PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Being able to lock Pokemon

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12345

dalia's Avatarhypermode-12.pngdalia
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png
full support! there have been so many times that i have accidentally moved specials and breeding pkmn to a mass release field while mass clicking/hunting, because i get so caught up trying to hatch as many eggs as possible that im moving so fast and not paying attention well enough. as other users mentioned, it is actually incredibly easy to mistakenly release a special pkmn on mobile as the special sprites are often hard to distinguish from the regular ones. deltas dont even have sprite visibility. to address “if you can accidentally release a pkmn, you can also unlock it and release it”, i think this issue is commonly seen with accidentally releasing a pkmn in a mass release, not manually releasing. with the lock, ideally the pkmn would not be able to be released in a mass release. i honestly cannot imagine someone manually going to unlock their pokemon and then proceed to accidentally release it. plus, there is already an “account lock” function for pkmn obtained as tourney prizes, i could envision something similar that prevents the pkmn from being traded and released, maybe the blue lock can be red to indicate this? i know i personally would benefit greatly from a function like this. pokemon go has a similar function that has saved me from transferring many a shiny or two. everyone makes mistakes - and the mistake of accidentally releasing pkmn could easily be mitigated with such a simple and common QOL feature.
dalia | 25 | they/them | journal sweet and spicy collector! Type Race Score; water.png 0
credit
dumbdog's Avatarhypermode-12.pngdumbdog
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
bump!
Kip "You cannot beat yourself up over things you did not know"
Joint Summon Shop JournalArt shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Doosio Signature Pagedoll @PanicPu
Starblaze's AvatarStarblaze
master.pngd+.png
I support this idea of locking a Pokémon so it can’t be removed from your account. It would ease the fear that some have with releasing a Pokémon in error. I’ve never accidentally released a Pokémon I love, but with the hacking that occurred and specials being released/traded from the hacked account, this could be a way to prevent that. Maybe there can be a passcode to unlock the Pokémon before it can be traded away. Just an extra layer of protection.
Credits
July Trophy: Jolleon November Trophy: Volcarona
Team poison.png: 1385 b.png 5.png g.png
37Bulbasaurs's Avatar37Bulbasaurs
grandmaster.pnge.png
There really should be a lock option to help guard against accidentally including something in a mass release, yes. It's easy to say "well, don't put special mons in a mass release field", but nobody's really doing that on purpose. It's not exactly difficult for a moment of autopilot or a misclick to put a special mon in the wrong field. Surely everyone on this site has done that at least once. And if it happens to be a field you want to mass release from, that's a recipe for sadness. I don't see any reason /not/ to have the ability to lock Pokemon from being released, maybe as an option right by the exp lock on the dropdown menu, and people clearly want it.
Lv. 100 — +1,629,589
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassPoison
Happiness MAX
Timid nature
baffledBITS's AvatarbaffledBITS
master.png
This is implemented on another site I frequent and it's incredibly helpful I've always thought it was weird that we could lock levels, but not the pkmn itself.
Soa's AvatarSoa
ultra.png
I support locking pokemon. User error would happen less because the pokemon would be locked. There is no other downsides about locking a pokemon besides user error. There are multiple pros about locking a pokemon. People would worry less about a locked pokemon because it would not be able to be mass released in a field and also wouldn't be able to be traded to other people. User error would less likely to happen if the pokemon is locked and the lock on the pokemon is noticible. Locked pokemon is less likely to be released in a field or traded accidentally to another player. Another user said use it like an extra protection.
Lil' Merp's AvatarLil' Merp
master.pnge.png
Full support :] I haven't accidentally released anyone special yet [keyword being yet], but I do have release fields. And while I keep good track of them, there's still a chance of me popping a special into one of them and never noticing. This update would nip that possibility in the bud before it happens. And I agree with what the others have said about the attitude towards suggestions. I think that the ""this isnt useful to me" is not an appropriate reason to disagree with this. Just because something will not be of use to you does not mean it is useless to everyone and should not exist" part should be in the "Suggestions Form And Requirements" or "Regarding Attitude In Suggestions" post, honestly.
Avatar made by me, for my use only. Please click this guy!
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
grandmaster.pngc.png
Words cant describe how much i Support this! I'm on Mobile atm and almost ALL sprites look exactly the same between normal and special. doesn't help my eye sight is absolutely garbage even with glasses I have to have my phone right in my face to check. While I haven't accidentally released anything (atleast not in a very long time that I could remember) it's become too common for people especially newer users. One big example of a sprite that's super similar is Noismog. The shiny and normal are litterally the SAME. It's barely noticeable at its 2nd Evo but it's final stages I can see it as I only have the Noismogs in my party. I had to use extra precautions by having my lunala Evo in-between my eggs and noismog which takes up a spot for eggs. Check the wiki to see what they look like I evolved my smol boi. While I only have 2 specific fields for release and can see the stars when mass releasing all it takes is 1 miss click and id have to rely on the kindness of the comunity to shelter hunt for it and return it. I would definitely user lock all of my collected pokemon as soon as I got it just to avoid this issue. I would use this feature with ALL my specials including ones I'm selling just to be extra cautious. Ofc I'd unlock them when someone buys them but even still.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
dumbdog's Avatarhypermode-12.pngdumbdog
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
bump
Noahverse's Avatarhypermode-12.pngNoahverse
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
Full support, full stop. On mobile, those sprites are so dang tiny, it's VERY easy to drag and drop the wrong Pokemon accidentally. I don't need glasses to see clearly and I still need to bring my phone just a couple inches from my face to better distinguish them!!! Also, to people who think it's someone's own fault if they're careless: I'm glad you're not disabled. I, like others here, have disabilities that either make me misclick more often than average, get confused easily, and generally disorganized; and these are out of my control. As others have pointed out, we already have account-locked Pokémon. Would adding an option (like we already do for the EXP lock) be such a hassle? No, it wouldn't cut out accidentally releasing an important Pokémon entirely, but it sure would lessen how often that happens. And isn't that a good thing? Call it "favoriting" a Pokémon if you don't want to "lock" it, maybe. And I don't think it would need a different/additional pop-up. I'd like it if it would be like trying to release newly-hatched Pokémon - you're simply told "X amount of Pokémon couldn't be released" after trying to mass-release them.

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

v-fairy.pngfairy.png: 8558 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page