PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Day", "Night", "Dawn", and "Dusk" evo items

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Junker Queen's AvatarJunker Queen
i susport the concept of an "item" to change the time of day just for you to evo a pokemon maybe you could set your time zone to fix this (not a feature) 1- i work all the time and any time i finally get on pfq its always night 2- any time i actually get on during the day dawn or dusk i dont even remember what i had planned (think about this as once in a blue moon) i can see why it might not be added 1- trading is like a core in pokemon it always been 2- neit just wants you to be "socailly active"
Sedona's AvatarSedona
I can see the argument that trading is a core Pokemon mechanic, but these are pokemon that do not require being traded to evolve - this would be different from, say, the Link Cable item we've seen in recent spin-offs like Pokemon Sleep for evolving. It also doesn't keep users from trading to other users if they don't have the item needed.

Sedona | They/Them | Adult

keeper of the spreadsheets
Sprite Shop Trade shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Bonipops on Twitter Signature Pagedoll @Myself Type Race Code @Kieri
D.MC's AvatarD.MC

QUOTE originally posted by Junker Queen

i susport the concept of an "item" to change the time of day just for you to evo a pokemon maybe you could set your time zone to fix this (not a feature) 1- i work all the time and any time i finally get on pfq its always night 2- any time i actually get on during the day dawn or dusk i dont even remember what i had planned (think about this as once in a blue moon) i can see why it might not be added 1- trading is like a core in pokemon it always been 2- neit just wants you to be "socailly active"
Tbh trading isn't a super core feature but it is important in some ways. Selling and very specific pokemon that require it to evolve which isn't many but enough of them ^^ Personally I only trade if it's gifting friends or selling things And when I don't do either I just do my own thing. The argument of trading isn't really a strong one for this specific pokemon unless it's for the "you can get a dex trade" part if this gets rejected, which yes but most want to evo it themselves. I'm pretty sure he means "socially active" in a sense of clicking, correct me if I'm wrong on that but that's the main definition I've been given in the past. Regardless there are alot of those who are too socially anxious/scared to interact with others besides clicking so this item would help those people out alot. Same with people who have a strick schedule and can't stay up at weird hours. EDIT: I also don't know/care to go into my PC settings to change its time zone and I think some PC only use your exact location for it so idk about that feature or solution. Ik my phone can't change its timezone or atleast I haven't found it but besides the fact the time zone is that based in the UK. It has nothing to do with your device itself. (I also don't have my PC atm so I'm stuck on Mobile until then) I support this but this does seem like a very OP item tho

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
Sedona's AvatarSedona
You know how sometimes you mentally reply to things, but then don't actually reply to them? Yeah. I did that.

QUOTE originally posted by D.MC

I'm pretty sure he means "socially active" in a sense of clicking, correct me if I'm wrong on that but that's the main definition I've been given in the past.
Niet and Garth have both said (in so many words) in the past that part of the social aspect of PFQ is trading. [x], [x], [x].

QUOTE originally posted by D.MC

Regardless there are alot of those who are too socially anxious/scared to interact with others besides clicking so this item would help those people out alot. Same with people who have a strick schedule and can't stay up at weird hours. EDIT: I also don't know/care to go into my PC settings to change its time zone and I think some PC only use your exact location for it so idk about that feature or solution. Ik my phone can't change its timezone or atleast I haven't found it but besides the fact the time zone is that based in the UK. It has nothing to do with your device itself. (I also don't have my PC atm so I'm stuck on Mobile until then) I support this but this does seem like a very OP item tho
Right now, changing your computer's timezone doesn't affect Pokefarm - it runs off of the server time, which is GST (Gulf Standard Time.) While having the server mirror the user's local time would be interesting, I actually don't support it for a number of reasons; for one, it would likely be a nightmare to code. Server time is also really important for a lot of site functions - events, tournaments, contests, type races, bonus counters, etc. I don't think an item like this would be that OP, especially if broken down into four different items. I actually wasn't thinking of this being a single item that could handle all time-locked evos - instead, four different items that all represent a different time state. Just for the sake of the conversation, let's call them "Day Clock," "Night Clock," "Dawn Clock," and "Dusk Clock". So if I want a Midday Forme Ruffwool, I must give it a Day Clock, and then I must wait 24 hours before I can actually evolve the Pokemon. (In the original suggestion, this would just mean holding the item for 24 hours; but in the "use Colress's Shack" suggestion, there's two ways this could be implemented - either the Pokemon holds the item for 24 hours and then can be taken to Colress, or the Pokemon holds the item and then is taken to Colress, and can be picked up in 24 hours.)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Sedona

Right now, changing your computer's timezone doesn't affect Pokefarm - it runs off of the server time, which is GST (Gulf Standard Time.)
What's GST lol Server Time is UTC.
I don't plan on having any items that bypass features of the game, with the exception being temporarily while the feature is offline or in development (like the Big Malasada and Blue PokéBlock MAX items)
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Sedona's AvatarSedona
Coulda sworn I saw GST somewhere - that's what I get for googling "GST" and seeing it aligned with server time and then just assuming, lol.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I don't plan on having any items that bypass features of the game, with the exception being temporarily while the feature is offline or in development (like the Big Malasada and Blue PokéBlock MAX items)
That's fair enough - figured it was worth pitching the idea ^^
MoriyaHiroaki's AvatarMoriyaHiroaki

QUOTE originally posted by Sedona

Right now, changing your computer's timezone doesn't affect Pokefarm - it runs off of the server time, which is GST (Gulf Standard Time.)
What's GST lol Server Time is UTC.
This means do not plan Prism Scale or Linking Cord too?
ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom

QUOTE originally posted by MoriyaHiroaki

(snip) I don't plan on having any items that bypass features of the game, with the exception being temporarily while the feature is offline or in development (like the Big Malasada and Blue PokéBlock MAX items)
This means do not plan Prism Scale or Linking Cord too?
The linking cord, I remember, was implemented in PLA and PMD because they are obligate single-player games, which doesn’t apply here. The prism scale was from generation 5 as a way to circumvent the contest stats that weren’t in that generation. (In this case both methods were kept in generation 6 because contests were briefly brought back, I don’t know what BDSP did.) But if I remember correctly(which I couldn’t find evidence of but I thought I read once) we can’t have multiple methods for a single path like the prism scale/contests due to code limitations. Even if this last bit was a figment of my imagination, the items you mentioned were meant to cover features that did not exist in their games, not bypass an already present method.
Shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk! My door is always open and I have experience with mental health issues. Spinarak drawn by me
Sedona's AvatarSedona

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page