PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

more feild room??

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

i- wait what?? no i mean that- uuuh i don't know what to say here

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Is a total of 10,000 capacity not enough for you???
It genuinely isn't :( Some people are trying to make Living Dexes that also include Gender – and increasing the range from 250 to a nice round 300 fields would do WONDERS.
arbor's Avatararbor
I do understand your point, especially as fields get more expensive. However, the national dex currently has 1,025 Pokemon in it. There are about 400 PFQ exclusives, variants, and megas. So 1,425 Pokemon. About 94 canon Pokemon currently exhibit dimorphism. Let’s add another 30 for PFQ exclusives (I haven’t counted) and add another, idk, 150 for alternate forms that can be collected (Furfrou/Alcremie/etc.). That’s around 1,700 Pokemon. To have every Pokemon, gender difference, and forme change. You have enough room in your fields to have a regular, shiny, albino, and melan of every single Pokemon, and still have room for 3,200 MORE Pokemon.
arbor ☼ journal: 657 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'm just gonna throw in the "Engine limitation" argument as well. The field ID is an 8-bit byte value. PFQ uses field IDs 0-250 for your Fields (251 total fields - was supposed to be 250 total but off-by-one errors are a plague of the programming world!) Field ID 252 is a "hidden" field, used for the PokéWalker. Field ID 254 is your Trade Centre and its associated Collection Area. Field ID 255 is your Party. Therefore without a major rewrite of the engine, it simply is not possible to increase the number of Fields you can have. Conversely, while there is no engine limitation on the 40-per-field cap, it is limited by the UI size, as well as a reasonable compromise on how much data needs to be loaded to display the Field. Some of these limits may be revised after PFQ-rv2 (see News), but as things stand, this is the max we can have.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page