PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Cooking

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 12

Blank Banshee's AvatarBlank Banshee
retiredstaff.pngace.pnge.png
Hi, all, thanks for your input on this! Currently, we (staff, of course) are discussing the feasibility of this as well as waiting on Niet's input on how this could be coded. I'm not going to say 'approved' yet, but we're on the track there.
TrebleCleffa's AvatarTrebleCleffa
champion.pnge+.png
I also feel very conflicted on this, if it's okay to still post (I saw Rayvne's comment but it still isn't approved, so if this post isn't allowed please feel free to tell me). I feel like the Zonphan canisters especially could muck it up if there's an expiration date on items - I understand the need to raise more money, but another thing players without much money can't afford to do on a game that's also possibly exploitable (i.e. selling ingredients to those who can't make enough in enough time) just doesn't sound appealing at all. I'm with Coiffwaff - the idea sounds interesting and fun, but it still feels like it could be easily abused. I like the idea of the berry-only recipes - perhaps like the Juice Shoppe in X/Y, where you can mix berries to make drinks, but instead of it being stats it could be contest levels or affection? Perhaps you can only make one or two a day, and then you can pay to be able to make more per day like 'Slots' with ZC?
Miasaurus here made my avatar! Thank you! Characters (c) TrebleCleffa :) A little agender mousey-mage just trying to keep some sanity in zes life. Feel free to stop by! I am always open to trade offers or general chatter, just please be friendly or polite! A smile a night keeps your heart clear and bright~
Rokon's AvatarRokon
master.pngs.png
Berry only does seem to match games. Take PokeBlocks or Poffins for example. You just need a few berries (and a few friends in DPPt's case) to make that stuff, not any ingredients.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
Coiffwaff's AvatarCoiffwaff
elite.png

QUOTE originally posted by Colress

Berry only does seem to match games. Take PokeBlocks or Poffins for example. You just need a few berries (and a few friends in DPPt's case) to make that stuff, not any ingredients.
Which I would say is a good thing right? I love making poffins in-game using berries so using them on here as well to make things I am sure would be fun! I also agree with TrebleCleffa that only being able to make one or two each day sounds like a good idea.
Credit
Rokon's AvatarRokon
master.pngs.png
Well, if we're running with that, maybe as you get better you can start making more of the item with each session? Up to five. There can be a level bar or something. Not every level boosts it, of course. Other levels can lower risks of burning or just make it from C grade to a higher chance or B or something? But yes, we'll need some kind of limit. Maybe if you cook past your limit, no results come (the runner takes them or a Pokemon eats them or something)? Because I dunno, I'd like to be able to do this even without results.
TrebleCleffa's AvatarTrebleCleffa
champion.pnge+.png
That does sound really fun, Colress :D I like the idea of leveling, like Scouring used to do - there's a limit, but the more you play the more exp you gain. Something like that could be fun :D There could also be some levels that just don't do anything - just raise you towards the next bonus~ It could be quite fun!
Nunka's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNunka
graphics175.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb.png
Okay so I've been reading this for a while so now I'm going to contribute a bit of my own thoughts. My primary focus is going to be on Pokepuffs, Poffins, Pokeblocks, and Berry Juice since they're what I'm familiar with. ^^' Certain Mechanics of course are going to be needed to be figured out. So I'm just going to touch on those rather that putting my finger on what you guys have already discussed. Feel free to poke fun of what I'm adding to this thread. As you've mentioned there will be recipes of which can be earned as the level of the Kitchen/Cooking gets high. That honestly sounds pretty cool. But based on the Mechanics of how the Items are normally made you're going to need as least an Oven(Baking - Poffins, Pokepuffs ect) and a Berry Blender (Pokeblocks, Berry Juice). I'd like to expand on your Idea to somewhat figure out how all this is actually going to work in the Kitchen.

Basic Mechanics

Recipes/Selection: It might work how the PF v.1's Merchant worked recipe wise. If you had a berry associated with an unlocked Recipe it would show up. If you had all the ingredients needed you could select it. Different Recipes will only show up under certain tools, aka if you bake it, you'll need an oven. Process: Similar to the Berry Garden you could probably use the Shift Click Method to transfer over recipes multiple times, provided you have the ingredients required. Also similar to the Berry Garden(in which it usually just restarts itself), Food not collected in time could be Ruined in one way or another(Spoiling, Burnt, ect). You lose the Ingredients and do not get any Items or Experience from Failure. The time it takes to make the type of food could be determined by what you put in it. Harder(High level earned) Recipes could also take much longer than Easy(start off) Recipes. Side note: Recipes could also have success rates. The Harder the Recipe the lower the rate. A level 1 Recipe may have a 100-97% chance while a level 8 one may only be 10-20% or lower. Goods could be "checked" on to increase the chances of success similar how you can water plants to increase the amount of berries you get to it. Harder Recipes may also produce more than easy ones but only to a certain degree. Gaining "Tools": Obviously you're not going to walk into a kitchen without proper equipment. You might need to have a Food Cupboard or a Frigidaire in order to store the food in order to keep it from going bad as fast as it could just hanging out on the counter. It may also have a space restriction
Could be upgraded?
to keep people from mass producing without using their goods. This might be able to be purchased. Other Equipment like stuff for Baking/cooking ect could either be gotten from a tab on the page itself or could be auto given. Like in the Berry Garden you might have to get the Kitchen/Cooking level up before you can Earn/Buy more Equipment.

Baking

Mechanics - Oven (Example is Sweet Poffin with Sour Topping) Poffins: Of Baking, these are pretty much the simplest to make(In speaking anyways). In game, to make them all you need to start are a Poffin Case and a Berry. PokePuffs: Here's where it gets a little trickier. Pokepuffs appear to be the Pokemon version of cupcakes so your added ingredients listed up front will come in handy. These recipes might not be unlocked at first due to the complexity. You might also have to unlock these recipes in order to start finding the ingredients as an add on. Or at least unlock a recipe that requires them.

Blending

Mechanics - Berry Blender (Red Juice) Berry Juice: Of blending these might be the most simple. Just throw in a few berries and whip her up. however based on the Pokemon Game mechanics the system might need a way to know what berries are what color in order to know what goes where unless a pure recipe method is used here. PokeBlocks: In the game these are made with 1 to 3 friends using the Berry blender so this might be a bit harder to make then Berry Juice if this is going to be a One person thing.

Quick Random Thing I put together

Based on above, assuming it was the same size as the Berry Garden, this is what I'm seeing in my head right now. >~<' By the way, All images in this post were either Game Rips
Stuff like the Floor Tiling, Modified Tables, ect
or were Scratched
Stuff like the the Ovens/Food/other stuff you won't find
by me. They're hosted on my Tumblr's Sprite Dump post.
The Oven works in Three Layers. Top Layer is the Oven, it switches between open(Ready to Bake) and closed. Second Layer is the Item. Third layer is the oven background, it switches between Empty, Hot, and Done. Blenders work in two layers. The top layer is the blender. This can switch between On the stand, and sitting on the table(Finished Juice, Not shown). . The second layer is the Blend being mixed. It switches between Berries(not shown), Chunky, Smooth, and Messy (Finished Pokeblocks, Blocks on Counter). In this version, there's 8 levels and the player has reached level 5 and has bought all of what they could(For that Level) and is just based on the 4 Food Items mentioned. The shadows are locked or unearned/bought Equipment. Just a random thought though.
Windfighter's AvatarWindfighter
champion.pnge.png
I don't really support the spoiling thing, that's what usually gets me to stop playing games based on cooking and/or farming. I start something and then since I play around 100 different games with different times to keep track on I always end up spoiling everything. I'd really like to be able to actually use the cooking stuff on PokéFarm if we ever get it without feeling like I should just giving up the whole thing. But of course, if everyone else think that stuff spoiling is a good addition to the minigame I wouldn't want to stand in the way. I could probably just ignore it, but it would be pretty boring not being able to use all the features just because I'm super bad at keeping track of time :P Although, if there was some way we could unspoil dishes or protect dishes from being spoiled at all, that'd be great. Like maybe hiring a helper, or certain items we can find when we scour. In the end though, I guess it depends on how long the stuff will take to cook. Anything less than 30 minutes I usually manage to take care of, anything more than that and I spoil it rotten every time. Success rates on the other hand, that get thumbs up from me! Maybe with a small increase
like 0.5-1%
in success rate for each 10th time we cook it successfully? With a cap though so the hardest recepies only go up to 70-80% chance.
Avatar created by LadyMystery for me on the old Pokéfarm page.
Sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSei
retiredstaff.pnghypermode.pngmaster.pngc.png
Hokay. Talked it over with the rest of the staff and seeing as how this was an idea on PF1 that was approved about 4 years ago, everyone is on board with it, especially seeing as how we're a lot more capable of doing so. ^^ Moving to approved, will lock at reset~

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page