PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PokeWalker errors while dowsing

Forum Index > Core > Bugs > PokeWalker errors while dowsing >

Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png
I appreciate the effort that's gone into this. The tricky part is figuring out whether it was the server, or the client, that forgot what the game state should be. This is partially because there's actually no difference between the first and second attempts' payloads, they both look the same. Perhaps I can adjust this by having "attempt: 1" or "attempt: 2" in the payload, so that way if the client sends "attempt: 2" when the server doesn't think there's a Dowsing game going on, it can at least detect that and prevent confusing issues. (It might still deplete the 3W cost, but at least it won't break in such weird ways!) That'll at least prevent weirdness, but the cause of the weirdness remains unknown... It might be a similar issue to the EggSweeper games "losing" a step of progress, for some reason. A desync error. I really don't know how or why these are happening, and they're basically random which makes it a nightmare to debug...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page