PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DSD #4 [Pikas Galore]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 12345

Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
wikieditor.pngmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Ice Queen

This might sound like a silly question but once registered for PFN would we still have access to PFQ?
PFQ will still be open for as long as it can be open
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Mikanü Jasü's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMikanü Jasü
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

3. People are generally smart enough to handle multiple classmates/colleagues with the same name in real life, multiple people on Twitter with the same display name (but different handles), friends on Discord with the same nick... This would not be a unique problem to PFNew.
Hope you don't mind the quote there. > <;; Anyways, I agree with this. If you think about it; the young generations have been getting used to how Discord/Twitter operates usernames. Adults of course can easily make sure if they got the right person or not. Whilst children(or anyone really at times)are prone to make assumptions on if they got the right person due to irrational emotions; as soon as they realize they got the wrong person(whether before or after they send the message), then all will be cleared up(followed by a report if it looks more like a harrassment problem/breaking any other rule that needs to be reportable). I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes as I only intend to offer in my input about it. I understand of not wanting a duplicant of yourself, but if you really think about it; there isn't a duplicant of you. The name Kai Fox is insanely common. The name just Kai alone has brought many to ask me if they knew me from another site and it turned out that they did not. I never once had someone persue to claim that they know me afterwards. I am guilty of being inactive for lengths of time, more than once even. I see quite a few usernames that have Kai in them on this site. It leaves me to wonder if any of those people wanted to be Kai Fox instead. Again, I hope I am not out of line for saying any of this. If it turns out I am, I will be more than happy to edit all this out.
blarg12212's Avatarblarg12212
grandmaster.pnge+.png
I'm pretty sure the answer will be yes (especially with some of the responses above) but figured I'd ask for confirmation. Will our Type Race Team rotation change with PFNew?
Cele's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCele
mod21073.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by blarg12212

I'm pretty sure the answer will be yes (especially with some of the responses above) but figured I'd ask for confirmation. Will our Type Race Team rotation change with PFNew?
Currently unconfirmed how TR will be implemented on PFN or if it will be there at all. TLDR on that: we'll see. ^^
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Aquali's AvatarAquali
master.pngd.png
Hello! I have a quick question. Will site skins still exist in PFNew? Because of the format change, I had a thought that site skin cant exist. Also will old QOL from pfq still work? Thanks in advanced!
Username Change! SunWaterIce -> Aquali
  • Click
  • Bored?
  • Gym Badges
  • Credits/Other
Razor Fang

Razor Fang

Evolution Item

(item.png: 0)

An incredibly pointed metal fang.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 94 — 14,456 / 26,791
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Normal
Happiness 27%
Impish nature
Gym Badges:
Sinjitzu Masters Gym!
Eeveelutions Gym!
The Dragon's Cave Gym!
The Bug House (evaluation)
The Bug House (Main)
The Power Palace Gym!
banner: Made by Kingtotodile about me page: made by Esme Pfp: by aerii
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
Of course we'll have site skins - and they'll work even better than here! The QoL script won't work without some serious updating, though, because it is programmed specifically to work with this version of PFQ. However, I plan on making many of the frustrations that the QoL script fixes be fixed by default. So we might not even need it!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
selocon's Avatarselocon
elite.pngc.png
Question, now that I'm caught up. Are the ID numbers going to be publicly visible? I ask, because of trading. On PFQ, All I need to do is start typing a name, and it will bring up suggestions for users. However, let's look at a theoretical situation. There are three users named Pikachu. I need to trade with #0002. As it is with the method of searching on PFQ, without public numbers, All I see is the name multiple times. If they all have HM, how would I tell them apart? In that same vein, are the numbers for a username going to be sequential? I.e. Selocon#0001, 0002, etc. Or are they going to be random (5834, and 7594 for example). I ask because that leads me into another vein: If they're random, meaning individual useer IDs for each user, are we going to have to memorize them, for things like trading? I.e user 5792 wants to trade with 1451, so they have to type in that ID to find the user they want
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png
Searching for a user displays all options that start with what you typed, and for that purpose the number is considered "part of the username". Numbers are displayed with usernames (almost) everywhere they appear. Numbers are randomised, however a (small) perk of Hypermode (or PFNew's equivalent) will be the ability to choose a number for yourself, assuming it isn't already assigned to someone else. Yes, you will need to identify the specific individual, but you can see the number on posts they make, you can auto-fill it by starting a trade from their profile, and/or you can see the choices you have when you manually search.
selocon's Avatarselocon
elite.pngc.png
Ok good, no need to memorize a few dozen or more numbers just to trade. TY Niet.
blarg12212's Avatarblarg12212
grandmaster.pnge+.png
Sorry if this has been answered in a previous question or on a stream I missed. Do Pokemon moved from PFQ to PFNew keep their breeding percentage or is the OT set to you when it arrives in PFNew? Ex. Will a 99% pair stay 99% in PFNew when I move them from PFQ to PFNew?

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page