!
All in all, we really have no say on this one in particiular since we don't know the system internally like Niet. I'll assume he would have to confirm if this still isn't possible.
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Well, what's the point in trading for other patterns at all when you can just change your own pattern to the one that you don't have? Frankly, most people would just do that, since most people view trading for things like Vivillion patterns as a hassle (myself included, which is one of many reasons I don't care to collect them). I'll also note that if the site had gone through a major overhaul in the past few months, then you might be right, but to my knowledge, the way sprites are handled is exactly the same as it is now, or so significantly similar that Niet didn't bother detailing any change in the Changelog. In any case, I think what he said still stands.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page