PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in what do you do when you're disgusted by your art?

Forum Index > Other > Miscellaneous > what do you do when you're disgusted by your art? >

EstherGamer's AvatarEstherGamer
Whenever I'm not proud of a drawing, usually I just step back for a little while (even if I had plans for other drawings the next day or something), finish up a few other things, then draw a different character instead of trying again. A little while ago I tried to draw my character Fen but it turned out horribly compared to the drawings I had made right before (I was on a good streak...), after which I stepped back, finished a character design I had been stuck on, did some other stuff, and then drew the new character and he turned out amazing. Taking breaks is always a good idea if you feel demotivated, otherwise you're just forcing yourself to do it without having any fun. I have drawings I really want to make, but because of current events in my life I just have no energy for it. So I'm just playing games, building in terraria, designing a new character or two, and while my reference images for one of my upcoming drawings are still open I won't use them until I'm back on track mentally, which should hopefully be sooner rather than later. At the same time, sometimes the only way to get out of no-motivation-land is to just go for it anyway, usually by starting simple and working back to your normal skills. Hopefully this helps, even if only a little. Editing to add: This might sound odd, but I'd also suggest keeping old drawings stored in their own folder away from newer ones, that way if you ever feel your current art is bad you can look at the old art as a reminder that it's not as bad as it used to be!
Avatar is an edited version of Sky Forme Shaymin's portrait from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, edited by me. (Sprite by me)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page