PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Cooking

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 12

I thought of a cute little idea earlier that may or may not be interesting to everyone else, hehe. Cooking! Or baking, in some cases. I know Niet has mentioned that he's still working on consumables, so this is for way later down the road. But why not make another little thing to do on the site when you're not clicking eggs and Pokemon? You can use berries (and possibly other cooking-only ingredients) to create various sweets and goodies for your Pokemon and your friends. Some ideas for things you can make could be: Pokepuffs Poffins Pokeblocks Casteliacones Berry Juice (the mixed blends from PMD3 and XY) Lumiose Galettes Old Gateau Poke Snacks (from Pokemon XD) Donuts (from Gates to Infinity) Plus anything else the staff comes up with! Maybe a feature could be implemented that, once per day, certain Pokemon would produce cooking ingredients that you could collect from them (Miltank=Moomoo Milk, Combee=Honey, Chansey=Eggs). Then, once you gather the correct ingredients to make whatever item you're wanting to make, you can create your treat/s. You can then feed them to your Pokemon (increasing either contest stats or possibly affection, maybe even experience?) or send them to friends in a gift basket. I think certain treats raising experience would be the most useful to send to others. You can start off with simple recipes, then as you get better at cooking, you unlock the more special recipes, like the deluxe Pokepuffs. This system would reward users who take good care of their gardens and like all of the little extra things to do on the site. Again, this is just an idea I thought might be fun, if no one really likes it, no harm done!
Alik's AvatarAlik
grandmaster.pngc+.png
If I'm not mistaken I believe something of this manner *Not sure if -all- of it will be* but due to some pokemon evolution patterns there's bound to be a change of sorts that I -believe- will do something akin to this. As for ingredient gathering...umm well...This isn't something like Harvest Moon and I'm not so sure if I want to turn a clicking game into a farming simulator....That's my two cents. Edit: Ingredient gathering can lead to possible abuse. Take someone that has 50+ milktank, produces large masses of milk once per day, then goes and distributes that out. Someone else does it, then that other person four party clicks later...before you know it 'milk' has no value at all.
candypeach's Avatarcandypeach
champion.pnge.png
Especially with the ingredient gathering being easily abusable, I have to say firmly "no support" to any consumables that increase experience, right off the bat. Ingredient gathering in general I'm not sure of, since it's sort of a something-for-nothing deal: berries you at least have to plant and water to get more of, and scours have a limited number of slots so you can only get so much per day. Just hatching (or adopting) a Pokemon and then getting an item from it, guaranteed, every day forever with zero additional effort feels too easy. Maybe if there was a mechanic in place where you had to work to earn the items and/or there was a cap on how much you could get per day, it might work better. On the rest of it, it's hard to say what Niet already plans to do about affection and contest stats but I'm inclined to think that it will involve consumables and berries? I like the idea of there being unlockable recipes though. I'm not sure how it would work (an experience bar for which you earn XP every time you make something?) but that, at least, would be a neat feature if it's not already part of Niet's plans.
Screenshot from Final Fantasy XII
| Flight Rising | PF1
Alik's AvatarAlik
grandmaster.pngc+.png
It -might- be okay if ingredients were somehow purchased and had an 'expiration' date on them rather than leaving it up to a freebie from the user bases many pokemon. Then paying GP or something for things that keep the expiration date from coming a little longer *A pokefridge or somethng*. Though again I don't think a clicking game should have such a 'deep' mechanic that involves such a complex cooking system as gathering ingredients from a users pokemon. It's much easier to have the items be made already and earned or bought, and perhaps as Candypeach said maybe some recipes that can be unlocked on certain factors. As for making them yourself with entailing ingredients and all their benefits that could be over done? I'm afraid I cannot agree.
Windfighter's AvatarWindfighter
champion.pnge.png
What if everytime you feed those certain type of pokémons you have a small chance of obtaining the ingredients? Then you're not guaranteed them if you have those pokémons and you have a chance to obtain them even if you don't have said pokémons. I really like the idea of cooking stuff for my pokémons. I'd love it if it just raised happiness, although if there is something that raises experience it should probably be some of the more advanced treats, maybe?
Avatar created by LadyMystery for me on the old Pokéfarm page.
Peridot Prior's AvatarPeridot Prior
elite.png
Just thought I'd chime in here, I do feel like I've heard somewhere that some sort of cooking might be added, though don't quote me on that. But, I really love the idea of collecting ingredients. It would definitely make PokéFarm seem more, well, farm-like. Like Windfighter said, perhaps there's not always a 100% chance of getting those ingredients, or perhaps there have to be special circumstances, like a Pokémon with its happiness completely full, and you have to feed them their preferred berry for the day to have the chance to obtain ingredients (I'm assuming these would only be Pokémon owned by you that you could obtain ingredients from. It'd be interesting to see if you could obtain them from Pokémon owned by others, but that could be easily abused and unbalance the PokéFarm economy.). But yeah, the gathering ingredients would be a really neat feature as long as it was implemented properly, and would make PokéFarm seem more farm-like as well as reward farmers who go through their fields to collect the ingredients daily. As for the cooking part, again I feel like I heard it mentioned somewhere that it might be possible to cook...Poffins, I think? Not completely sure, but cooking would be great to have as a sort of mini-game, especially if you had to obtain the ingredients yourself. I'm all for this idea so long as it doesn't break the current balanced economy of PokéFarm.
Links:DeviantArtGeneration IV ClanMy FanfictionPilcrow Pines Art ShoppeMy JournalCurrent Mood: Entering the new age of art. Feel free to send me your art, fanfiction, and roleplays. I'm always willing to take a look at them. Like my signature and avatar? Commission your own at my art shoppe. ...Look at all this space I haven't used.
LKWayvern's AvatarLKWayvern
elite.pnge.png
I liked the ingredients part. It is Pokefarm, right? And, it could be every [insert number of clicks here] there's a chance that a Pokemon might produce an ingredient. Kind of like breeding? Anyways, support. I'd probably just gather ingredients and never cook anything, though!V ^^'
Day after day, give me clouds and rain and grey Give me pain if that's what's real, it's the price we pay to feel The price of love is loss, but still we pay We love anyway
Rokon's AvatarRokon
master.pngs.png
It sounds like a cute idea. From what I'm reading, people are worried about abuse. Easy fix. Whatever Pokemon you want to gather items from have to be put in certain slots (you get 3 to start). You can only put one Pokemon in one slot, and they produce ingredients. You can collect one ingredient from a slot per day, much like the daycare. You can buy more slots with Zonphan (did I spell that right?) Canisters which could help raise some more money for the site, or a large amount of Gold Poke (since GP can just be gotten in boxed)? I object, however, to items raising experience. That'd be categorised under making the game too easy, especially for newbies. Or unless we're going to run like gifts on PF and have certain rank requirements to get certain items from players? Overall, support. I'd like to make Poffins, and it'd definitely help set PFQ apart from other games like this (not to say we aren't great and unique already!). I can see this being appreciated, and as LKWayvern said, this is PokeFarm. Why not reap such items like a farmer would? Just keep this sort of small. We don't want to derive from the basics of the game too much.
cee - he/she/they - 21 icon from Rachel and Jun youtube sig sprite by me stoked sparksurfer! everything i post is to be read in the flattest voice possible
RedCydranth's AvatarRedCydranth
retiredstaff.pngultra.pngc+.png
I like Colress's idea for a slots. It can be called the FarmHouse. The basic FramHouse has 2 slots. More can be built for Zophan. Pokemon get placed in the slot and every 6 hours, you can attempt to harvest. The higher level they are, the higher chance they produce an item. But even at 100 there's a chance for failure. This would actually give leveling up Pokemon a purpose. Like scouring, this will affect the tiredness of the Pokemon as well. A pokemon who has just scoured will be too tired to be harvested. And vice versa. Every pokemon can produce a different material/ingredient. Some examples: Cherubi/Cherrim = Cherries Sunkern/Sunflora = Sunflower Seeds Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff = Dandelion Greens Exeggcute/Executor = Palm Oil Tropius = Bananas Happiny/Chansey/Blissey = Eggs Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken = Hot Sauce Teddiursa/Ursaring = Salmon Filet Wailmer/Wailord = Blubber Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff = Apples You get the point. These ingredients can then be sold for profit or be used in the actual "Cooking" part of the minigame. This would then parlay into Greenie's original idea of making Poffins or PokeBlocks to increase the various stats of our pokemon, which in turn could be used in other mini games like Contests or something. When I played pokemon I never did any of that stuff, I only did whatever it took to get Feebas to evolve then never touched it again. But it seems like something that a lot of people here would partake in, and I'm sure if it had benefits, I would too. EDIT: And those are just foods. Some pokemon could harvest "items" like Magnets, Cinder blocks, Coral, Beeswax, Twigs, Shark's Tooth, etc etc and those items could in turn be used to make other types of Pokeblocks or other "Quest items" similar to what PF1 had for quest items.
Signature by Naiyala
Coiffwaff's AvatarCoiffwaff
elite.png
I don't know. I really like the idea but I still think it could be easily abused. Especially if you could sell these ingredients for profit. Also wasn't the original idea mostly about being able to use berries for something, shouldn't those be the main or/and only ingredient if anything?
Credit

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page