PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading. >

Mirzam's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMirzam
helpinghand.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnga.png

QUOTE originally posted by Methos

I think there might be a misunderstanding with the suggestion that players maintain a single post linked in the first post. It would absolutely be unreasonable to expect the leader to keep track of every single loan and update accordingly. The suggestion is that the leader add the link to the player's giveaway/loan post in the first post, and then the individual players maintain their own posts to say things are available/unavailable. Similar to the leader adding new teammates to the clicklist. Otherwise that would be a nightmare for the TR leader.
I could get behind this as a compromise. As it is now feels pretty chaotic, where leaders list what pairs someone has but are unlikely to update when things get lent out. And by opting in to being listed, you're implying that you're ok with PMs, so that whole mess is neatly dodged. I may regret asking this: Would it still be impermissible to mention what Pokemon you're seeking in your intro post that gets linked? As in "Hi, I'm hunting Charmander, and I have Cyndaquil pairs for lending, and I'd really like to do Torchic next but still need a female for my pair" I don't want to keep harping on this, but it's kind of annoying imo that *lending* half a pair is ok, but it's suddenly immoral or something if they're able to keep using it after the race, but only if they explicitly asked in-thread. I want people to say what they're looking for so I can keep my eye out for matching Pokemon - I don't want to dedicate 3 fields to TR freebies just because someone on my team might need one, when I can just breed or shelter hunt something that someone will really appreciate. And I don't want to lend those - I have no use for them if they're returned to me (since they're my OT), and it's just more hassle to follow up on the reverse trade. I think I get what you're trying to prohibit: people using the TR team generosity to stock up for hunts they might not do until months later, or are planning on re-selling. But tbh I don't really care if people do that, and if the ask is fairly reasonable and contained to the single intro post it's not really clogging things up imo. If someone has like a list of 50 Pokemon they want it's kind of obvious what's going on, and in the gray zone, if they're asking just a little too much, the natural consequence is just that their request is more likely to be ignored?
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page