PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trades need more item slots

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

POLL: Do you support?

Total votes: 15

You must be logged in to vote.

Wolf9486's AvatarWolf9486
Suggestion Title: Trades Need More Item Slots Suggestion Summary: As of the moment, trades only have a maximum of 5 slots, I believe bumping it up to at least 10, or removing the maximum altogether would be a good idea Positive points: 1. Lots of people trade more than 5 items at a time, so much so that it becomes a habit to trade the rest as gifts 2. Running a trade shop, would be infinite times easier Negative points: 1. Although there are things such as boxboxes and medium/large gems for compact storage, there are other items like summons and almost every other item doesn't have any way to compact them. Reason For Consideration: I think every trade shop owner would enjoy this one, and trades haven't been changed in years from what I have heard
Feed me a berry!
Lv. 74 — 3,483 / 16,651
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dark
Happiness MAX
Quiet nature
Wolf9486
Credits
Avatar by Arihi | Banner by angelatos | Code by Cass Star
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
All those code-related "negatives" even though I specifically ask not to use that as a negative (if something is worth doing, I don't care how hard it is to code, I'll do it!) And not one single mention of game balance. Why do you think we have Box Boxes, Medium and Large Gems, and so on, all of which cost a small amount of value to get an easier time trading?
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Changed it, thanks ^_^
Eggy's AvatarEggy
Part of me feels this could be useful because some of the items commonly being traded cannot be compacted. Though indeed, game balance is also a concern. Currently I can only think of boxes and gems as compactable goods - I may be missing others, but I'm pretty sure most other items miss out on this benefit of being compressed into an easy to trade item (even at a price) and I can imagine there to be a scenario where, for instance, someone is trying to trade for 200 Origin Sashes. At 5 items maximum, that's 40 trades... You could attach one more item to the Pokemon itself, but that's not very convenient afterwards. Maybe instead of increasing slots, what about a feature similar to boxes where you can stack multiple items in one slot at a price? I'd imagine this would have to be done in a way that doesn't render the big boxes and gems obsolete, while still being reasonable. Perhaps you could get a container for trading, or otherwise have a representation of multiple of the same item without having to create actual items for this purpose (e.g. you put 10 Origin sashes in one slot and they show a different sprite and tooltip, but the change is merely visual and doesn't mean that's an actual item, it just means there's more than 1 Origin Sash in that slot).
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
Honestly your suggestion is much better than mine lol
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx

QUOTE originally posted by Eggy

Maybe instead of increasing slots, what about a feature similar to boxes where you can stack multiple items in one slot at a price
Maybe it could be a new one time use item, let’s say a backpack or something, you could have different tiers for Credits, GP and ZC which increases the amount of slots these backpacks have, possibly 3, 5 and 7 this would mean effectively you can send 15, 25 and 35 items in a single trade. I’m not really sure on potential prices, I’ve been gone for 4 years so I have no idea what the economy is like these days but I do believe they should be one use only, maybe a premium ZC option can get more uses but never permanent.
Other
• Current Type Race 10,103
Items do not have the capability of storing additional data. I would need to add an entirely separate "backpack" item for every single possible item in the game. I'm not doing that XD
iOlrickx's AvatariOlrickx
Doesn’t necessarily have to be an actual item that holds other items, would it not be possible to make it a consumable that merely adds more item slots to the trade screen for that specific trade?
Eggy's AvatarEggy

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Items do not have the capability of storing additional data. I would need to add an entirely separate "backpack" item for every single possible item in the game. I'm not doing that XD
What about the idea of just being able to stack items into one slot, with just a change in the sprite and tooltip to show there's more than 1 of that item in said slot, as I described? Is that similar to the backpack idea still, even though in theory this shouldn't facilitate creating new items but a new system for handling multiple items in one slot? It seems that part hasn't been addressed at all.

QUOTE originally posted by iOlrickx

Doesn’t necessarily have to be an actual item that holds other items, would it not be possible to make it a consumable that merely adds more item slots to the trade screen for that specific trade?
Maybe not a consumable, rather just the ability to add more slots? A new item for that may be an extra unneeded step when it's likely simpler to just have the extra slots available directly. On that note, under the assumption that things like buyable slots or stackable items for a price are possible, there should also probably be a system for what happens if a trade doesn't go through. I'd think it should take and hold the currency so that the user doesn't end up spending money they don't have; if the trade is cancelled, then the currency spent is either lost or returned, whichever would be more balanced.
Trades don't support that either without a significant rewrite. Like the one I proposed many years ago but the community rejected ;)

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page