PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Angel of the Shadows

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Angel of the Shadows >

SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
8. A Shadowy Future
Angel was in a strange town. It looked a great deal like her hometown of Cerulean City, but, at the same time, it didn't. At first, she couldn't explain why it was different. But then she noticed the rundownness of buildings from her childhood, with their doors and windows shuttered closed. The streets that used to be full of joyful children and Pokémon were now empty. Now, the children huddled in dark corners, were filthy and needed food. All of them were alone, not taking solace in each other's company as if they feared even another child. Which, considering the naivete of children, was a strange sight. In fact, the only grown-ups she saw were very well-fed and dressed and loitered around the only two shiny, maintained buildings in town. Everyone "better off" wore clothing or items that openly showed their allegiance to Team Rocket. Angel breathed a sigh of relief. At least the town would now be saved. They'd help the people here. Two children walked towards one of the adults. Their hands were open, most likely to beg for food or money. Instead of giving them some, as she expected, the Agent summoned a Pokémon, which made the children run off. For a while, she just stared at the Pokémon she saw. It had an aura like a Shadow, but it was black instead of purple. And it didn't look like any Pokémon she'd ever seen before. It looked like it had been fused from several different Pokémon. The sudden appearance of a Pokémon beside her caused her to jump, fearful that she was under attack. She calmed down when she remembered this was not only a dream but her dream. Still, when she turned to face the Pokémon fully and saw it was a Giratina, she stepped back so quickly that she fell on her bottom. Giratina laughed at her, which only caused her to blush. "Happens every time. And yet, still funny." A female's voice. "Hello there, Alexandria Flamel. Known as Angel to those closest to you. I would not have appeared to you yet, but too slowly is your heart and mind heading in the right direction. You needed to understand now." "U-Understand wh-what?" "What Team Rocket is all about. You've already noticed that the Trainer there called out a strange creature. You may have even concluded that it was related to Shadow Pokémon. You are correct, but they are unlike the ones you hold within your pokéballs. These, like the Paradox and other Artificial Pokémon, were created. Unlike the others, these are inherently evil, designed with power, control, terror, and anarchy in mind." Though she didn't speak it aloud, Angel thought it was cool that science could do that. Giratina stomped a foot. "It is not!" There was a pause, and sorrow was in her voice when she next spoke. "This results from hundreds of Shadows being dissected and experimented upon. They may be an aberration but are like their normal counterparts in nearly every fashion. Team Rocket isn't the only one running tests on them. But they are the most apathetic to those they consider subservient." Angel was silent as she did not want to believe any of what was being said. "They can't be all bad if they let them go after they get what they want." The Giratina shook her head. "I assure you that if they did, it wasn't intentional. Giovanni wouldn't let potential strength like this slip through his fingers. His scientists aren't just testing to find the best genetics. They don't care about the result when testing for their weaknesses and endurance, so long as they get results." "What?" Angel's eyes widened, horrified that anyone could go that far for science. "We cannot let this future come to pass. You are not the first to see the Shadows as the Pokémon they are. But you are the first willing to fight for them. They need you." She shook her head furiously, still in doubt about everything she'd just been told. Eight years! That's how long she'd been with Team Rocket, and until yesterday, she'd never been asked to do anything that wasn't wrong from her point of view. "How—" Angel swallowed and took a deep breath. "How do I know that you are telling the truth? Or you are even real instead of a figment of my exhausted imagination?" Giratina tilted her head, and the only thing Angel could see in her mind was her father giving her one of his common 'Are you really that dense?' looks. For the second time in less than two minutes, she blushed in embarrassment. "Does it matter? If I'm real, you believe me automatically because it came from a Pokémon. If I'm just inside your head, you already believe what I say is true and are desperate to convince yourself." Angel chewed on that statement for a little while before she spoke. "What do I need to do to prevent this future?" "Get those three to your father, where they will be safe. Then continue to do as you have done. I have many people to contact, and they will help ensure the safety of any Shadow they come across. As for what you must do...You already know the answer. All you need do now is find the courage to follow through." Aye, she did understand that her next step needed to be to leave Team Rocket. But to do so would add a bullseye to her back. She would need powerful allies if she chose to go that route. It took her a while to realize Giratina had continued to speak. "Hmmn?" Angel turned her full attention to the Legendary. "Return to Vermillion City. Speak to Officer Jenny. You will need her connections and protection to stay ahead of Team Rocket." Angel shook her head so hard and quickly that she had to pause before she spoke to let the dizziness pass. "I can't! She doesn't trust me anymore. She'll throw me in a cell the first chance she gets." "Trust is unnecessary, as is becoming best friends again. You only need her help. The worst that will happen is being locked away for a week or two." Again, she shook her head, this time much gentler. "If some of the Shadows are in as much danger as you say they are, being locked up might cost them." "And what if, in the future, you had the chance to save dozens but were prevented because you were caught? No. It's best to do this now, on your terms, before the ante is too high, even at the loss of a life or two. You must do what is best for the greater good. That's the reason I chose you to be the first of the Warriors of Light. You are smart enough to know the risks, and brave enough to take them. Now, awaken. Danger approaches." From a sound sleep, Angel jerked into a sitting position. Though sweat poured down her face, she shivered. Her breaths were quick and shallow. The reality of the dream faded, but the sensations remained. Never before had she experienced a dream like that. Angel frowned when she realized where she was. Hadn't she gone to the Pokémon Center to sleep for the night? How in the world did she end up here? A crunch drew her attention, and she directed her gaze to the path into the city, where she could see a couple headed her way. She seemed to be in a hole beneath a tree but could see through the roots. Few people would have their eyes that low, so she'd chosen a good hiding spot for whatever reason she didn't remember. Well. It was still possible for people to notice her, but in her experience, most tended to overlook or deny the obvious. Unfortunately for her, the newcomers had a Pokémon walking with them, and it was at the perfect height to see her. It cried out in actual speech, and Angel couldn't move. Was she still in a dream? The pair was still about thirty feet away when they knelt. One was a male with short purple hair and green eyes. His companion was a woman with waist-length red hair and blue eyes. No way! Could it possibly be the most notorious trio in all the Regions? A glance down at their shirts confirmed her suspicions. "Ohmygosh!" Angel exclaimed as she crawled out from her hidey hole. "Can it really be Jessie, James, and Meowth?" They blinked in surprise and then huddled together as they muttered amongst themselves. After a minute, they stood, and James spoke. "Oh, goody! Did you hear that, Jessie? We're famous!" "I heard it, but now she knows we're with Team Rocket!" Jessie wrapped an arm around James' neck, drew him in, and gave him a noogie with her other hand. Angel laughed as she got to her feet, which made them turn to look at her. "Relax, Jessie. It's not like there's another group like you. And if there was, well. I'd hope you three could prove you're the better team." "Of course, we could! Nobody's better than us!" James shouted with utter confidence. "But, uh. Who are you?" She approached them. "I'm Alexandria Flamel. Perhaps you've heard of me?" The three went into another huddle, but this time glanced her way every so often. They all shook their heads when they turned their full attention back to her. "Strange. I would assume you'd heard of me. Mally and Iggy had." "Now, them, we've heard of. You spoke their names with a bit of hatred. Do you have an issue with them as well?" "I met them not too long ago. They tricked me and stole my Melanistic Sableye, Ebony. He's one of my closest friends, and I was so surprised by their deception that I let them get away. Now, I'm scared I'll never get him back." A third huddle. Then, Jessie: "Where did you last see them?" "About a mile from Vermilion City." "We'll help you, but only because it gives us a chance to put them in their place. We have a reputation to protect as the best of Team Rocket. Oh, and you can travel with us if you'd like." Angel opened her mouth to turn them down but realized she could just as easily transfer the three Shadows she carried to her father in Vermilion City. Plus, traveling with three of her heroes would be a fun experience. "I'd love that."
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page