PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Day", "Night", "Dawn", and "Dusk" evo items

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Sedona's AvatarSedona
Suggestion Title: "Day", "Night", "Dawn", and "Dusk" evo items Suggestion Summary: A set of held items that imitate server "time" states regardless of the actual server time. Positive points: - For those who play significantly ahead or behind server time, time-of-day gated evolutions (such as the Cosmog line or Rockruff for Dusk Forme) become more possible. Negative points: - Could be taken advantage of by users who are aligned with server time to evolve Pokemon whenever they wanted, making them less rare. (Countermeasure: require a pokemon to hold the item for 24 hours "to charge" before it can be used? I don't know if this is possible in the current code.) Reason For Consideration: - Physical health of players. Most people wont (or at the very least, probably shouldn't) break their sleep schedules to stay up to evolve their pokemon. This issue could become compounded by people who hunt for pokemon that require time-locked evos and have multiple S/A/Ms they want/need to evolve.
Logistical issues and their possible work-arounds

Pokemon that use other items to evolve already

QUOTE originally posted by Alolan Vulpix

...and there are some pokemon that already evolve at night such as Sneasel or pokemon that already have evolution items such as Milcery would these new evo items replace the ones needed to evolve Milcery or Sneasel?
I'd admittedly forgotten about Pokemon that require a time of day and an evo item to evolve, and I've been trying to think around the best solution. I've come up with three ideas: 1. Add the "time item" as a second way to evolve the pokemon. In the example of Sneasel, you could either give it a razor claw and evolve it at the correct time of day per the server (night for regular, day for hisuian), OR you could give it the "day item" or "night item" to evolve (and wait the "charging period" for the item, if that mechianic is implemented.) 2. Make the "time items" consumeable to Pokemon that has a time-locked evo. (In the case of the "charging period," maybe the item is "absorbed" by the pokemon after 24 hours? This, again, depends on coding limitations.) Once consumed, the regular evo item could be used. I think to avoid issues, if a pokemon has consumed a "time item" but is then traded, they do not keep the effect that the "time item" has granted. 3. Have them use Colress's shack to "embue the pokemon with the power of time." They would still need the "time item" to do so, similar to needing coins or scrap metal, and the process would be irreversible. This would not automatically evolve the Pokemon, the user would still need to evolve it in their party/field, and so they would still need to use any other evolution items necessary (for example, a razor claw.) This process would only be possible for pokemon who have a time-gated evolution, so users wouldn't be able to embue, say, a Bulbasaur with the power of time since it wouldn't do anything.

Item being too OP

QUOTE originally posted by D.MC

I support this but this does seem like a very OP item tho
I don't think an item like this would be that OP, especially if broken down into four different items. I actually wasn't thinking of this being a single item that could handle all time-locked evos - instead, four different items that all represent a different time state. Just for the sake of the conversation, let's call them "Day Clock," "Night Clock," "Dawn Clock," and "Dusk Clock". So if I want a Midday Forme Ruffwool, I must give it a Day Clock, and then I must wait 24 hours before I can actually evolve the Pokemon. (In the original suggestion, this would just mean holding the item for 24 hours; but in the "use Colress's Shack" version of the suggestion, there's two ways this could be implemented - either the Pokemon holds the item for 24 hours and then can be taken to Colress, or the Pokemon holds the item and then is taken to Colress, and can be picked up in 24 hours.)

Sedona | They/Them | Adult

keeper of the spreadsheets
Sprite Shop Trade shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Bonipops on Twitter Signature Pagedoll @Myself Type Race Code @Kieri
skypony101's Avatarskypony101
Eh, I'm 50/50. It could be a good feature if you really want to evolve it yourself, but you also don't have to do that solo. I've seen multiple people ask for help to evolve mons like that, you could also ask to buy one from someone if you don't want to to wait for someone to take hours with your pokemon That's the great part of pfq, a ton of people alr have what you're looking for or are willing to help you out with what you need
my avatar is a picture of my dog Tika, taken my me :) check out my dexing service! *
image made by me. shiny, albino, mega, and totem sticker from PFQ
click the counter to go to my profile and get your own! 17 TR types available
Sedona's AvatarSedona
A fair point! My only pushback would be that those options would still exist for people who don't care about evolving the pokemon themselves, especially depending on how rare the evo items are / how long they take to circulate into the userbase.
Xygallix's AvatarXygallix
I think similar things have been suggested before, like here, that thread contains links to others too. In this one Niet makes it clear he feels we can just trade to get help with an evo if required and honestly... I kind of have to agree with him. Nobody can do everything alone on here - even if you never voluntarily interact with others, chances are you'll never get all the trade-evo pokemon without using things like the shelter or wondertrade and those... could eventually give you the evos you need anyway. A lot of users will help others out with time locked evos as well, so I'm not convinced there's much need for a new way to access those evos. I don't think any suggestions have featured the use of items before (I could be wrong) but honestly... I don't think this has more merit than the other suggestions and at least one of those has been rejected. Edit: Just for the record, being aligned with server time doesn't always help with evos. E.g in summer, the nights are so short that people even aligned with server time could struggle with night evos then. Same as those working night shifts may not be awake during daytime at the moment as our days are very short.
Check out my free fields, full of R/E/V/L and pairs! One of my friends runs a shop, go see her if you want box/shelter hunts, free egg dexing and her free fields!
Sedona's AvatarSedona
I did read through the suggestions linked (and the ones linked within) and while this is similar, you're right, none of them use items. I can kind of agree with Niet's stance on not wanting pokemon to be able to auto-evolve when the user is not online. It takes the player element out of the game to a degree, and (as far as I'm aware) there are no other aspects to Pokefarm that happen automatically without player input. Wishforge badges, scours, berry farms, summons, etc. all require the player to click a button to finish the process. I think, since this is an evo item that does require the player to still 1) get the evo item, either through scours/boxes or through trade and 2) press the "evolve" button themselves, it's different enough to be, well, different. I also respectfully have to disagree with the sentiment of "I don't think your idea should be implemented because there are similar ones that I liked better that were rejected." I just don't think that's a productive mindset when discussing quality of life changes. The other ideas being rejected doesn't make the want for them go away - the best we can do is try to find and suggest solutions that do fit within bounds that Niet finds acceptable.

Edit: Just for the record, being aligned with server time doesn't always help with evos. E.g in summer, the nights are so short that people even aligned with server time could struggle with night evos then. Same as those working night shifts may not be awake during daytime at the moment as our days are very short.
I'd actually think this would create more of a demand for these items - if a person can't find someone who will evolve their pokes (especially if, again, they're looking for mass evos for hoards or S/A/Ms), and they physically cannot be online when the server is set to "day" in the winter, or "night" in the summer, that's at least a quarter of the year that they have to wait to try and evolve their pokemon.
Sedona's AvatarSedona
Bump~
Sedona's AvatarSedona
Bump~
Honey Bunny's AvatarHoney Bunny
I'm kinda iffy on this because there is a possibility that people could miss the dusk or dawn time frames and end up with the wrong evolved pokemon and there are some pokemon that already evolve at night such as Sneasel or pokemon that already have evolution items such as Milcery would these new evo items replace the ones needed to evolve Milcery or Sneasel?
Pfp from Pfq
Sedona's AvatarSedona

I'm kinda iffy on this because there is a possibility that people could miss the dusk or dawn time frames and end up with the wrong evolved pokemon...
I was thinking each evo item would be a seperate item - so, one for day, one for night, one for dawn, and one for dusk. This way, there wouldn't be any risk of missing a time frame and evolving into the wrong pokemon.

...and there are some pokemon that already evolve at night such as Sneasel or pokemon that already have evolution items such as Milcery would these new evo items replace the ones needed to evolve Milcery or Sneasel?
I'd admittedly forgotten about Pokemon that require a time of day and an evo item to evolve, and I've been trying to think around the best solution. I've come up with three ideas: 1. Add the "time item" as a second way to evolve the pokemon. In the example of Sneasel, you could either give it a razor claw and evolve it at the correct time of day per the server (night for regular, day for hisuian), OR you could give it the "day item" or "night item" to evolve (and wait the "charging period" for the item, if that mechianic is implemented.) 2. Make the "time items" consumeable to Pokemon that has a time-locked evo. (In the case of the "charging period," maybe the item is "absorbed" by the pokemon after 24 hours? This, again, depends on coding limitations.) Once consumed, the regular evo item could be used. I think to avoid issues, if a pokemon has consumed a "time item" but is then traded, they do not keep the effect that the "time item" has granted. 3. Have them use Colress's shack to "embue the pokemon with the power of time." They would still need the "time item" to do so, similar to needing coins or scrap metal, and the process would be irreversible. This would not automatically evolve the Pokemon, the user would still need to evolve it in their party/field, and so they would still need to use any other evolution items necessary (for example, a razor claw.) This process would only be possible for pokemon who have a time-gated evolution, so users wouldn't be able to embue, say, a Bulbasaur with the power of time since it wouldn't do anything.
Sedona's AvatarSedona
Bump~

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page