PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pen and Paper - A Writers Clan

Forum Index > Other > Other Clans >

Pages: 123··· 2627282930

AsymDoll13's AvatarAsymDoll13
grandmaster.pngc.png
I'm in a mood to write, but... also not in a mood. lol
Type Race: 136 Profile pic by xaandiir from their artshop (click their name for the shop!) Here thar be Dragons
Loksfjoer's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLoksfjoer
mod.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngc.png
I need to write, I promised a friend to write a fanfic for her and I shouldn't keep her waiting too long. My friend writes as well, but sometimes has an idea she want to read but not write. And then she turns to me. I've written for fandoms I barely knew because of this, but thanks to the fandom/wiki pages and some key scenes on youtube I generally pull it off well enough. The ideas are ususally pre- or post-canon, or canon divergent, so that does make it easier. Same, LadyElemental. I sometimes read through my old stuff and there are times I shake my head at my poor grammar or cliche writing, but it shows I have grown. And sometimes I read my old stuff thinking "I forgot I wrote this, but this is great". At least I know I'm still a fan of my writing XD I didn't really start writing until I reached adolesence, so I didn't come across stories that now embaress me, but my oldest work definitely needs to be edited or rewritten to reflect my current skills. AsymDoll13, I know that feeling. Maybe reading some of your work will help keep the mood up. I actually need to be better about putting time aside to write regardless of my mood. Waiting for the right mood or the muse to hit has resulted in 0 progression and I have to many ideas to stay stuck at 0 progres. Every nanowrimo or camp nanowrimo I promise myself to keep up the daily writing habit and every time it doesn't take a week after it ended before I lose it again.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
grandmaster.pngc.png
I've been writing since elementary school :joy: so there's plenty of old stuff that's embarrassing for me, lol. And writing for fandoms you mostly know via the wiki or just through non-canon material (all the fanon) is a mood. But fandom/wiki pages plus some scenes to get a feel for a character is a great way to go about it, as you see how the character reacts or personality which can be a lot more indepth than word-descriptions and the descriptions and stuff in the wiki can be useful for their background and everything. Also, I like your profile picture/avatar Loksfjoer!
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Thank you! So... NaNoWriMo started and I decided to give it a go again. I had planned to write an SF/horror fic which takes place in the near future in which humans colonized Mars and put up mining and research facilities. And then they learn Mars wasn't uninhabited after all... However, a friend asked for a fanfic about a show she likes which I had meant to complete before November started. That failed, so I used NaNoWriMo to finish that. And then got an idea for part 2. My SF story has been pushed back, but I hope to at least start it this month as well XD How are your writing projects going? Do you have a muse who barges in, yelling: "Stop what you're doing, look at this plan!"
grandmaster.pngc.png

QUOTE originally posted by Loksfjoer

Thank you! So... NaNoWriMo started and I decided to give it a go again. I had planned to write an SF/horror fic which takes place in the near future in which humans colonized Mars and put up mining and research facilities. And then they learn Mars wasn't uninhabited after all... However, a friend asked for a fanfic about a show she likes which I had meant to complete before November started. That failed, so I used NaNoWriMo to finish that. And then got an idea for part 2. My SF story has been pushed back, but I hope to at least start it this month as well XD How are your writing projects going? Do you have a muse who barges in, yelling: "Stop what you're doing, look at this plan!"
I'm doing a Nano Collab fanfic with some friends in a server! There's eight of us in the group, but only six actively writing at the moment. Sometimes four or five, as some people have other IRL priorities and one of the eight is just kinda hanging. We've got a time loop but it's also chaos 😂😂😂. Because we love it. We're definitely going over 50k and already have *checks the Sheet where they're keeping progress notated* 22k words. We're all going a little insane, especially me and one of the others! Some of us write a k a piece when it's our turn to go, and sometimes as "little" as 200 words. We're having a lot of fun and this massively takes the pressure off me for a long fic/story plus I don't have to write the full 50k. Any time I get lost I can just pass it to whoever's available 😂. It's really fun (oops, I'm repeating myself) because we're also not working in a set rotation, but person A writes a piece but can't go another round until three more pieces by other people have been written. It's also really neat because we're swapping POVs everywhere 😂😂😂😅😂. I'm particularly bad at it (staying in one POV) and may hop from Character A to Character B and then back to Character A. Or worse. I'd have to go back and check 😂😅😂😂😆😁😄😆😆 please excuse my excited rambling
grandmaster.pngc.png
No muses, and Nano was going well until we visited my little brother a state over. lol. Now I've been avoiding it.
AsymDoll13, did you work more on your Nano project or was it really over after you visited your brother? That's okay LadyElemental, I enjoyed reading your excited rambling. That sounds like a fun project! Did you get the 50k with it?
I managed to write my SF story, and it's good I started with the fanfic first, as the story I had in mind was not 50k material. More like 25k when I reached the end. And it would have been less if I wouldn't have had an idea for betrayal at my original ending, which basically doubled the length of the story. In the end I wrote the first part of a second fanfic as well to reach the 50k goal.
grandmaster.pngc.png

AsymDoll13, did you work more on your Nano project or was it really over after you visited your brother?
Nope! It died. Oops. Ah well. It was fun trying.
SporkoRyk's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSporkoRyk
retiredstaff.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnga.png
Hello I exist! I haven't been... writing persay, But I have been pumping out Story Planning stuff! (As Lok will know because she's a patron <3) I've been, Productive, strangely.
grandmaster.pngc.png
We did not reach 50k 😂 because for the past week everyone got super occupied irl, but we did get to a nice 39k, which is lovely! We're gonna keep working on the fic because the premise is too good, and hopefully I'll be able to pick up some of my older projects which I started and got distracted with other things or irl.... It's also really cool that you finished Nano or hit the goal! One day I'll write 50k in November again... just gotta find something long enough for my muse to crunch on, enough time, focus... and a proper fixation and outline probably 😅😂.

That's okay LadyElemental, I enjoyed reading your excited rambling. That sounds like a fun project! Did you get the 50k with it?
I managed to write my SF story, and it's good I started with the fanfic first, as the story I had in mind was not 50k material. More like 25k when I reached the end. And it would have been less if I wouldn't have had an idea for betrayal at my original ending, which basically doubled the length of the story. In the end I wrote the first part of a second fanfic as well to reach the 50k goal.

Pages: 123··· 2627282930

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page