PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Ability to pick notification cry

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 1234

Lyrina25's AvatarLyrina25
Suggestion Title: More choice in notification sounds! Suggestion Summary:I've been using dsktop notifications and in game notifications for a day or so now. Not that I don't like Absol's cry, but I'd like to pick the cry of one of my partner pokemon. You know, like he's notifying me hjimself. Long story short, I think it would be more immersive to the game to let us pick which pokemon cry alerts us of notifications. Positive points:More immersions. Your own partner pokemon comes to you and nudges you in the side, making a soft murmur. 'Oh? My berries are ready to be watered? Thanks, buddy!' Negative points: It might take a bit of effort getting all the different cries, but thismight be offset by only doing PFQ strter pokemon cries. Reason For Consideration: It's really just a neat idea, and i think it would help a lot with making the game a little more... Real for folks. Just like we put ourselves into the game, most of us have that treasured partner that we've transferred from game to game and have here on the site too. (Like my Vesuvius and Kei'ten) Thank you for your contideration!
Stop reporting my template and signature for Arceus' sake..! Sprites in siggy made by me other than the liepard which is officially nintendo's~
(just a heads up, your post is really hard to read C':) support, this is a cute idea! i'm guessing it'd be a choose-which-cry-you-want thing, rather than auto-selected based on your starter?
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Giyuu's AvatarGiyuu
Support :D Would this also allow us to upload our own sound files? (I'd really like to use the notification noise, but I get jumpscared really easily and the absol noise is so sudden and loud >^<)

NO PMS.
Maybe when PMs are organizable I'll find an actual signature :/

Frezgle's AvatarFrezgle
Support, with the caveat that I'd prefer the ability to select any sound (maybe making common sound file types allowed in the site uploader?), or have a few non-cry options given. Diferent cries are fine but a simple standard ping would be my preference.
Vaporeon26's AvatarVaporeon26
Avatar credit can be found in my journal under the art tabs
signature by Kattscribbles, with help from Wardove. Official Pokemon Art
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I don't think the reason of rejection is good enough tho? The first suggestion speak about being able to heard pokemon cry each time we hatch an egg or evolve and have been rejected because we need to made custom cry for Variant and exclusive. So it doesn't make sense with this suggestions. The second suggestion just have one phrase "Now its just a wierd noise, please make it changeable to an url." and don't really explain anything, how it could be changeable to an url? No explaination is giving with it. The reason for rejection is "If we were to add different cries then we would need to make more notification icons to fit with those cries.'" who make sense, but we can change the icon via the skin option, so why not being able to change the notification sounds too? Also with what the suggestion say, it's at least adding cry of starter pokemon, and we do have icon that can be use to replace them

some here

From Pokémon Battle Trozei Sure it only goes to the 6th gens, but we have also Pokemon shuffle who do have icon for the 7th. Gen 8th would probably be done in this art style soon too.
The downside I see it's that people may compains if we only have the first or last stage of evolution, so being able to export our own notification sounds like a good middle ground.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Frezgle's AvatarFrezgle
Yeah, as quoted: "If we were to add different cries then we would need to make more notification icons to fit with those cries." This feels really... uh, silly, I guess? And I don't think it's just because I CSS'd the Absol head away long ago. I don't know enough about server back-end stuff to know how much strain it might cause to have users uploading and using their own sounds. But a list of 4-5 pre-set options doesn't seem like it'd be that intensive, if that is a problem. My main beef is that I do wanna have a sound for when I'm tabbed out of my browser, but the Absol cry is just really piercing; even at low volume my ears don't like it (thanks, Gen 6 cry remastering ;p).
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty
I don't care if Pokefarm doesn't add more cries, but I would really appreciate the option to upload or link your own soundfiles. I really don't like the Absol cry as a notifcation noise, I would personally love to be able to change it.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle
Lyrina25's AvatarLyrina25

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

(just a heads up, your post is really hard to read C':) support, this is a cute idea! i'm guessing it'd be a choose-which-cry-you-want thing, rather than auto-selected based on your starter?
Yeah, I can barely read it myself but the mods approved it. I need to figure out another color scheme with team rocket colors. Anyway, I would imagine just being able to pick from the starters would be the, heh, start of it. A project like this would take a LOT of time, though if asked I would be more than willing to help them gather good quality soundbits to use.

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

I don't think the reason of rejection is good enough tho? The first suggestion speak about being able to heard pokemon cry each time we hatch an egg or evolve and have been rejected because we need to made custom cry for Variant and exclusive. So it doesn't make sense with this suggestions. The second suggestion just have one phrase "Now its just a wierd noise, please make it changeable to an url." and don't really explain anything, how it could be changeable to an url? No explaination is giving with it. The reason for rejection is "If we were to add different cries then we would need to make more notification icons to fit with those cries.'" who make sense, but we can change the icon via the skin option, so why not being able to change the notification sounds too? Also with what the suggestion say, it's at least adding cry of starter pokemon, and we do have icon that can be use to replace them

some here

From Pokémon Battle Trozei Sure it only goes to the 6th gens, but we have also Pokemon shuffle who do have icon for the 7th. Gen 8th would probably be done in this art style soon too.
The downside I see it's that people may compains if we only have the first or last stage of evolution, so being able to export our own notification sounds like a good middle ground.
Thank you for pointing out the differences between those suggestions and mine! They're actually the reason I worded mine this way. My dumb self just made this suggestion really early in the morning, lol. I also never really thought of the images, seeing as mine was chnged long ago with css, so thanks for that too!

QUOTE originally posted by Chøcømarø

Support :D Would this also allow us to upload our own sound files? (I'd really like to use the notification noise, but I get jumpscared really easily and the absol noise is so sudden and loud >^<)
Not a bad idea either. Some people may prefer the sound of a pokeball being thrown, or a potion being used or the sound of their pokemon being healed in a center (Like the 3ds does with my Team rocket background) Perhaps a limit of one or two sound files could be added instead, thereby reducing the load on our beloved programmers.
loveybabylulu's Avatarloveybabylulu
supported i kinda wanna pick and switch pokemons everyday
Avatar is a pokeheroes suicune plushie All are made by Matamoja. green hair suicune by puppercakes also The last person you simped over is now your enemy, who’s trying to kill you. The last person in your camera roll is your sidekick. The last object you touched is your weapon. Will you survive? Type Race Points: 0

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page