PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Exclusive Hunting for Dummies!

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Guides > Exclusive Hunting for Dummies! >

Gumshoe's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGumshoe
mod.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngc+.png
Introduction! What is exclusive hunting?
So....exclusive hunting! I'm not a ~~~~professional~~~~ exclusive hunter by any means, but I feel as if I have a pretty good grasp of the mechanics and what goes into a successful hunt.
How is it different from non-exclusive pokemon hunting?
Exclusive pokemon have a much, MUCH lower breeding percentage than (breedable) non-exclusive pokemon. This means you will be needing a lot of tools not usually required for non-exclusive hunting, namely, the Red Gigaremo and Sweet Hearts. I don't know the exact breeding rate compared to non-exclusive pokemon, but it is much, much, MUCH lower, even when the breeding rate is raised with the Red Giga. To add onto this, most exclusive eggs are DELETED once you release them from the daycare! Again, I don't know the exact percentage, but I'm fairly sure it's less than 5%. I've once (accidentally OTL) released over 70 eggs from my daycare before, and could find NONE in the shelter afterwards, even after extensive searching. This means that in order to hunt effectively, all of your eggs will be coming from your daycare. If you want to hatch more than 12 eggs a day, you're going to need DayCare Passes. These factors combine into a hunt that requires a LOT more effort and funding than a standard non-exclusive hunt, which can get along with 0 funding and much, much less effort.
WHY should I exclusive hunt?
Due to their more difficult and more expensive nature to hunt, exclusive specials generally fetch much higher prices than their non-exclusive counterparts. There are much less exclusive hunts being done, and especially for more obscure exclusives, some have been only hunted very few times, meaning you have something not many others have, and therefore will have people interested! You may not get all of your spent funding back, but selling specials are a significant part of your funds while you're in the process of hunting. Exclusive hunts also can go at a much faster pace than non-exclusive hunts, as you are not bound by the shelter adoption limit! If you have a day you feel extra motivated and have a lot of time to sink into the hunt, you can hatch 300+ eggs if you wish!
SHOULD I exclusive hunt?
Are you willing/able to massclick for extended periods of time? Are you willing/able to get up to 50k-100k interactions daily without too much issue? Do you have full special boosts (HM+uber+charms+max charge albino radar)? Do you have funds for a hunt that will require a LOT of GP (~8kGP per 1k eggs)? Do you have an exclusive you REALLY like, and would love to have a full collection of, or would like to hatch the specials of yourself? Are you willing to accept you might lose funds overall as a result of the hunt? If you answered yes to all of these, congrats! You might be ready for exclusive hunting! :D
WHAT should I hunt?
A full list of exclusive pokemon can be found on the wiki HERE! With the exception of Bunbori, Shinorin, Sikannos, Magquaza, XD001, Formes exclusive to PFQ such as Megas and Primal Formes, and Exclusives released in the two most recent Tournaments, you can use this guide to help you hunt!

Why are the ones you listed different?

Bunbori, Shinorin, Sikannos - These exclusives are legendary pokemon, and therefore cannot be bred. You can only obtain their eggs through the Prize Shop. Magquaza - This is a standard legendary hunt, as you cannot breed it, and it requires you to collect summon items or use the egg supplier. XD001 - A very strange exception, as you can only obtain XD001 eggs through the Prize Shop, similar to Bunbori/Shinorin/Sikannos, except instead of spending GP you must spend last Tournament's token. Interesting, but not relevant to this guide. Formes - It's hard to hunt something that doesn't hatch from an egg, innit? :P Exclusives released in the two most recent tournaments - Exclusives released in the two most recent tournaments do not have egg groups, and therefore cannot be bred. You can obtain them from the prize shop, like Bunbori/Shinorin/Sikannos.
Special note for difficult breeding: Kinaster, Koroku, and Exclusives from the 3rd most recent tournament have SIGNIFICANTLY reduced breeding rates (Kinaster being the most infamous case). While this guide's general methods will work in hunting these pokemon, please keep in mind it will be MUCH more difficult than standard exclusive breeding, and will require MUCH more clicks and MUCH more Sweet Hearts than other exclusive hunts. However, this also results in a hunt with specials that are in high demand! Specials from these hunts tend to go for a lot more than specials of standard exclusives. Special note for Maravol: Maravol's patterns are account locked, similar to the way Vivillon's patterns are account locked. There are 21 patterns in total, which means there are less hunters for each pattern as avid hunters are stuck with their own patterns and cannot hunt other ones. You may be one of, if not The first person to do an extensive hunt of your pattern, so your specials may be in higher demand than other exclusives! Special note for MCW Variants: If you receive a variant from MCW, congratulations! You now are in possession of a variant not many others have which will more than likely be in high demand for a few days! If you're quick, these can be great short-term hunts, as even the regular hatches are in demand in the first days as people look for breeding pairs!
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page