PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

A Shadow's Tale

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 123··· 10111213

LoneShadøw's AvatarLoneShadøw
OCtober 2021 Theme: Faatasi | Medium: Traditional

Prompt List

1. Crystal
  2. Suit
  3. Vessel
  4. Knot
  5. Raven
  6. Spirit
  7. Fan
  8. Watch
  9. Pressure
  10. Pick
  11. Sour
  12. Stuck
  13. Roof
  14. Tick
  15. Helmet
  16. Compass
  17. Collide
  18. Moon
  19. Loop
  20. Sprout
  21. Fuzzy
  22. Open
  23. Leak
  24. Extinct
  25. Splat
  26. Connect
  27. Spark
  28. Crispy
  29. Patch
  30. Slither
  31. Risk

PreDoodles

Days 1-10

Day 1

"Strange Reflection"
Pax & Mirror Pax You've been here a few times now, drawn to the quiet of these northern tunnels... And yet you still don't understand this deep crystal cavern, this deserted place that feels like another world...like if you just stepped wrong you'd wander into another time and place long since disconnected from the world you've come to know. Still this is the first time the strange reflective wall has actually shimmered, giving you a glimpse into that far away place lit by the faintly glowing crystals. What comes into view only spikes your growing sense of unease...the cold, dead gaze staring back... Nix used to tell you stories about the dimensions he saw, back before that disagreement...before.... You shake away that thought before it can fully form. The mirror world was one such story, a place so twisted it could hardly be called a reflection anymore, if it ever was. A place of little more than tragedy where nothing truly lived anymore... Watching your other self now you finally understand what he meant, it's not a place to visit. The other you moves suddenly, breaking your train of thought as she raises her metallic limb and reaches for the shimmering barrier separating the two worlds. You jerk back involuntarily, fear taking over as you finally back away from the mirror and your other self. Something flashes in the eye watching you, an emotion you can't place, and then the barrier fizzles into nothing...leaving the cavern with a cold emptiness you're quick to leave behind.

Day 2

"At the Top"
Mr. Z

Day 3

"Quiet on the Maelstrom"
Lux & Hifumi

Day 4

"Title"
Jyrgal Actually did this one during the month just never got it uploaded, wasn't really happy with how it came out but putting it here finally anyway.

Day 5

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 6

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 7

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 8

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 9

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 10

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Days 11-20

Day 11

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 12

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 13

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 14

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 15

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 16

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 17

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 18

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 19

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 20

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Days 21-30

Day 21

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 22

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 23

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 24

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 25

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 26

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 27

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 28

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 29

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 30

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 31 / Halloween

"Title"
Notes/Caption
Journal 🐾 Shop 🐾 Avatar Credit
Worldbuilding Artober 2021 Theme: Faatasi | Medium: Traditional

Prompt List

1. Ruins
  2. Wild
  3. Treehouse
  4. Nest
  5. Cavern
  6. Fauna
  7. Nomads
  8. Temple
  9. Lab
  10. Farm
  11. Planets
  12. River
  13. Moon
  14. Statue
  15. Market
  16. Arena
  17. Townsquare
  18. Organization
  19. Village
  20. Docks
  21. Beach
  22. Flora
  23. Cemetery
  24. Desert
  25. Altar
  26. Volcano
  27. Mountains
  28. Island
  29. Forest
  30. Portal
  31. Dreams

Days 1-10

Day 1

"Saiyan Landing"
The remains of the spaceship that carried the alien refugees from their homeworlds to the northern wilds of Faatasi. While the exact nature of their flight remains a mystery, the ship crashed on entry and much of it remains buried beyond reach. Recovery attempts were discussed in the early years while the saiyans and driconiums were still adjusting to life on Faatasi but eventually the site was simply abandoned.

Day 2

"Kebas Jungle"
A massive jungle that helps the mountains north of it to effectively cut off the Cicak Region from the rest of the Vahsi continent. The few routes that exist through the jungle are often heavily overgrown and little effort is made to maintain them. It serves mostly as home to wild pokémon willing to risk region living and a handful of animal species looking for shelter in the shadows of the thick trees.

Day 3

"Mumu Village"
Notes/Caption

Day 4

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 5

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 6

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 7

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 8

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 9

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 10

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Days 11-20

Day 11

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 12

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 13

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 14

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 15

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 16

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 17

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 18

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 19

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 20

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Days 21-30

Day 21

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 22

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 23

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 24

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 25

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 26

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 27

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 28

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 29

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 30

"Title"
Notes/Caption

Day 31 / Halloween

"Title"
Notes/Caption
That kinda flopped, so I got sick and by the time I had the energy to work on it again I'd just lost motivation. I did get some more work done on 'all the meowths' but that's about it. I do plan to revisit those Artober ideas though and finish them I just don't have a set timeframe right now other than by the end of the year if possible. That said I do have some good news, I finally replaced my dead laptop so I can get back to digital art. This time without a mouse so maybe I'll try lining again~ Still need a few more bits and pieces for the overall setup and then finally I can figure out what data I still have and what needs to be replaced, not a fun prospect especially six months after the fact but at least I can actually do something now. Still no news on the old drive so I'm basically starting from scratch and whatever scattered files I have backed up, fun. Anyway there's an update so for now...Kitty Out~
I finally got back to the point I was at before the crash, give or take (there's still a few things I just can't redo rn) but it's functional again at least. Also managed to revamp a few profiles that I'd been putting off fixing and filled in some more holes despite motivation still lacking, the current Pokéstuck plan is to get all the visible profiles to the same point at least and then maybe finish out the last few major arts. That's not an immediate thing though, partly due to motivation problems and partly because I'm distracted by games again lately. So before the crash I was working on a not art/character thing too (which I also lost) and managed to find enough pieces to put it back together. Minecraft is a very nice getaway and some of my old mods are finally updating to the current era so I was rebuilding one of my original modpacks. Lotr, digimobs, kingdom keys, tinker's, and a lot more, it's really a lot of fun though some of them aren't fully ported or still in testing stages. So that's what I've been up to the last couple weeks was testing that (though between that and irl I have been checking in just in case anyone needs anything, sorry if it's been slow). Next week will be mostly Legends since I caved and pre-ordered it for Christmas, still debating on starter though (stuck between fire and grass)...anyway I think that's enough of an update so, Kitty Out~
Sometimes I wish things would settle down for more than a day, no maybe an hour? Seriously I hate things moving too fast but the world seems to love being stuck on overdrive. Anyway I guess an update's overdo again but irl's been busy, and not particularly for the best yet again. I only have so much energy to burn on someone that can't be bothered to help themselves, and honestly my limit's been frazzled since I lost my laptop even if I am finally getting used to the new one. On top of that we lost our youngest cat last month, poor baby was barely three and somehow caught a bad case of pneumonia. Grateful none of the others got sick but...he was just starting to get better at the end, to have yet another sliver of hope snuffed right when it sparks is...exhausting honestly. And then this month our oldest (~14) is starting to show her age, I worry for her but at least she's lived a good life. Outlived both her human and her sister...though it's still hard, part of me wants her to hold on 'til after we move and another part knows it's probably best to let her go. In a way it's a miracle she's stayed with us this long, there was some definite worry right after Nana passed but... *sigh* It's not all bad though, amidst all the recent site changes I managed to get two of the three melan zorua I've had on my to-do list (just don't ask how old that list is). Debating sticking the hunt and taking a break though, motivation's died down again and I really have other things I need to get back to. Also picked up an old rp again, which is really nice...I was overdo for an easy distraction and it's a world I've already figured out enough to not have to put extra energy into it. I just need to remind myself to take it easy sometimes...Kitty Out~
Livingdex listings are finally updated again, for however long that lasts. Debating doing some pre-coding for future releases but not sure how spoilery that would be even if it's just barebones placement. Also something is wrong with dex numbering and I can't figure it out, which isn't a new thing but it keeps throwing me off when new regions come around. I should actually sit down and go through the dex just to figure out why it's off but that's a lot of pokémon...uh, besides that on-site I've been pretty quiet. Setting aside art payments, idly hatching for wishforge and type race, mostly just existing which isn't always a bad thing. If something is released before next type race I might start another proper hunt but otherwise July'll probably be even quieter. Speaking of July, I've got artfight prep to do. Not too much since this year I'm just adding and updating, just need to figure out which characters to add and what refs I need to finish. Also might finally get back to 'all the meowths', I've already got most of the species background work done but I still need to do art and finish the actual characters. Which might be good practice to get used to my digital programs again, hoping to stick with digital this year and actually do more than revenges but we'll see how it goes...for now, Kitty Out~
Meh, late posting again-meant to do this a month ago. Anyway ah, artfight was good despite my internet continuing to be difficult. Got through a bunch of attacks and then finished off the month with revenges this time, though the start was a little slow. Had to figure out which style I wanted to try this year but ended up happy with most of the doodles, still have to force myself to not overthink it sometimes. Other art news I did get back into 'all the meowths', which now has a family name (Mewnya) I can use for the project instead, and knocked out a good chunk of the base refs (evos and formes are still on the backburner). Most of the ones I've finished are the 'unique' lines and the next batch will be same base, which should be faster to get through I just took a break after the fight to recharge. After that I still have re-types, which will require some heavier line edits, and humanoids to do. I also want to get back into Faatasi (which isn't directly connected to AtM but it is probably their home planet) but I've been putting off for two main reasons. The first I don't really have control over, I'm waiting for some codes to become available again so I can do a code clean-up of the world before I start expanding the information, and the second I need to outline some before jumping back in. I need to update and do a major overhaul on the world maps so they look nicer and actually make more sense, the routes/roads are kinda all over the place right and were originally based more on pokémon logic than actual worldbuilding. Which isn't necessarily bad it just doesn't translate well when I backtrack to the world's early days so this time I actually want to go back and start from the beginning. Once I go back and figure out how the settlements expanded it'll be a lot easier to put the routes into place and I can add in other forms of transportation. It'll also give me a simpler timeline for when I get back to the prequel comic. Uh, think that's enough rambling for now...mainly just trying to keep up with dexes and doing a lazy goomy hunt between events onsite right now. Kitty Out~
Moving's fun...not really but I am glad to be done with it, now just to finish unpacking and going through stuff. Anyway between that and the holiday season I haven't had much time to work on anything site or artwise but I did manage to finish my zorua hunt and a mini hisui hunt. Probably revisit hisui later for melans but I'm content with the shiny & albino line for now.
Hunt Results 59s/41a/3m 6720h 2s/3a/0m 608h
Going to grab Siniscocoa on my PFQversary coming up and joined a secret santa again this year, otherwise probably going to remain pretty quiet through the rest of the holiday season. Still plan to do a little story blurb rundown on the halloween event when I get a chance to write it out. For now though, Kitty Out~
Still pretty quiet, slowly working on upgrading badges to gold and trying to keep up with tourney/type race but otherwise mostly inactive for now. Joined my first ARPG over on CS though and been having some fun with it~ Mainly back into charries/world-building, finally got around to updating my to-do list and cleaning up some profiles that just needed minor tweaking. Which of course means I've been consumed by Faatasi again, I guess it's good to only have one large-scale project to fall back on and it's definitely my biggest project (though 'The Project' is a pretty close second whenever I get back to it). I'm taking it slower this time and getting things properly in order before I jump back into expanding, which starts with a major coding overhaul/update to bring into focus what I actually intend to work on instead of just whatever the code template offers. I'm getting close to done with this first step and then I can go back and finish up some quick bits to bring everyone back to the baseline. Not sure yet if I'll take a break after that and switch back to other characters or finally get to updating the world maps. We'll see, for now Kitty Out~
Two more badges to all gold but I'm taking a break to focus on off-site stuff. Mostly finished the Faatasi coding (still a few world pages to figure out) but I've really been needing to switch gears and get back to art. Started my comic/story prequel in the middle of that but got stalled because I need to update some refs, which are equally exhausting at times... Anyway the current plan is to work on some ref sheets, maybe jumping between Faatasi and AtM but we'll see, and get the comic going again to help with the world-building side~ Besides project progress I also joined another ARPG (TH this time) to help avoid burnout, I just need something simple to doodle when the big projects become overwhelming and it seemed like a neat world. Artfight plans are still up in the air, might join more casual this time but I doubt I'll get around to adding any new charries or updating profiles this year. For now time is sleep though, good solstice and Kitty Out~

Pages: 123··· 10111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page