PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Scour daily bonus

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

Eggy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEggy
graphics.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png
So I've been doing some scouring to get totem forms of some Pokemon and I noticed something really odd. It seems as though the daily reward for retrieving a scouring Pokemon completely overrides whatever else it would have found, including stickers. For instance, right now I have Kommo-o, Vikavolt and Gumshoos out to scour. By default, I click on the leftmost Pokemon first when retrieving them, Kommo-o in this case. Every time I first retrieve this Pokemon, the reward is always 3 evolution items or boxes on the fifth day. As a result, both Vikavolt and Gumshoos are happily collecting their stickers in the desert after finishing both the ocean and volcano, but Kommo-o still hasn't even got all 5 from the first area it's been sent to at the time of writing. I've had the same thing when I was sending out Togedemaru, Mimikyu and alolan Raticate, in that order - Togedemaru was the last of the 3 to get its totem form and was behind some amount of stickers despite being sent out with the others at the same time, while Mimikyu and Raticate had a similar amount, so I'm convinced that it's probably not a coincidence. My proposal is that when picking up a scouring Pokemon for the first time in a day, if it would have found a sticker instead, it should get the sticker in addition to the daily scour reward. I'm honestly not entirely sure why the daily reward should completely eliminate the sticker reward; for the first 4 days it's 3 evolution items and then 3 boxes on the 5th day, but I can imagine a person needing the stickers more if they're trying to get a new dex entry for example. It doesn't seem to make sense to me? It might even be a bug for all I know, but I can't tell so I'm dropping this here just in case. Thanks for hearing me out. It's not a big suggestion but the above thing just seemed strange to me.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
QuirkyRabbit's Avatarhypermode-12.pngQuirkyRabbit
graphics.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png
I support at least some feature to protect totem mons from having their stickers obliterated by daily scour rewards. I've lost so many stickers and cells this way.
trade shop ☆ summon rerolls charms s/a/m/d and more!
art shop ☆ pixel art banners signs and more!
she/her avatar and signature art by me
Bump
SheepArntReal's AvatarSheepArntReal
ultra.pnge+.png
No support. The problem can easily be avoided by not sending out the Pokémon you want to become totem first
Avatar picture is official Pokémon Conquest art
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
grandmaster.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by SheepArntReal

No support. The problem can easily be avoided by not sending out the Pokémon you want to become totem first
that only works until Sally decide to change the order which she does at random
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 01:19 AM
Score: 77
TR code credit
ultra.pnge+.png
Yes I know that. Just send out three the first time, I should’ve been more clear that’s what I meant

I'm sorry but this doesn't make a lot of sense? Avoiding the problem by... not picking up the 'mon I want to transform first doesn't really make it go away, especially if I'm sending out 3 of such at once (meaning one of them will always lose out no matter who I pick up first). I did try it before but I felt it's a band-aid solution that doesn't really fix the underlying issue, and I don't think people should have to do something like that just so daily rewards wouldn't totally overwrite stuff like stickers and cells (in fact, I could've sworn daily rewards were once added to the usual rewards but don't anymore for some reason). I don't get this argument, sorry :(
ultra.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Eggy

I'm sorry but this doesn't make a lot of sense? Avoiding the problem by... not picking up the 'mon I want to transform first doesn't really make it go away, especially if I'm sending out 3 of such at once (meaning one of them will always lose out no matter who I pick up first). I did try it before but I felt it's a band-aid solution that doesn't really fix the underlying issue, and I don't think people should have to do something like that just so daily rewards wouldn't totally overwrite stuff like stickers and cells (in fact, I could've sworn daily rewards were once added to the usual rewards but don't anymore for some reason). I don't get this argument, sorry :(
What do you not get? If you start with a group of 3 that don’t get totem stickers/cells you don’t miss out on the chance of getting them
shadowofzeref's Avatarhypermode-12.pngshadowofzeref
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png

What do you not get? If you start with a group of 3 that don’t get totem stickers/cells you don’t miss out on the chance of getting them
So like... Are you basically saying to switch out your Scour mons before server reset, only to switch back to the ones you want out there right after that? That seems annoying and a waste of time.

While I do get it now after you elaborated, that sounds... a bit convoluted, to say the least. I'm not someone who frequently changes scour teams - and I wouldn't doubt there's other people like that - and having to change my playstyle just to avoid one instance of losing stickers/cells every day doesn't sound like a reasonable solution I'm afraid. In that regard it's easier for me to lose some cells or stickers, as sending out a new Pokemon takes several more clicks and you'd need to remember to send the original Pokemon back out again every day which I think isn't really worth it for just one sticker/cell each time. And as I mentioned already, the fact that the daily rewards completely replace the usual rewards doesn't make much sense to begin with; I can't think of a single good reason why you shouldn't get the normal stuff alongside the daily stuff. Just my two cents, really. EDIT: I just came to realize that this actually wouldn't work at all - even non-totem Pokemon aren't free from the problem as they too can find valuable stuff (like boxes and fossils) but will have it replaced with the daily reward. Meaning that if a Pokemon would've found a box but you were retrieving it for the first time in a day, 4 out of 5 days you'll get 3 evolution items instead...

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page