PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Reverse evolution

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

FloralBreeze's AvatarFloralBreeze
it could have a high cost and only be used on pokemon a trainer has had for a long period of time. The pokemon would lose experience points each time it goes down an evolution. reverse evolution could maybe be done through an item from the prize shop? just an idea.
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
What's the point of this?
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
FloralBreeze's AvatarFloralBreeze
Good question. I know its not very practice, but uts for people who liked how their pokemon looked before they evolved/mega evolved. This would be most relevent in shinies ehere colors can change. I get your point though. probaby won't be a lot of people interested. thanks fir the reply.
skypony101's Avatarskypony101

QUOTE originally posted by FloralBreeze

Good question. I know its not very practice, but uts for people who liked how their pokemon looked before they evolved/mega evolved. This would be most relevent in shinies ehere colors can change. I get your point though. probaby won't be a lot of people interested. thanks fir the reply.
if you dont like the evolotion colors, why would you evolve it in the first place? you could also, given the circumstance that you have the currency to do so, just buy another one as well. or before you evolve, use the dressup feature and save the sprite there. example here: if you look under the description you can see its albino Larvesta (pre sprite update version too!) so you can admire it any time
my avatar is a picture of my dog Tika, taken my me :) check out my dexing service! *
image made by me. shiny, albino, mega, and totem sticker from PFQ
click the counter to go to my profile and get your own! 17 TR types available
All the normal, shiny, albino and melanistic pokemon are listed in the wiki, so people can check their appearance before they evolve them to make sure they're okay with it. I'm not sure how this suggestion would benefit anyone, sorry.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Enbees's AvatarEnbees
Personally I could get some benefit out of it, there are definitely some pokemon I've kinda regretted evolving, (namely this guy: because it didn't occur to me how much I enjoyed that the bug type delta was almost the same exact color as shiny onix until after I evolved it and it changed colors), but it's definitely an extremely niche thing and I get the feeling that it would benefit so few people in such rare situations that that benefit probably wouldn't outweigh the effort of implementing it, unfortunately. :/ Edit: And don't get me wrong, despite wishing I could reverse that steelix, I do recognize that evolution is meant to be irreversible. Lol. I more just wanted to mention that it wouldn't be completely useless like was implied, just very niche. I honestly wouldn't care one way or the other if it were reversible. It doesn't really affect me much, I would probably use it once on my steelix then forget about it unless I manage to accidentally evolve a pokemon in the quick evo page.
Current Type Race score = 3491
Saving for Memory Stick!
672/200
All art by me.
Eggy's AvatarEggy
No support. Evolution is meant to be irreversible (and is this way in canon), so reversing it doesn't make sense. In addition, being able to do it at all can be subject to abuse and make the game easier than it should be; someone could get a fully evolved melan and de-evolve it to get melan entries for its other forms, making obtaining its line pretty trivial, or a "friend" can come along and de-evolve a Pokemon that takes a lot to evolve.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
SeshieLover's AvatarSeshieLover
No support. You aren't meant to de-evolve anything that is why its called evolving. You grow, get bigger, your body changes these things aren't meant to go back they are meant to go forwards. We have ways to stop pokemon from reaching the next stage already and they don't evolve unless you make the choice to let them so its a choice that is on you. If you want to know what a pokemon will look like before you evolve it look at the wiki, look at one someone has or just get a second one to evolve and then trade/gift to someone else. Sorry if the way i worded that comes across as rude. I am not trying to be rude was just trying to explain why i think its a bad idea to reverse something like this.
My type race3658. My trade thread can be found here
× 251 / 500 ---value at 20zc-will buy or swap
Avitar Sprite credit Zorualord14
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
No support. For reasons stated above: 1) The games do not allow de-evolution except with Mega Evolution. 2) If you would like to see the evolutions before evolving then please check the Wiki's List of Pokémon. That is what it is there for (unless you hate spoilers) and why we all work so diligently on the wiki. 3) To be honest, de-evolution isn't Pokémon based that would be Digimon and I, for one, would be a little upset if a Pokémon game was Digimon-based (I like both but they are two different entities IMO).

"Destroy your personal demons. Use their corpses as fuel to light your way." -Laurell K. Hamilton

Vall's F2U Bait Journalcredits

credits

Code @Neonyan Forum Icon @Kattling on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll @Myself TR Code @Kieri
Sedona's AvatarSedona
No support. You're warned before you evolve or mega-evolve a Pokemon that its permanent - and as others have stated, users can and should use the wiki to preview what evolved pokemon look like if they're unsure. If you're avoiding spoilers, don't evolve a pokemon until you have another one. I understand getting even one copy of something special (shinies, melans, albinos, custom sprites, etc) takes work, but that doesn't mean de-evolutions are a good way around doing that wotk. There's also the coding to think about with this - say you evolve a pokemon during an evolve tourney, then de-evolve it. If you evolve it again, do you get another point? If not, how much work is going to have to go into coding the fact that any pokemon can theoretically be evolved and de-evolved as many times as the user wants, without triggering any of the other lines of code that check for evolutions? (Tourneys, wishforge, etc) Can pokemon who have baby pokemon pre-evos be de-evolved into that baby pokemon if they were never that baby pokemon? (For example, hatching a Snorlax and then de-evolving it into a Munchlax.) In the end, Pokefarm is a Pokemon fan site - and while it plays Calvinball with a few of the standard Pokemon mechanics (and makes a lot of its own mechanics,) standard evolution is way too key a mechanic to mess with in my opinion.

Sedona | They/Them | Adult

keeper of the spreadsheets
Sprite Shop Trade shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Bonipops on Twitter Signature Pagedoll @Myself Type Race Code @Kieri

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page