PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Clearing Multi-Quote

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 123

POLL: Would this be helpful?

Total votes: 53

You must be logged in to vote.

cryptidlatias's Avatarcryptidlatias
Suggestion Title: Clearing Multi-Quote Suggestion Summary: So, the multi-quote is a semi-recently added feature, and it's pretty good! I have noticed a downside - if you click "multi-quote", the only way to get rid of the post you have quoted is to post in said thread. This is fine sometimes, in places like a discussion thread, but can be trickier if it's accidentally hit in, say, a journal. Quoting for those usually encompasses copying the selection and posting in one's own journal. As there's no posting in the quoted thread, the multi-quote just keeps getting longer with each accidental click. tl;dr: the ability to clear out a multi-quote without posting.

Possible methods for implementation

-Having a button next to the existing edit/preview/insert/expand/toggle editor buttons -Having the "Multi-Quote" button lead to a popup
Positive points: -No longer having to deal with loads of things to delete every time you want to copy a quote -Keep new posts tidy so you don't forget to delete something in a longer post -TBA Negative points: -Could look a little more cluttered on mobile? -Might be difficult for the button to detect what is part of the multi-quote and what isn't? Possible solution: don't have it do anything to the post itself, but clear the "queue" of quoted posts. -TBA Reason For Consideration: It's a QOL thing that would definitely make quoting a little easier, and as far as I know wouldn't be too difficult.
lati | they/them avatar by me
ktensei's Avatarktensei
Huge support. Having the "Multi-Quote" button lead to a popup that has the options "add to multi-quote" and "clear multi-quote" would be great.
0towards my impossible goal!
✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
Template made by Phaiara
selocon's Avatarselocon
I mean, I see benefits in this, but I also don't see the point. If it's one multi-quote click, when you were either trying to quote or upvote, it's not a big deal. If it's a quote that was intended, I don't think it changes how it's displayed in the post itself. If it was an upvote, then...it doesn't matter. How many times does this hoestly happen and isn't fixed by simply ignoring it or--on the chance you want to post to the thread without the quote--by simply highlighting it and pressing backspace.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
The issue is having all these quotes when I try and quote something from a journal. Having to sift through everything that is already multi-quoted is a hassle, and it doesn't go away unless you actually hit "post" in the journal - which isn't a common thing to do if it's not your journal.
selocon's Avatarselocon
click post and navigate away? I mean, I see the problem involved with this--I'm not saying it's a non-issue, but there *are* other ways to fix the problem if it occurs.
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I did test it by erasing the multi post and closing the tab and even just posting without using the quote. The multi-quote still remain in your post until you send it. So I think it would be a nice feature to add just so you don't need to constantly to clear up the post before posting.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
StillHere's AvatarStillHere
Full support. The amount of times I've hit multi-quote instead of upvote and then later (days or weeks) had to clear a huge block of text before being able to post is just ridiculous. The options are close enough together on mobile that it's not always super easy to hit the one you want if your fingers are big or your hands are shakey. Having a "cancel multi-quote" option or something similar would be very useful.
Avatar | Shop They/them, he/him, or xe/xem/xyr pronouns please!
up
up
up

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page