PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Be able to edit pms

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Axolotlovers's AvatarAxolotlovers
You should be able to edit pms. What if you misspel something, or autocorrect changes a pokemon name into something else. you can do it on forums, so why not pms. I see no downside to this.
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⡤⠤⠤⠤⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢴⠋⠙⠳⣤⡀⣠⠖⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠓⠤⡀⣠⡴⠟⠛⣷⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠈⠳⢤⣀⢈⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢏⣀⣠⡴⠋⠀⠀ ⢀⣠⣤⣄⣄⣉⡏⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣇⣡⣤⡴⣦⣀ ⢹⣅⡀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡏⠁⠀⢀⣠⠏ ⠀⠈⠙⠉⢋⣉⣇⠀⠀⣾⣷⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢴⣿⡆⠀⢀⣿⡙⠋⠋⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢤⠶⠋⠉⢈⣦⡀⠈⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠉⠀⣠⣎⠈⠉⠛⢷⡀⠀ ⠀⠀⠻⣤⣤⠶⠋⠀⠈⠑⠠⠄⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⡀⠤⠐⠉⠀⠈⠻⠶⠖⠶⠃⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⠃⠤⡀⠀⡠⠤⢱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡎⠀⠉⠁⠀⠉⠉⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⢀⠤⡀⠀⡠⢄⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠢⣀⣀⣀⣈⡠⠊⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡌⡇⠀⣎⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢡⡇⣸⠜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠓⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
From the Summary of Rejected suggestions thread: Editing or deleting PMs: Unnecessary and open to abuse.
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
To add on to this people can edit pms to look like they didn’t say a certain thing for example if i pm you and tell you that you are dumb and you report me to a mod i can easily edit it to say something nice if i know you reported me
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Moving to rejected for the reasons stated in the summary of rejected suggestions.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
Soa's AvatarSoa
This is a quote from the Summary of Rejected Suggestions thread. If a suggestion is included on this thread, it does not automatically mean it will never be considered again. If you feel you have an argument that trumps the reason for rejected, particularly if you are able to show how the benefits would outweigh the drawbacks, please make a new Suggestions thread about it. I see stuff being rejected if it has been rejected before without it being considered that a person could have better ideas where it could be better than the reasons where it was rejected in the first place. People automatically say it was rejected before in a forum even if a person could have new ideas where it could work. I know this is rejected. I still want to say something about it. I only support it if a word is misspelled then the person should be able to fix it. Any other edits I don't support. It would not be unecessary and open to abuse to be able to correct a mispelled word. Also deleting old pms is not open to abuse. The only way it could be open to abuse if people can delete or edit pms if they are new or somewhat new. A person would not report on old pms they would do it on new or somewhat new pms. I can't see how it is open to abuse if the pms are old. I can only see it can be open to abuse is like I already said if the pms are new or somewhat new. Another thing could work is if the pms and forums could be saved on the server side where the mods can see the original message and also see the edited message then it would not be open to abuse. Example discord has all messages on the server regardless if a person deletes it or not. Maybe do something like that so there would not be abuse about editing or deleting pms.
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
Just send another message if the mistake needs correcting to be understood. Especially if autocorrect changed a pokemon name. There's no rule about multi posting in PMs as far as I know, so long as you're not spamming a person (3 in a row might be considered spam, but 2 for the purposes of correcting a mistake in the 1st one that causes misunderstanding I believe to be totally fine.)
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 6580
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,351,651
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,849,274
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
Lil' Merp's AvatarLil' Merp

QUOTE originally posted by Soa

I only support it if a word is misspelled then the person should be able to fix it. Any other edits I don't support. It would not be unecessary and open to abuse to be able to correct a mispelled word. Also deleting old pms is not open to abuse. The only way it could be open to abuse if people can delete or edit pms if they are new or somewhat new. A person would not report on old pms they would do it on new or somewhat new pms. I can't see how it is open to abuse if the pms are old. I can only see it can be open to abuse is like I already said if the pms are new or somewhat new. Another thing could work is if the pms and forums could be saved on the server side where the mods can see the original message and also see the edited message then it would not be open to abuse.
1: As Goatlady said, you can just send a second message with the correction. That's what I do, and it works fine. 2: Deleting PMs [as long as it's only on your end and the other person still has theirs] seems like a good thing. I personally wouldn't, as I like knowing if I've spoken to someone before, but others might like it. BUT. If there is a person being inappropriate towards someone else, who's to say that they wouldn't convince them to delete the PMs on their end, too? And maybe the PMs would be saved, but making mods sift through everything to find it seems like extra work. Maybe my reasoning is flawed. It probably is. But I just don't like the idea of erasing things like that.
Avatar made by me, for my use only. Please click this guy!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page