PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading.

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > PSA: Type Race threads are NOT for trading. >

EveRiddle's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEveRiddle
hypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by WondrlandInSpace

i havent seen anyone say this so im gonna add this; it seems like it may be taking up more time to deal with reports about something that IMO as long as its done in moderation, isnt a huge problem, when the time could be used for things like bettering the site as a whole or dealing with reports of other kinds. my friend has randomly been hit with it before, so ive known about this rule for a while, but i really havent ever understood the point of it to this day. it just seems like a rule thats taking time and effort away from other points of the site to focus on.. a friendly group of people trading out specials to each other during a type race. it seems like it may even be used for vindictive purposes as people can not report unless they dont get the pokemon they want, and then report the person who got it to get them in trouble.
I just wanted to say that though sometimes it could be a case of someone having sour grapes over not getting a special they wanted but saw someone get it freely off of another. It may not always be the case, as technically if disallowed trade is being conducted in the TR Tread, it is also the responcibility of the leader to report the rule breaking, and they can be in trouble if they don't report things so it's handled properly. That being said I can't say I understand the rule, much beyond maybe putting something in place to prevant a player from begging for a special hatched. Seems weird but because some are soft hearted or aren't good with turning down a person they feel pressured to give in even if they may have had other plans for the special hatched.
Now onto this point:

Large quote here for easment

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

I kind of understand where you're coming from, but it kind of feels against the spirit and the culture of this site and the type race to restrict that kind of trade. Helping your team members with pairs is not fully altruistic in the context of the type race: a person with a good pair for a Pokemon they really want to hunt is more likely to earn more points, and thus contribute more to the team goal. The trade forum is massively inefficient in comparison. I like helping my team members build pairs, again because it's nice and because it also benefits me, but I'm really not willing to scroll pages and pages in the trade forum looking for my teammates who are trying to get pairs ahead of the race. I think the shiny giveaways and special hatching announcements are way more spammy and less helpful than this kind of trading. My point here isn't that those should be banned, it's just that different people have different goals and opinions on the type race thread, and what's spam to one is cool or helpful to another. Trying to restrict it so strictly just feels kind of disheartening, I'm too worried about what's "allowed" vs having fun in a team activity.
Honestly I have to agree with this, as well as the previous post about what is considered "related." Type race threads often feel... almost unnecessarily limiting when it comes to rules. It can feel a lot like while type race is meant to be a fun, cooperative event, you're limited to posting about specials you've hatched... and that's about it. It would be nice if it felt more genuinely cooperative and social. Wrt a previous post as well, people are extremely sweet and generous when it comes to type race, and it seems unfair to consider asking for help to be begging and not allowed, in my opinion. (At least when it comes to pair making.) Obviously we wouldn't want TR threads to be entirely trades, but it does make it harder to help your teammates to heavily restrict things like this. I think it would at least be helpful if perhaps there were type race categories in the trade forums or something similar to that, so that people could help their teammates without breaking the rules of the thread or getting lost in the general trade forums.
Honestly I agree with that, we should have a subsection either in the Trade forum or within the TR forum in general for Specfically trades. It can be even be that once the TR leader is confirmed they get to go and Make one thread, to allow for that teams trades of 'I have excess this or that' specfically for TR, as it wouldn't be a place where you can unload specials from other types for example advertising non element connected specials won't be allowed. Though ultimately I agree with it cause it would cut back on some of the clutter poasts, maybe make more room for serious strategy talk. I do find the showboating of special hatches could be cut back a tad bit, I mean hatching your first time ever special is celebration (or the one you specfically want) and a pride moment but showing off your 3rd 4th or etc hatched in a row is a bit mutch ^^'. And though I'm happy for the person usually I end up annoyed cause I check the update/new post in hopes someone got rus or something like that. Oh and the spammy posts of 'hatched this melan but it's wrong nature' complaints are also annoying and spammy.
Now onto the potential 'begging' for spares

Another large amount of quotes for easment

QUOTE originally posted by AstralTrickster

I don't participate in type race threads much anymore for personal reasons but are we saying that team members asking for help with breeding pairs or the likes is "begging"? That's really gross, imo, if that's the attitude we're going with. If someone's spamming a thread, I get it. But I view it rather unfair to consider one hand comments or asks for help as "begging".

QUOTE originally posted by Narinder

I also want to confirm that the shiny / albino hatch announcements are a million times more annoying for me, too. I typically mute the type race threads because that's essentially all I see on them. I'm more than happy to keep notifs on if it's someone offering pairs, or asking to buy summon items, or announcing Pokérus, or even asking for free Pokémon (lord knows I have way too many!!), so long as it IS related to the typerace. I'd wager this means I also broke the rules a few times...? Though it has never been anything but a sidenote attached to a larger message. I HAVE had various warnings sent to me for little things before, all of which I respect and stepped back and altered how I operate on here for. This has never been one of them and hasn't been something I've seen talked about- and I am paranoid about rereading rules. I also am a bit puzzled by why requesting a specific Pokémon is considered begging. That seems like a rather large jump to me, though granted I am not the one sifting through a ton of forum posts a day and it's much less irritating for me to see in passing than others who have to read it constantly. But I see this on people's profiles and trainer cards constantly, so I don't really understand...? What makes it different here, why is it begging and not asking, what makes it unrelated to the type race thread or outside of the spirit of helping... and so on. It is a rule I can follow, but it really doesn't sit right with me. Apologies if this comes off as rude- I'm just, really confused.

QUOTE originally posted by SeshieLover

QUOTE originally posted by InsaneMandii

Just a side question, I've seen multiple people offer albino radars for new players before, and as far as I know it's for keeps. Is that also not allowed under the rules? I'm just looking for clarification here.
I have given a few away to new players who don't have one as they only cost a few ip and to me I am not losing anything of value. Giving these to new players means that any new player as long as they charge to lvl 1 everyday has a chance as an albino at the very least. Without an albino radar a new player can't take advantage of the type race albino booster and then as much less intensive to participate in the race. Not a lot of new users even know what z crystals and fragments are so they aren't even bothering with those yet either. As for pair making help I feel this should be limited but still allowed. As again new users don't always have pairs. I have seen many post in my tr teams asking for extra of a team poke with nature /gender/in general to make a pair and if I have them or can find one in the shelter I just send it on over. I have never thought of this as teammates begging just asking for help for something that is team related and helps the team as a whole.

QUOTE originally posted by Canis

I have to agree with a lot of what other users stated in this thread. When I think of a team, I think of sharing resources, boosting morale, and helping each other out. The fact that asking for help with something related to the challenge (asking for Pokémon for breeding pairs for Type Race, etc.) is considered begging is a bit strange to me. As well as the fact that most of what we can post about without breaking the rules are the specials we've hatched; it seems very restrictive and isolating. I understand why those rules are in place and that it's meant to keep everything organized, and I don't mean for any of this to come off as rude. I just wanted to share my thoughts.
I'm in agreement with all of them to be honest. Posting for help is something that is encouraged due to it being a Team event, it's not a 'go it alone' event. Why should asking for spares be considered begging? I would think it's different if the person was not willing to make up their own pair, there for constently asking to 'buy' a pair off them, as I find that form of Begging distasteful. However if the person is willing to do pair checks which is a tedious process for some, then they should be safe to ask for hatched spares that lets face it most team mates would just be releasing anyways, so they could make pairs. To discourage being able to ask for/offer spares would lead to a lot of decline in helping one another as indicated in Mirzam's post here, would lead to discouraging posting in the tr thread at all as it would be nothing but showboating specials, which is fine but in moderation.

last amount of quotes

QUOTE originally posted by SeshieLover

QUOTE originally posted by ETV331

Good evening! Assuming that rule four of the type race forum rules is not changing, would it be possible to add clarifying information to the rule? When I first saw this announcement, I was confused as to how I misunderstood the rule, as I have studied each one thoroughly in preparation to attempt TR leadership. The title itself says "unrelated trades", which in my mind went "trades unrelated to the type race". So for example, asking for a currency exchange, because this has absolutely nothing to do with the type race. Of course when you read the actual rule there is more detail. It does say "do not conduct trades except for xyz." Then it hit me as to why I misunderstood this rule. Until this moment I had considered a trade, a lend, and a gift to be 3 completely different things, and in this announcement you have clarified that a trade (exchanging one good for another), a lend (temporarily gifting an item with intention of receiving the item at a later time), and a gift (sending an item with no intention of receiving any return) are all considered "trades" in the context of this rule. I had previously understood that the rule meant to prevent using the thread to "make money" for yourself, prevent very obvious spam, and keep the thread cleaner. But now I get that the rule is meant to separate any type of transaction from the type race forum with exception for a few very specific transactions. Back to my original request, something like a small amendment that says something along the lines of "except for the exact trades listed above, absolutely no trades, lending, or gifts of any kind are allowed in Type Race Forums. For example, trades such as giving away lucky eggs or swapping live charms for dead ones, even if there is no fee charged, are not allowed in these threads." would have made the exact rules much clearer to me. Thank you for reading this block of text.
This was said very well. I have basically thought along these same lines. A trade, gift and lending have always been 3 separate things to me. A trade something for profit or equivalent value. A lend something that is given free to use but must be given back. A gift something given out of kindness and generosity with no expectations of getting anything in return. I have always thought of my supplier passes as being like the shelter passes as another way for my team mates to get more eggs to hatch for points for the team as a whole. I have apparently been breaking this rule for a few months now. I have also asked for help with making a pair for something I am hunting for the tr as most who offer pairs for lending or free don't have double sassy natured ones. Pair making is imo part of the teamwork for the tr. I have to say that I look forward to the pre race postings way more than during the tr. Before the start we are all doing pair prep and helping each other with getting ready for the race. During the race 80% or so of the posts are posting a new special hatched and as much as I love seeing the team get new specials I am sure that my team would be annoyed with me if I was making 2-3 posts on every page saying I got another one form my hunt. I have gotten I wanna say almost 40 s/a so far this race and still going I don't post them all as I would consider myself to be spamming the thread if I posted them all. @wytchylynx I agree posting specials should definitely still be a thing for sure. I love seeing newer users hatch there very first special ever or getting a Melan those are all fun to see and share in. As I said above though for a user like me with so many specials hatched I am losing count and it's nothing special to me it makes me feel as though I would be spamming the thread if I posted all of them.
Yes all the yes, SeshieLover says it quite well here. Though would like to add in, that seeing other people posting specials is fine in moderation, too much is spammy as well as discouraging for some that are maybe having a rough time getting anything. And with high level of specials being spammy has lead to people turning the notif off, and has lead to missing when people have rus and such. TLDR: To summarize the increadibly long post of mine. I think clarications on the rules would be ideal, I find myself always checking if I can but sometimes I forget now and then. Though do also think being able to post asking for spares to make their own pairs should just be the same as the Leader perfering to see when a pair is unavaiable to be able to edit the main post; I've seen leaders indicate wanting people to ask for the borrowed pair in the thread for easment, though I'm someone whom encouraged the pming aspect more.
  • Shop
  • Other sites
  • Forum Info
Drew the avatar myself, for my use. She is a kitty girl I drew in paint for fun of it. Avatar in my about me currently is also drawn by me, she's a harpy but not colored in. Current Type Race score: 417
I have a shop now ^^. Need to work out some sort of banner/button.
Flight Raising, same username don't mind being poked there but not active on that site as much anymore.
I still get anxious on forums, but trying to work on that. Notr: This pfq tabs I'm using can be found in this guide
I will make this thing pretty at some point
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page