PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #12 - Thoughts in which to delve

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123456

Teddybear's AvatarTeddybear
master.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I say again, everything will be balanced accordingly. And I mean everything, okay? I appreciate you voicing your concerns, of course, but there's only so many times I can say "I know, I'm already thinking about it, and although I have no specific answers at this time, it WILL be handled."
Everything sounds good so far. I'm not sure how I feel about user fields being removed, but PfNew is supposed to run alongside PFQ so there's nothing to worry about. I think some people might be misunderstanding that they are supposed to be separate, different, and are not replacing each other. On a second note, have you given any more thought into dream world :D

Template Credit

Shout out to Disasterrific for helping me fix my template to meet community Rules Template made for me by me (and a bit of help from Disasterrific) for my use only. Background Images made by me for my use only unless you ask. Animated GIF created by me using (lailm123) original GIF
  • XD001
  • Trade Threads Here
  • Credit
c.png 1,360g.png 181.png 7y.png 1
Template and background image made by me for my use only
c.pngI'm always collecting XD001 c.png
kalegrape's Avatarkalegrape
grandmaster.pnge+.png
I'd really love to see the berry garden get some love in PFNew! It could be way better than it is now, where it's only really used for tournaments and contest pokemon atm. Same goes for fishing- it has lost a lot of the initial appeal since you can just get.. eggs from the shelter, and then once you've cleared your egg dex of all normal pokemon - only needing the future eggs from tourneys and MCW, once again, they become irrelevant. Which has already been implied that it's known :) Sooo, those are perhaps the 2 features im looking forward to being reworked/hashed out for something else entirely in PFNew!
Rasarasa's AvatarRasarasa
ultra.pnge.png
I'd like to hear more about the fundamental gameplay ideas you have for the game in the next dev log. Of course this is just a skeleton for it at the moment, but I'd like to hear more about the progression of the game with the hourly clicking and no field clicking. You mentioned quest based reward progression. Will it be a request board type, or a story progression like one? A more gradual unlock of more facilities with more fleshed out uses might be something good to encourage more regular checking up with the checking per hour type thing. A concept of "field" clicking could also be implemented in a more simplified manner as well if the concerns of people and field clicking is enough to reconsider that. Before I can really determine what might be best to think about, I simply think I'd need to see a bit more from what you want with the game in the future. I was also a bit worried with the name PFNew about it replacing Q, so that might be worth mentioning they'll both run to save any potential confusion from people on a hiatus that might get worried similarly. As well as saving any repition that it won't be replacing it.
Farm>Options>Userscripts>QoL Avatar of Best Girl (Dolce) from Rune Factory 4
Score: 0
badge made by lycankai cool badge
I'm a little worried about the balancing of "leveling up" Pokemon if Pokemon can only level up when they're in your party or daycare ? I've basically quit PFQ but stick around for the PFNew updates and to see what's going on, so I'm not overly attached to any current PFQ systems in place since I've basically worn all of them out and they barely appeal to me anymore. I'd love to have an "egg party" and a "pokemon party" or something along those lines. Total of 6 Eggs, 6 Pokemon. When you hatch an egg you either swap it with a party mon or send it to your field. That way you can have Pokemon in your party leveling up while still hatching the maximum amount of eggs. Or a bigger daycare that can hold more than 2 Pokemon for leveling. Some kind of leveling pokemon system that doesn't require you to decrease your hatching eggs load, at least. Assuming that egg hatching will be an important factor like it is in PFQ, that is. I'd love a generalized scope of PFNew update so people know what the game will be.. "about" if that makes sense. Like are we focusing on hatching eggs? Are we going a totally different direction and focusing on contests? What's going on in PFNew?
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by FinalAbsolution

I'm a little worried about the balancing of "leveling up" Pokemon if Pokemon can only level up when they're in your party or daycare ?
Who said there wouldn't be other ways of gaining EXP? Balancing everything.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Kristoph's AvatarKristoph
grandmaster.pnge.png
My main concern with the game is that, the way it's presented, it seems like a separate "game", so to say, to PFQ. Maybe I'm slow and I don't understand it, but what if I preffer PFNew over PFQ. Would I be able to send my PFQ pokemon to my PFNew account like what happened with PF1 when PFQ appeared? Or what's the plan gonna me?
Jayna's AvatarJayna
grandmaster.pngd+.png
I think things such as wishforge would need restructred alto too, itd make it hard to get the badges up if only the party is interacted with. Let alone working with alot of pokemon to evolve. If the simple one click thing would make it so voxed pokemon get interwctions too could help if so. But yeah I dont see how those structures would work with that. :/
A ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ʙʟᴀᴅᴇs ᴜɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ Rᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟɪɴᴋ ᴏᴜʀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅs, ʏᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪɴᴇ Lᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴅᴇ ʀᴜsʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ Aɴᴅ ᴏɴᴇ ᴅᴀʏ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡᴇ sʜᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ -Aᴍᴀʟᴇᴇ
summon_las.png43/400
summon_los.png28/400
Trebor's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTrebor
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngsss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Jayna

I think things such as wishforge would need restructred alto too, itd make it hard to get the badges up if only the party is interacted with. Let alone working with alot of pokemon to evolve. If the simple one click thing would make it so voxed pokemon get interwctions too could help if so. But yeah I dont see how those structures would work with that. :/
One of the things under consideration/discussed previously, beyond an overhaul of the Wishforge system, is a way to have multiple paths available to evolve pokemon, not Just interactions. And by that, a single poke could be levelled up/evolved by more than one method, to accomodate different styles of play. Nothing yet on if that is possible, but it is one of the ways of making things different in PFNew that was being looked at. As Niet keeps saying, if one thing seems less possible compared to the way it is in PFQ, please trust that a balancing mechanic is going to be implemented. It might not be to everyones liking, but I think PFNew is not just a place for PFQ'ers to transition to, but a place to attract New players to this world as well.
Special dragon.png delta collector Team v-bug.png
Savage Spin-Out (Bug)
: 10311 pts Current Shiny Hunt 2/533 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Trebor

As Niet keeps saying, if one thing seems less possible compared to the way it is in PFQ, please trust that a balancing mechanic is going to be implemented. It might not be to everyones liking, but I think PFNew is not just a place for PFQ'ers to transition to, but a place to attract New players to this world as well.
This. If I may speak honestly, I'm actually getting frustrated at having to repeat this so many times...
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
wikieditor.pngmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Kristoph

My main concern with the game is that, the way it's presented, it seems like a separate "game", so to say, to PFQ. Maybe I'm slow and I don't understand it, but what if I preffer PFNew over PFQ. Would I be able to send my PFQ pokemon to my PFNew account like what happened with PF1 when PFQ appeared? Or what's the plan gonna me?
As far as i know yoy will be able to transfer all your pfq mons once you have it’s dex over on pfnew doesnt have to be shiny albino melan etc in order to tranfer your shiny albino melan mon over it just needs to be the normal mon
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page