PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Cele's Scrolls

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff > Cele's Scrolls >

Cele's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCele
mod21073.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pnga.png
A friend in Wisconsin sent me a Japanese snack box and an Asian snack box as well as a couple extra goodies which was super sweet and I'm quite grateful, if not feeling more than a bit spoiled. I'm going to write down some thoughts here. There's a lot of stuff to go through in each, so we'll go numbered. I'll be skipping around because I'm more so making this to match the printed list I have and lists I find online for the other ones, but I'm not eating in order. The names are just going to be copied verbatim from whatever things say they are.

"Unha's Asian Assorted Snack Box" (45pc box set) (long list)

1. VICPIE Victory Pie (Strawberry)
    • I split this one in half with my niece. It was two crunchy and crumbly thin cookies with the jam thinly smeared between them and the whole thing dunked in a layer of chocolate. It was sweet but not overwhelming. Pretty good.
  2. Roasted Seasoned Laver Spicy Flavor
    • I love seaweed. That's a good spice too. It leaves a tingling on the tongue after. It's not for people who can't handle a kick. I'm glad the set has two packs of this. It's very hard to not go for the other one right now. I took note of the package of this one to order more later.
  3. Apple Juice Packet (Not From Concentrate)
    • I hate apple juice. I've given this to my niece. She took a sip, said it was good, and then closed and put it in the fridge to save the rest for school tomorrow.
  4. Oh yes! Premium Chocolate Coated Cake
    • I love how my notable thing with a lot of these sweets is that they're not too rich. I hate rich sweets, and these sit in a nice spot where they're pleasantly and subtly sweet but not overwhelming. The cake is fluffy and light, and the chocolate tasteful.
  5. Apple Cookies
    • Well, the package says Apple Cookies in English, but it's just one. It's got a filling, though, and the cookie as well as the filling are both deceently thick. It's rather tasty. I'm glad there's a second one for later.
  6. Lonx Chocolate Marshmallow Stick Cake
    • Oh, that's nice. Same trend of not being too rich, but the marshmallow between the cake layers makes the whole thing feel quite fluffy. The chocolate it's dipped in has a nice complementary flavour as well. I do quite like this.
  7. Steamed Chocolate cracker sandwich
    • The packet conveniently contained two, so my nephew and I both had one. It tasted a bit like a regular cracker, but with the chocolate filling it was a nice sweet-salty combo. It wasn't too sugary either, and he said this one was good.
  8. French Pie strawberry
    • A long flaky bar with a filled indentation along the top of strawberry jam. I split this in half with my nephew. He didn't like it. I thought it was flaky and nice. He's not a fan of a lot of jams and he's got texture sensitivities though, so it makes sense.
  9. CROWN home made type cookies
    • This is kind of peanutty in flavour. Not too sweet. I pulled this out quickly because I was late for an appointment and had just taken my handful of meds and started shaking, and this quickly got me kind of regulated again while not being too rich or unpleasant. Thank goodness for that. xD
  10. French Pie apple
    • Not very different from the strawberry one. Flaky and pleasant. I ate this one by myself since I didn't think my nephew would appreciate it after the strawberry one, and didn't think my niece would like it either.
  11. Crown Poteau Cheese Tarte
    • ...A lot better than American cheese crackers, by an absolute mile. It's not close. American ones are like awful Cheese Whiz and leave a poor taste in my mouth. This is actually decent as a cheese cracker snack.
  12. Haitai Ace Crackers New York Cheesecake
    • I don't really like cheesecake in general, but as a cracker, this is decent, it's got good flavour. There is no filling to make it a cracker sandwich or anything, it's just a packet of six crackers.
  13. Cosmos Strawberry Corns
    • They smell nicely of strawberry, and the flavour is good. It's a *little* too corn-puff tasting and I wish the strawberry were just a touch stronger to cover it a little more, but it will do. It's far better than being overbearing. It's like a sweet strawberry Cheeto rather than a cheesy affair.
  14. Samlip Yakgwa (box contains three)
    • I had to look this one up. Yakgwa is apparently a fried cookie dough that is dipped and soaked in ginger-infused honey for several hours. It's small - if you touch your thumb tip to your forefinger tip, the cookie is the size of the circular hole your fingers have made. The ginger flavour is very subtle, barely even there. The dough bends easily, with a crumble that looks like it should be sticky but somehow isn't. It's not my favourite, but it's not bad. I'm pleased that I learned something.
  15. Crown Sando Biscuit - Strawberry
    • I think I like the strawberry treats the most. They're always good. Good cookie, good filling. Smells good, tastes good. Fantastic treat. xD
  16. Haitai Sable Biscuits
    • These are thin, sure, but very tasteful and crunchy and good. I could eat a lot more of these. A lot more.
  17. Crown 5 Grain Biscuits
    • Oh. Ohhh. I could eat these all day. That's good. That's a nice savory cracker cookie thing. I really like these.
  18. Pocky Almond Crush
    • It's the chocolate Pocky you know and love but with almonds in the chocolate coating. 10/10.
  19. Haitai Slim Potato Biscuit Cracker
    • A potato chip and a cracker had a baby. It was this. I don't know what to say other than that and that it's good.

Unha's Asian Candy (60pc resealable bag) (long list)

1. Pumpkin Yeot Candy
    • This one even just smells good. It's kind of a chewy taffy type of texture on the outside, not unlike a Tootsie Roll, though the inside is harder to chew until you work it down. The flavour is different, though. The flavour is not too rich, but it leaves me wanting more. I quite like it.
  2. ILKWANG melon taste candy
    • I was craving this. I needed this. I was sitting here thinking "I need a melon candy" and figured I should look in this bag, and boy did it deliver. Two thumbs up.
  3. MARUKAWA melon artificially flavoured bubble gum
    • It's a small box about 1in long by 1in wide by 1cm tall and it contains 4 little gumballs. The flavour is nice. :)

Extras

1. White Rabbit Creamy Candy
    • oh god these are so much sugar but they are so goooood
  2. Dermal Charcoal Collagen Essence Mask x3
    • It was interesting to see the "Unha's Asian Assorted Snack Box" (45pc) set came with 3 complimentary face masks. I'll let you know what comes of this once someone uses one.

Japanese "NINJAZ TREATZ" snack box (50pc box set) (long list) *DONE*

1. Unchoco Animal poo shaped chocolate
    • My niece and nephew were a fan. They're nice creamy little chocolates. They're not poo shaped, but they're more like... if Nerds were made of chocolate. Odd little shapes.
  2. Ume mints
    • Disclaimer: Not actually minty. They're not my favourite, either. Like I abandoned them in the dining room on the table for whoever else to pick it up.
  3. Konpeitou Flower shaped sugar candy
    • I was sure the colours were going to be just colours, but nope, those are flavours. I don't know what the flavours are, but they're good.
  4. Mega cone marshmallow
    • Small, sweet, soft. A tiny ice cream waffle cone thing with a marshmallow in it as the "ice cream." Decent.
  5. Baby star ramen
    • Shaped like ramen crunched up, but tastes not unlike potato chips. Very similar, really.
  6. Dagashi Yaokin Yaitara Dried Fish Strips
    • Pretty good. I also like fishy things, though. Not for everyone.
  7. Awa cola ramune Bubble Ramune Candy
    • This is like poprocks but if they came in a flat wafer format and emulated the soda fizzing sensation instead of popping. I like this as a candy since it plays with sensations. :3
  8. Ao bee gum
    • Tasted good, turned both kids' tongues blue. They had fun with it.
  9. Pokemon chewing gum
    • From translating the contents of the wrapper, this is evidently cola flavoured. I'm sat here chewing it and that certainly checks out - I don't really drink soda, and especially not the darker sodas, but this does taste how those smell. Given my typical aversion to those, it's not my favourite flavour in the world, but it's not bad either. Does blow bubbles.
  10. Caramel creme wafer stick
    • Like a caramel-based KitKat with no chocolate involved, tbh. I like it!
  11. Cheezack Crispy & creamy cheese snack
    • If your Cheeto Puff was a hollow cyllinder that then got sat under a book, it'd be this shape. That said, the cheese flavour here is a bit different. Not bad, just not what I was expecting.
  12. Sankaku cracker triangle shaped cracker vegetable flavor
    • It's what it says on the brochure, little triangular crackers with a nice savoury veggie flavour. I'm betting this has some onion powder in or on it. It's nice, would eat more.
  13. Ichigo mugi
    • Wheat puffs with a strawberry chocolate? coating that smells very nice. Not entirely my thing, but not bad.
  14. Shimichoco corn Corn snack soaked into chocolate
    • That's a bit richer. Pretty crunchy and chocolatey. This is for people who like typical American sweets. Not my favourite.
  15. Mini bottled ramune Bottled powder ramune candy
    • It's like a little plastic Ramune bottle full of pixie stix dust, but cider flavour. Neat! I tasted it and passed it off to my niece since she likes these. She seemed happy.
  16. Mashuro
    • It's a twisted two-colour marshmallow thing. American marshamallows are really way too sweet. This is more like it.
  17. Mini monster Fruity soft candy
    • This isn't very different from your usual sour candy belts, it's just a bit subtler than the ones over here. I can't really handle the American ones, they drive me nuts. It did make me make a face. I didn't have to spit it out though. LOL
  18. Hi chew Famous fruity chewy candy
    • The green apple one was good. A little sour.
  19. Melon Pandaro melon butter flavor biscuit
    • The flavour is light and pleasant, definitely melon, very nice. My niece said it was good but not her thing. My mother said it was her first time ever having a melon flavoured cookie. It's not too rich for me. Would eat more.
  20. Pachi pachi panic cola Cola popping candies mixed with ramune fizzy tablets
    • That's just Poprocks. xD Except there's also little candy tablets that taste a lot like some of the other Ramune ones I've seen in this box. It's a mix of these and poprocks. That's fun.
  21. Home pie
    • ngl this one got yoinked by a kid and I didn't get any feedback either lmao
  22. Abekko ramune Little round shaped ramune candy
    • They're like Smarties that dissolve faster. You don't have to chew them.
  23. Bisco Cream sandwich biscuits
    • It's a strawberry cream biscuit. That smells so good. Like, really really good. The biscuit is like an animal cracker, and the cream is not overly sugary. It's tasteful. I like it. My nephew liked his, too.
  24. Number choco Number shaped chocolate
    • Mine appears to be a 9. It's like getting a little blister foil of M&Ms? But they taste better.
  25. Umaibo Corn stick Corn potage
    • Legit just a big cheese, fat, straight Cheeto Puff snack with a hole in it. Nice creamy aspect to the cheese flavour. Really good.
  26. Umaibo Corn stick Chocolate
    • You know those Cocoa Puff cereals? Pretend like that's more of a corn puff and instead of *being* chocolate, it's just dunked in it. Pretty decent. Why is their chocolate so much better than ours? XD
  27. Konjac yam jelly
    • I like these. Especially the strawberry and orange ones.
  28. Cream collon
    • No, that's not pronounced how you think it is. They're little crispy cyllinders full of a creamy filling, and they're subtly sweet and quite good. Nice lil crunch.
  29. Kakii peanuts
    • There's a little packet of puffed rice that has a spicy seasoning, and some peanuts in it. A good little snack that left my mouth tingling pleasantly.
  30. Warugaki white grape beverage powder
    • It's got a little fizzy layer to the top and tastes alright. I think this one is more aimed at kids. Not for me. Put it away so my niece and nephew can try it in the morning.
  31. Koala No March
    • Little chocolate-filled square cookie bites. Pretty good.
  32. Saqutte Chocolate flavour pie
    • That's a nice crunchy flaky pastry it's got. The chocolate is subtle and not overwhelming. It's nice to be able to taste both.
  33. Sakuranbo mochi
    • Nice little chewy mini mochi squares with a toothpick to eat them with. Pleasant, subtle flavour.
  34. Porikey Pretzel Corn flavour
    • I don't think mine was corn flavour. It looks more like the German Potato flavour one I found online. I think that sounds about right. Pretty good. It's like Pocky sticks without being dipped in anything, and just lightly seasoned instead.
  35. Nericcho DIY soft strawberry flavor
    • Upon seeing the water cause the powder to expand, both my niece and nephew fled. Neither of them wanted anything to do with it. So I ate it myself. It felt foamy, smelt like strawberry, but didn't taste like much. Interesting. I liked the cones.
  36. Caplico mini
    • I got an excuse to eat an ice cream cone with strawberry and chocolate stuff in it. That was neat.
  37. Tiroi choco Bite size chocolate
    • It's a Nestle Crunch if Nestle Crunch didn't taste horrible. Really good. This is what I want from chocolate.
  38. Sour paper candy Long sheet soft candy grape flavour
    • Yep. Name says it all. Grape belt candy that's sour. >.< My niece gets that one.
  39. Kameda no tsumamidane
    • It's like an Asian version of Chex Mix with all the different little snacks mixed together. Savoury and delicious.
  40. Sharbet pero Lollipop with cider powder
    • I liked the lollipop more than the powder, but neither were bad. My niece liked the powder more. My nephew didn't seem to have a preference either way.
  41. Classic KitKat
    • I gave this to my stepdad as probably the only thing in any of what I received that he would eat. It even took some convincing that it was only in Japanese packaging but it's the same candy he's used to otherwise.
  42. Dark Chocolate KitKat
    • I'm saving this one for my sister since she's our resident dark chocolate enjoyer. She'll get it when she's back from her trip to the mountains.
  43. Raspberry KitKat
    • Delicious in both scent and taste. ^^)/
  44. Strawberry Milk KitKat
    • I think this one is my favourite one of the lot. It's delicious. The smell is nice, the chocolate is creamy, and the strawberry flavour is on par with some of my favourite strawberry treats. It's not too sweet while still being tasteful. :]
  45. Whole Grain Flour KitKat
    • Kind of earthier than a normal one. Not in a bad way though, I quite like it.
  46. Matcha (Green tea) KitKat
    • I was left alone to try this one. I want to say it's a nuttier flavour than usual? Nutty, grassy, savoury, somewhere in there? It's decent. I liked the matcha latte one more, though.
  47. Gold Caramel and milk chocolate KitKat
    • Very enjoyable. I really like caramel.
  48. Chocolat orange KitKat
    • I hate chocolate and orange together. I don't know why I tried it. It's probably good to people who like the combination. It's not me though. >_<
  49. Matcha latte KitKat
    • Nobody would try this with me. I really liked it though. Nice n creamy.
  50. Milk tea KitKat
    • Very creamy flavour initially. I didn't catch much tea until the aftertaste just because the milky creamy flavour was very much in the forefront. All in all, though, that's a decent KitKat.
sig code and sig bg image made by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page