PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

2024 Update Phase 2: The Shelter

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 303132

As a late-game player this update sounds great!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

So.. to make it clear, you have zero intention of implementing anything to help new players with the shelter?
That is correct, and is how it should be.
But this raises a question for me: What do you actually envision as the use for the shelter for newer players? Is it a feature that’s just not meant to be used at all until people start shiny hunting?
I'm so curious about the people reacting negatively to this. Even if you're grabbing new things, it only counts them as that "expensive" cost once and then it's the way it is now. People who hunt the shelter for specific species/exclusives/etc have even more adopts to do so, and those who are shiny hunting have even more factoring all things in as well. Yeah it means that you can't get all your species from the shelter, but the lab is way, way better and the site is getting better at pointing you towards where to get things so you don't have to "waste" your shelter adopts on new stuff anyways. I'm still working on expanding out my lab slots but I've been having fun doing so. If I weren't chaining it would be super easy to just get to my 1k adopts and have variety there. I think if the lab had been like this before (and had pointed me towards hey some things are only fishing, etc) I wouldn't have even wanted to use the shelter for everything. Maybe that's just me Edit - the Shelter Budget Voucher, will it be tradable? Or is it ephemeral and goes away after a day. Like can you buy them, hold them until you need them, and then use them? Or could they be sold on the market/traded in general? I could see veteran players with hoards of IP gifting them to players with the bulb to help them out if this is allowed, which would be a cool way of getting the new players talking to others?
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Inferno Overdrive for June:
Score: 21
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt
Tarountula's AvatarTarountula
arceus.pngb+.png
This is an interesting update but I've noticed a bit of a problem with the new update getting an egg from the shelter costs ip as does charging your albino radar and so does buying lab reloaders so my question is how are people able to find a balance between the three? People who are actively hunting something tend to have their albino radars charged to 6-7 daily there goes most interaction points right there, buying each new lab reloader costs 10k-60k ip (not counting the 10 free ones) so there goes even more ip right there so there would be very little ip leftover to use for the shelter (not from looking at the standard players who have 300k+ ip daily)
Pfp from Pfq
Sedona's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSedona
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Mxrtina

rip new players hope they can find the will to carry on playing after adopting 1 egg and 1 new pokemon from the shelter
With the lab updates, it's much easier to dex with the lab than it has been before. If the shelter was the only thing getting the overhaul, sure, I'd say this was detrimental to new players. But the lab has 10 free reloads, up to 8 eggs available at a time, and upgrades that make the lab timer a lot shorter. Plus, lab reloaders cost IP now if the free 10 aren't enough for any given player. If a new player is allergic to using the lab, which has been buffed significantly, that's on the new player.

Sedona | They/Them | Adult

keeper of the spreadsheets
Sprite Shop Trade shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Bonipops on Twitter Signature Pagedoll @Myself Type Race Code @Kieri
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by KitsuneofDreams

Edit - the Shelter Budget Voucher, will it be tradable? Or is it ephemeral and goes away after a day. Like can you buy them, hold them until you need them, and then use them? Or could they be sold on the market/traded in general? I could see veteran players with hoards of IP gifting them to players with the bulb to help them out if this is allowed, which would be a cool way of getting the new players talking to others?
Completely tradeable, just like any other item - that's why I am making them items and not just "pay IP to boost yourself" ;) Gotta support the community sharing its love!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Rainquail's Avatarhypermode-12.pngRainquail
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd+.png

rip new players hope they can find the will to carry on playing after adopting 1 egg and 1 new pokemon from the shelter
The lab has been exponentially boosted in terms of viaibility for expanding a PokeDex, and does not have a limit. I don't see how this would really handicap new users, when they have plenty of other means to get new eggs and Pokémon.
Yuloo's Avatarhypermode-12.pngYuloo
hypermode.pngmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by cursed-spaghetti

As a late-game player this update sounds great!

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

So.. to make it clear, you have zero intention of implementing anything to help new players with the shelter?
That is correct, and is how it should be.
But this raises a question for me: What do you actually envision as the use for the shelter for newer players? Is it a feature that’s just not meant to be used at all until people start shiny hunting?
I think personaly to stop new players from advancing to quickly and getting bored and leaving this feature is forcing new players to to rely more on other players and the lab to fill out their dex therefore they cannot progress as fast until they are able to get new passes and hopefully allowing players to stick around for longer
WytchyLynx's Avatarhypermode-12.pngWytchyLynx
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd.png
I really like this update. New players will be able to utilize the lab, fishing, and daycare before resorting to the shelter so their adoption points shouldn't all be going towards new eggs/pokemon there anyway. This feels much more balanced!
Lynx • They/She • 35 • IV Breeder ShopDiscordJournal

QUOTE originally posted by KitsuneofDreams

Edit - the Shelter Budget Voucher, will it be tradable? Or is it ephemeral and goes away after a day. Like can you buy them, hold them until you need them, and then use them? Or could they be sold on the market/traded in general? I could see veteran players with hoards of IP gifting them to players with the bulb to help them out if this is allowed, which would be a cool way of getting the new players talking to others?
Completely tradeable, just like any other item - that's why I am making them items and not just "pay IP to boost yourself" ;) Gotta support the community sharing its love!
Excellent, thank you for the quick answer, Niet!
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Rainquail

The lab has been exponentially boosted in terms of viaibility for expanding a PokeDex, and does not have a limit. I don't see how this would really handicap new users, when they have plenty of other means to get new eggs and Pokémon.
Honestly, the negative responses like Mxrtina's are kinda illustrating the exact point I'm making, that the Shelter has been far too dominating of a feature to the exclusion of all other features. Such negative comments are actually helping to prove that this is the correct choice.

Pages: 12345··· 303132

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page