PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Show who is selling on the Market Board.

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 123

POLL: Would you like this suggestion?

Total votes: 56

You must be logged in to vote.

AlastorStar's AvatarAlastorStar
elite.pnge.png
Ik its pointless but what if you want to buy from your friends? you wont know unless you buy all the stuff from a certain item out. So I want a solution for this! Show who is selling on the Market Board.
Alastor - He/They - Asexual
Score: 1125
Badge Code by LycanKai
Image is my oc. (The black is ink.)
forebodhi's Avatarhypermode-12.pngforebodhi
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge+.png
no support honestly. if you want to buy from your friend, just.. pm them to ask if they have said item? or go to their shop! i really can’t see anything but negatives from showing the names before purchase because it’s bound to be used in an exclusionary way tbh
elite.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by forebodhi

no support honestly. if you want to buy from your friend, just.. pm them to ask if they have said item? or go to their shop! i really can’t see anything but negatives from showing the names before purchase because it’s bound to be used in an exclusionary way tbh
People only care if you sell for the cheapest tbh. What if they dont have a shop?
AHHH RUN's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAHHH RUN
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnge.png
It sounds fun at first, but I think the risk outweighs the benefit. The market board is arguably one of the most competitive parts of the game. I could see it being taken personally if a seller undercuts someone by 5 credits or if a buyer skips over the lowest-price seller to buy from their friend. In any case, the market charges the seller 5% fee. If you want to buy from your friend, it's best for both of you to arrange the sale directly. You can advertise the in-game items you're selling in your About Me, I think.
🎉
Faun's Avatarhypermode-12.pngFaun
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
No support, sorry. I like that it's anonymous. I use the market board to just list stuff I don't feel like dealing with too much, I'd rather not have my name listed on what I'm selling. If I wanted that, I would just make a forum post. There's the potential that people will PM me about market board items if my name is public on them, and that's the opposite of what I want when I use the market board.
he/it/the faun 🪷 28 (🌎
Eastern Standard Time (UTC-4)
🎂
August 28th
)
summon_tor.png216/500
credit
Avatar by me Background from Studio Ghibli film: "Secret World of Arrietty" F2U code by Gumshoe
elite.pnge.png
well maybe you could make it an option to choose if youd like it or not. because id like it
Mio Xenoblade's Avatarhypermode-12.pngv-normal.pngMio Xenoblade
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnga+.png
make a poll to see if people would like it, there's a tutorial here: https://pokefarm.com/forum/thread/422768/README-Making-Responding-to-Suggestions personally i agree with everyone else, i think it being anonymous makes the market board a lot more fair. the other people who replied said everything i wanted to a lot better than i could. plus, saying "because i'd like it" isn't a valid reason to be added, you'd need more of a justification.
juno
mio is fine too!
| adult | any pronouns | pfq's otter hoarder
f2u codecode shoptrade shopjournal
art by me for my use only!
Noahverse's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNoahverse
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Yeah, no support from me as well. I think it's better that it's anonymous. The community here is pretty great, but I fear it'd open the door to harassment of some kind. What if the same someone's constantly undercutting you? What if someone's items sold more often than yours? Or, for high-value items, harassing people to lower their prices? Idk. I'm not convinced it'd happen, and I sure hope it wouldn't, but I think the market is much fairer when it's anonymous.

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

v-fairy.pngfairy.png: 8558 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
skypony101's Avatarskypony101
arceus.pngc.png
No support, and I'll explain below. I feel like the reason "because I like it" is really not good enough of a reason for a feature like this to be added. There's a reason it's anynomous. You said it yourself, you think it's pointless. The solution to wanting to buy something from Your friend is not to use the market board, in that kind of situation you have to pm them and ask for what you want so they can trade you ^v^ The main reasons why this would not be a good decision is 1. The market has been anynomous since, what, the game came out? Even though it's relatively simple to show who is selling, it's a huge change to everyone who plays. 2.there is huge potential for harassment of sellers. You dont want 5 people pming you asking to buy some item from you just because they saw you were selling it on the market board -. not only would customers be able to harass you, but other buyers would as well. Imagine selling an item on the market and then some other seller puts their item up for literally 1 credit less than the other person, and since their username is displayed they know exactly who it is. Not everyone is rude, but it is a garuntee that there will be unfavorable situations. 3.if you have items to sell+don't want to sell on market and don't have a shop.... Make a trade thread or a shop? 4.It's better to prevent something completely than to have the option of doing it or not doing it, it prevent literally every negative thing I just stated lol 5. I genuinely dont see how exactly showing seller names on the market would be better and easier than just PMing your friend
my avatar is a picture of my dog Tika, taken my me :) check out my dexing service! *
image made by me. shiny, albino, mega, and totem sticker from PFQ
click the counter to go to my profile and get your own! 17 TR types available
Raziya's Avatarhypermode-12.pngv-electric.pngRaziya
booster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngc+.png
No support. You can see who listed items on WoW's auction house and if you sold a lot you better have a bank or auction alt or else you could expect being harassed. It being anon is SO much better.
Score: 19,016
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page