PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Suggestion: MCW Update

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Suggestion: MCW Update >

Leacky's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLeacky
hypermode.pngcomplete.pnga+.png
I'm on the fence. On one hand more goals do seem like a fun addition but there's something that could potentially ruin the whole event if this was implemented: a significantly increased amount of Lag™. While it's true that the most recent MCWs don't have nearly as much lag as they used to have this was not always the case. Anyone here remembers how in the first year or so of this event being a thing the server would just give up and crash every. single. time. there was an MCW?

My personal story inside

I still clearly remember the terrors of having to beg my parents to allow me to play around midday when there were barely any people online and before the server would crash. One time I failed and had to play after 18:00 Server Time and of course the server crashed about half an hour later when I was in the middle of completing my 10k interactions. I was so slow because every 2-3 Fields the game lagged for at least 10 seconds or more. Imagine my dad's surprised look on his face when he saw me reading a book instead of playing and when I told him that the server crashed just as I foretold and I couldn't play because he didn't allow me to play earlier than usual because of his stupid rules. Yeah, (not) good times...
But if you think that the Lag™ is a thing of the past, well let me remind you of a certain small little event called the 12 Days of Christmas. The event notorious for having loads of lag on the last 2-3 days with the highest goals. The 12th day's goal is around 20k interactions - so double the MCW. And even that is enough to almost kill the server when the active users counter is at its peak. I don't know about you but I'd rather have the same old and "boring" MCW than risk losing the special bonus days.
Credits: *Image of Purple Glaceon used with permission* *Avatar is an official Glaceon sprite from Pokemon Conquest*
I'm back! *My new Shop*
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page