PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #12 - Thoughts in which to delve

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #12 - Thoughts in which to delve >

Klaora's AvatarKlaora
ultra.png
I have a few thoughts and a few reservations as well. The idea of a new game does sound really interesting, but it sounds like there are plans to keep the current game running. In truth, I don't really know how viable something like that would be. Both games sound like it would be similar in premise and I worry that it would lead to a split in the player base. Not only that, but that also brings in the logistics of running two games simultaneously. This would require devs to either splitting attention between two projects or to hire more staff. The recent "hiring" of artists were for unpaid volunteer positions only, so I really don't know how the work/resources would be split. I used to be an admin for a petsite once upon a time and in hindsight I realized that working on new projects often meant putting older ones to the side or shelling out more money for other people to maintain it. As for some suggestions as to how a new game may function, may I suggest that interacting with fields behaving similarly to interacting with the party. Perhaps less exp would be gained by the Pokemon as well awarding fewer interaction points -with a futher "debuff" on interaction points when interacting with fully evolved/level 100/etc. Pokemon. Lastly, while I understand that it's frustrating to hear people say "hmm, idk how the balancing issue will work" over and over, the response from the dev team has been a bit....lacking professionalism. Feedback was asked for and feedback is being given. Also, it may be easier to add an edit to the first post to emphasizing that care is being given to balancing issues rather than expecting people to go through several forum pages to find the message. Anywho, those are some of my thoughts and concerns. Best of luck with the project!
Avatar Ⓒ Klaora 2014. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page