PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Herbal Consumables for Lowering Happiness

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Under Consideration >

Pages: 1234567

Shyvana's AvatarShyvana
ultra.pngd.png
Considering the number of Easter Eggs and Sweet Hearts you're getting, those prices might be fair. But, let's say they're not. There's a simple solution of this problem called the trade forum. You open a thread and haggle out fair trades. With so many in circulation, that's not an isue. As for running out quickly...you're math isn't adding up from my perspective. Let's take the list you posted of Pokemon who evolve from happiness and multiply it by eight. That would be roughtly 18 Pokemon (if I did my basic counting right, which is suspect because I'm staying up past 1 am like a complete fool). In total you'd need 144 Sweet Hearts or Easter Eggs. At face value, that may look like a lot. But with so many in circulation, they're not that hard to get. Heck, I have 8344 Sweet Hearts and 605 Easter Eggs on me, right now. You can quote me and see I'm using the BB code and not typing in the numbers for legitimacy. If you're really active during those events, you can get a lot of them. or, if you can't be active duirng that time, buy them from users in the forums or Market Place. As for the trading issue, not everyone has friends they can trust on this website. Speaking from experience, most of my friends aren't active on here anymoe. Not everyone has that luxury. Onto the point of just releasing the hunt Pokemon. You can, but why should you have to if you don't want to? People have the right to play the game the way they want to play it, plain and simple. They shouldn't have to endure a useless field for unhappiness when they don't have to for happiness. The main purpose of Sweet Hearts in the main series games is to heal in and out of battle, but yet we have them here on Pokefarm as a happiness item. The point of, in the game's they're only used for healing so they shouldn't be here, doesn't hold weight. We have already talked about the situations where decreasing happiness would be useful. Are they as numerous as for increasing happiness? No, no they are not. But that doesn't mean a potentially useful item should never come into existance just because it's not used that often? No.
I purchased this awsome melan bait avatar from Cryst in their shop with permission to use.
Just want to say, I haven't read all of the thread so I apologize if this has already been mentioned, if you set up a trade then the pokemon's happiness is lowered to 27% and I am pretty sure stays that way even if you cancel the trade. So you wouldn't have to actually send the pokemon over to someone else to lower the happiness. I do still support the idea though. As that isn't a very fast method of lowering the happiness. ^^
Have a nice day :3 Avatar picture done by my bro KrisAmiss
ImaFishstick's AvatarImaFishstick
champion.pngd.png
I support. I usually have the fields cost at 20k-30k per field,currently,so why should I buy one just to lower its happiness?And unless you have a trustable friend (hopefully not breaking the PFQ ToS of not being able to have multiple accounts),you can’t really afford it.And anyway,the thing is that trading it only puts the happiness to 27%,not 0%. If you had many many of fields,about 3k Pokémon,you wouldn’t want to buy several others.
She/her/they/them pronouns!

my shops!

My trade shop! Banner made by bulbasaurowo (PFQ) My art shop! Banner also made by Bulba!

Bulba’s Free Sprite Shop!

Check out Bulba’s free sprite shop!
Ayyy check out my cringy journal!:💐Fishtick’s Trashy Info / Not Psrsonal Diary Like Thingy💐 avatar of my pokesona Fishtick (Purealer form) for my use only
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by AuracleOfBacon

With all the items that raise happiness, it would only make sense to have items that lower it, like the Herbal Medicines in the main games.
I don't quite see a use for this? It is like, spending money you don't need to. AKA wasting. I don't personally see how it makes sense to have these items because the main games have them.

You might be wondering, why would we need it? Try using a Cookie on a MAX Happiness Pokemon. Good luck giving EXP to that Pokemon.
You know there are, several, different ways to have a pokemon gain exp. One of them that lowers happiness, is having the pokemon in your daycare with a red gigaremo on. If you don't have one, then put it in a field it does not like and toggle the visibility so people can click said pokemon. These ways both lower happiness and raise its exp over time. Another thing that lowers happiness is trading said pokemon. This resets its happiness and it is free.

There would be four of these Herbal Medicines (just like in the main games) that would lower different amounts of happiness. These are the Heal Powder, the Energy Powder, the Energy Root, and the Revival Herb. Just make sure to keep these items away from your breeding pairs.
You mentioned the main games again. It seems to me like, you are kind of trying to say like, "the main games have them so we should too." Sorry if I am reading to into it but that's my take. But yeah again, these just sound like wastes of money in my opinion.

Seeing as Pokemon no longer run away when they are unhappy, this shouldn't be much a negative Questions, comments, concerns?
Hope I wasn't rude, I just don't see a point or need for this addition to the site. No support.
Shyvana's AvatarShyvana
ultra.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

I don't quite see a use for this? It is like, spending money you don't need to. AKA wasting. I don't personally see how it makes sense to have these items because the main games have them.
There are a few situations that were outlinned in this thread as to why an item to reduce happiness would be useful. Here are two off the top of my head. There was a Fakemon released that requires unhappiness to evolve. If you gave it max happiness without checking what it needed to evolve, you'd be in a difficult situation that herbal consumables would be helpful with. Another siutation would be with Eevee and Sylveon. According to other users, happiness trumps affection when it comes to evolving (bear in mind this might be wrong if mechanics have changed, but I don't think they were). So, if you decied to chang your mind and want to evolve your Eevee into a Sylveon instead of an Espeon or Umbreon, you're out of luck at the moment. Unless you have someone to trade with, but I'll go into the issues with that argument later on in the post. Now, are there a lot of situations that make happiness lowering medicines usefull? Not from what I can recall off the top of my head. But that doesn't mean a potentially useful item should never exist just because the number of times you would need it are rare? Just take a look at the Doom Seed available in the prize shop. How many times do you really want to reset a Pokemons level to one? But we have that item avaialbe for purchase if plays wish. The core point being in that the option is available.

You know there are, several, different ways to have a pokemon gain exp. One of them that lowers happiness, is having the pokemon in your daycare with a red gigaremo on. If you don't have one, then put it in a field it does not like and toggle the visibility so people can click said pokemon. These ways both lower happiness and raise its exp over time. Another thing that lowers happiness is trading said pokemon. This resets its happiness and it is free.
The only provlem with red gigaremos is that they cost 2000 Gold Poke. And the amount of Gold Poke players get weekly was just nerfed. There may even be further nerfs to help bring value back to Gold Poke. The point being, the Red gigaremo is not an easily accessable item. As for the fields, some users have an extremely high field cost due to having a lot of fields. Some users like to hoard a specific Pokemon and others enjoy keeping Pokemon from their hunts. For whatever reason, their fields are expensive. When it coems to happiness, they don't have to fork over the credits for a one time use field. But for unhappiness, they do. Players shouldn't have to suffer an unwanted field for unhappiness when they don't have to for happiness. Yes, you could always buy a field, use it, and then sell it, but you're still suffering a loss of credits that way. Now, here's the problem when it comes to trading Pokemon. Trading Pokemon does reset it's happiness, but you have to be able to trade with someone you can trust. Not everyone has that luxury anymore from close friends quitting.

You mentioned the main games again. It seems to me like, you are kind of trying to say like, "the main games have them so we should too." Sorry if I am reading to into it but that's my take. But yeah again, these just sound like wastes of money in my opinion.
I understand that this feature cound sound like a waste of money, but if it was implimented, you wouldn't be forced to use it or buy it. Users have the right to play the game they want to play it.

Hope I wasn't rude, I just don't see a point or need for this addition to the site. No support.
You weren't rude in the slightest, and I do mean that. I hope my response was respectful and not viewed as rude in tone.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
When that fakemon was released it was perfectly fine to use fields to lower its happiness. If you, for whatever reason, gave it max happiness and then saw it needed to be unhappy to evolve, then using an item instead of your field would be a waste of money. Eevee is a wildly popular and extremely common pokemon, if you wanted a Sylveon and an Umbreon but need to choose between them you could just go to the shelter and find one rather fast. The Doom Seed is a different case than this. This suggestion is basically taking something you can do with fields and trading, and putting in into an item with a price. Doom Seeds are one of a kind. You cant do what they do with any other feature or item. The issue you said with the Red Gig, yes that's fair, its a wildly useful tool though so if you did have it, this is just another thing it can help with. About the fields. Fields may be expensive, yes, but you can use someone else's fields. It isn't hard to politely ask someone to evolve your pokemon that needs less happiness and send it back. If they keep it then you can contact a member of staff for assistance. You could trade with someone you trust, yes, or you can politely ask someone to send it back afterwards and they will. If you make it clear you want it back, and they decide to not send it back, make a report. If it were implemented I wouldn't be forced to use this thing, that's true, but the point of the suggestion forums is to get players thoughts and opinions on suggestions from other players. So I am just giving my thoughts. From my p.o.v. the feature is just... unnecessary. Why spend money on an item when you can accomplish the same goal for free several different ways, you know?
Shyvana's AvatarShyvana
ultra.pngd.png

When that fakemon was released it was perfectly fine to use fields to lower its happiness. If you, for whatever reason, gave it max happiness and then saw it needed to be unhappy to evolve, then using an item instead of your field would be a waste of money.
The field could be more of a waste than an item, depending on how the herbs are priced.

Eevee is a wildly popular and extremely common pokemon, if you wanted a Sylveon and an Umbreon but need to choose between them you could just go to the shelter and find one rather fast.
Base form yes, I see your point. But what if were talking about a Melanistic eevee? Melanistics are incredibly rare. If you get that Melan ready to evolve into an Umbreon and then change your mind, deciding that the Sylveon sprite looks better, you need a friend you trust to reset the happiness. And if that well trusted friend quit the game? You're out of luck.

The Doom Seed is a different case than this. This suggestion is basically taking something you can do with fields and trading, and putting in into an item with a price. Doom Seeds are one of a kind. You cant do what they do with any other feature or item.
The cases are not that different. Yes, the Doom Seed is one of a kind. But how often are you actually going to want to reduce a Pokemons level to one? Those situations are even rarer than needing to reset a Pokemons happiness. And as I've said before, those other options don't appyly to everyone.

The issue you said with the Red Gig, yes that's fair, its a wildly useful tool though so if you did have it, this is just another thing it can help with.
It is useful, without a doubt, but not everyone can afford it. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if more nerfs were comming to how plays can mass GP. Which is good and bad. Yes, more value needs to be brought to GP, I'm just not sure if nerfs are the best route to go.

About the fields. Fields may be expensive, yes, but you can use someone else's fields. It isn't hard to politely ask someone to evolve your pokemon that needs less happiness and send it back. If they keep it then you can contact a member of staff for assistance. You could trade with someone you trust, yes, or you can politely ask someone to send it back afterwards and they will. If you make it clear you want it back, and they decide to not send it back, make a report.
I do see your point here. But here's the problem I see. What if you traded that Pokemon to the user and they decided to release it? Even if you make a report, I'm pretty sure nothing can be done to get that Pokemon back. A penality will be issued to the offender in question of course, but that's a hallow victory compaired to the potential value of what was lost. I've had to report users before. It's not a fun time. I'd rather there be an item to circumvent the situation in the first place.

If it were implemented I wouldn't be forced to use this thing, that's true, but the point of the suggestion forums is to get players thoughts and opinions on suggestions from other players. So I am just giving my thoughts. From my p.o.v. the feature is just... unnecessary. Why spend money on an item when you can accomplish the same goal for free several different ways, you know?
I get that there are several other methods, but I can see how those other methods fail for a variety of players. As for the sharing thoughts, of course! That's why I'm quoting you. I wanted to share my thoughts with you and see what you think in return.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
Fields have more use than just lowering/raising happiness and everyone needs fields. They will not be a waste regardless of the price of this, potential, item. If you are questioning what you want to evolve a melan into then you should wait. That doesn't apply to everyone though. On top of this, you don't need a trusted friend to do these quick trades. It is not required. You can nicely ask someone. You don't need to ask a friend. If the pokemon is released then ask for help finding it. People do this all the time, its not uncommon. I actually use Doom Seeds very often, and I know others that do as well. GP nerfs have barely even impacted gp market, people still use the same rates to trade and such. If you don't like the update I would suggest commenting on it in the thread about the update, but I don't see how it impacts this feature, other than GP being needed for the Red Gig, but you don't need a Red Gig.
Shyvana's AvatarShyvana
ultra.pngd.png

Fields have more use than just lowering/raising happiness and everyone needs fields. They will not be a waste regardless of the price of this, potential, item. If you are questioning what you want to evolve a melan into then you should wait. That doesn't apply to everyone though. On top of this, you don't need a trusted friend to do these quick trades. It is not required. You can nicely ask someone. You don't need to ask a friend. If the pokemon is released then ask for help finding it. People do this all the time, its not uncommon. I actually use Doom Seeds very often, and I know others that do as well. GP nerfs have barely even impacted gp market, people still use the same rates to trade and such. If you don't like the update I would suggest commenting on it in the thread about the update, but I don't see how it impacts this feature, other than GP being needed for the Red Gig, but you don't need a Red Gig.
True, true. Everyone does need fields. But buying a field to do one task and one task alone, when those credits could have gone to a more desireable field, would still be more of a waste in my eyes. You're more trusting than I am. But, that might be the point. Perhaps I'm being a bit too pesimistic from being burned once. Even when one does ask nicely, things don't always turn out well. You mentioned that the Red Gig could do what the Herbs could do as part of the reason why you don't see Herbs as necessary. I brought up the price tag and GP nerfs as why I don't agree. As for commenting in the thread regarding the update...maybe I should. If I may ask, what are the situations that make you want to reset a Pokemons level to one? Thank you for taking the time to chat with me.
Pix3lblip's AvatarPix3lblip
ultra.pngd.png
I think this is a great idea! For example: what if you wanted to get a sylveon but the option for umbreon or espeon came up instead?
Hope you have a nice day! :3 Little Ditto made by PupperCakes

Pages: 1234567

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page