PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New Rank

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12345

PerdiOJogo's AvatarPerdiOJogo
Suggestion Title: New Rank Suggestion Summary: New rank between Champion and Arceus (somewhere around 500 EggDex / 1100 PokéDex) Positive points: More linear reward system for Dex completion Negative points: Inflation due to another reward Reason For Consideration: Upon looking at the wiki page for ranks, and the PokéDex total numbers, it seemed to me that the gap between Champion and Arceus was way larger than the gaps between other ranks, and I don't know when this was last altered, but I imagine this is because of gen 7/8 and fakémon have been being added. I wasn't sure of this though, so I made a simple graph that shows the variation of how many new entries are needed. You can see that it's sort of linear, until the last one. I thought that maybe there wasn't that many more entries to make a new rank while still maintaining (or even raising) the amount needed to increase ranks. Which I think happens in the EggDex, since the last step requires 148 new entries, and before that, the last 3 steps required 80. This means that if we divided the last step in 2, we could not even maintain the amount needed, let alone raise it. Reducing the last 3 steps to 75 needed entries would solve this, making it 163 in the very last step, which could be divided in 75 and 88, or 80 and 83 (this last option would work better in the long run, i guess). Another option would be to make 2 steps require 60 new entries (instead of one), and 2 requiring 80. However, in the case of the PokéDex, the last step requires 418 new entries, even though the 4 steps before that only require 150 new entries. This means that dividing the last one in two should give space for maintaing or even raising the amount needed. Maybe 200 and 218 would be a balanced division.
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
So you want a new rank before or after Arceus rank, cause believe me when i say this i am really trying to figure out your suggestion. If this is something that is a higher rank then Arceus then this certainly won't get any kind of support from me. Do you know how hard and how much of a pain it is for some people to keep their rank of Arceus? I am sorry but i just simply do not think we need any type of new ranks on here.
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
I'm suggesting a rank before Arceus. The game is only going to get more Pokémon, and I guess Arceus should be the rank thar corresponds to ALL EggDex/ALL PokéDex, so the place for a new rank would be before it. I'll edit the original post to be more obvious in the suggestion summary
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
Even before the Arceus rank this would still get no support from me. And this is just my own small opinion but other players probably wouldn't be to happy. With such things as new fakempn for the tournament, new mega's, new totem stickers, any new fakemon for the MCW that might come plus what is left of the galar pokemon. A new rank would still mean that other players would possibly still find it a pain to work even more just to get to Arceus rank. So i apologize but i still won't support something like this.
If I understand you correctly then I see a problem with your calculation. There will always be new pokemon added to the dex (fakemon, variant, mega, totem, full new generation) and you can't really predict how many. If we add now a rank between Champion and Arceus, at say, 510 eggdex and 1200 pokemon, after maybe even this Galar dex, you'll again have the same problem of huge gap between rank's goals as the time passes. And minor question, what would it be called and would there be reward for reaching it? If there would be reward, I think it may throw ranks off balance. I'm heavily leaning towards no support.
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
The difficulty of getting Arceus rank does not change, the numbers are the same. If anything, I get the sense that you feel stuck in Champion for way too long, which is precisely what this suggestion is trying to change. The ranks exist (I assume) to give players the feeling of accomplishment related to that achievement, taking another step on the way to completion. By introducing a rank and a reward between Champion and Arceus, you reduce the frustation related to the feeling of being stuck for a long time. I think adding ranks is an inevitability due to the adding of new pokémon. I'm merely suggesting that it is already time for a new one. As for name, I have no idea. When it comes to the reward, anything that I could suggest is not based on any understanding of the game's economy, so it would be a worthless suggestion. I guess that inflation due to the reward is a negative point. That being said, I think a reward should exist.
D.MC's AvatarD.MC
no support. (ive been working on my post for a while but everyone kept posting before it was finished ;; ) the wording is a bit confusing so i hope i read it right but i dont see an actual need for a new rank. the only reason why there are more pokemon is because quite a few have more than 2 evos in their line, arceus rank should be the only next rank because once you get champion then you will have a lot of work to reach the best prize, increased melanistic chance. adding a new rank would kind of defeat the point of adding any new pokemon to the game, of course there is a drastic diference between eggs and pokemon so yes there will be a very noticable difference. before i first got arceus rant it only took me a around 2-3 months to get it,mainly because i was still very busy with school at the time, so if your able to work on it a lot more then your not 'stuck for a long time'. your best way to reach the goal is eggdex's first, then pokemon dex's. doing it that way will make it so much easier, it also helps if your not doing a big hunt so while you hatch eggs you can upgrade your badges and get them farther in the process to do better melan hunts. another thing is i think your graph doesnt actually help the suggestion, i dont think you thought of the fact that 1 egg can have a line of of like 10 evos after it. 3 examples are eevee has 16 evos in its line, including the megas. caharizard has 5, and ralts 6. i plan on doing a melan hunt of those pokemons entire line so ive done a bit of math with them. and besides figuring out the name and other design aspects of it, what would the new ranks reward be? increased shiny/albino chance? Wiki link to Ranks List honestly when you put in more effort twords a big reward like arceus ranks 'Improved Melanistic chance on long chains' then it makes getting it a loads worth better. putting a random rank between champion and arceus wouldnt really make it too special when you finally get it because a uneeded rank was inbetween the big prize.

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
The graph is not there to compare EggDex to PokéDex, the graph is there to compare the last section (from Champion Rank to Arceus Rank) to the rest of the hole line (the slope is significantly higher). I only put them in the same graph to save space.
D.MC's AvatarD.MC

QUOTE originally posted by DanielGSilva

The graph is not there to compare EggDex to PokéDex, the graph is there to compare the last section (from Champion Rank to Arceus Rank) to the rest of the hole line (the slope is significantly higher). I only put them in the same graph to save space.
reguardless its still not really a reason to add a new rank. my post had other points in it besides the graph being missread.
I understood that for some players the feeling of getting stuck does not happen, and that you feel that the large gap at the last step actually results in a bigger sense of reward when you finally get it. I don't know if that is the general sense, but it might be, and if it is, then my suggestion isn't good.

Pages: 12345

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page