PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Rune Meisters

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Rune Meisters >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira

Part 3

“What did you do?!” Shannon shouted while feeling his hands fumble at her right wrist. “What’s wrong with me?!” The man released her restraint and then reached across her body for the other one while answering, “Yer dyin’!” “I’m what?!” After completely loosing her from the restraints, the old man roughly lifted her into his arms and loudly barged out of the room. Where was he taking her? He was the head doctor around here. He even sounded like he understood what was going on. But if he couldn’t help her, who could? Kicking open the clinic’s main entrance, the old man surged out into the warm sunlight. Even though the rays beat down on her face, the light somehow seemed darker than it should have despite the partial red haze. Shannon wiped her eye as her body shook from the old man racing down the worn, granite steps to the cobblestone courtyard. “Outta my way!” he belted out. She pulled her hand away and blinked rapidly to clear her vision as much as possible. When she tried focusing again, she noticed the wide, red smear across the back of her fawn-skinned hand. “I’m really dying…?” she whispered right before the buzzing intensified so much that her head trembled. She worriedly stared at the old man. The last time she’d seen his jaw clenched so tight was when… Shannon’s eyes widened. She swallowed hard. She really was dying. Her heartbeat kicked up another notch. Where had he been running to? She looked aside, realizing they neared the grand temple. Why? Krysta wasn’t a healer. “Open the chamber!” he shouted, still not breaking stride. “This girl’s bein’ drained!” Drained? What did he mean? The guards at the entrance immediately pushed open the large, rust-colored stone doors to let them pass. They clearly understood something she hadn’t learned yet. Why couldn’t she remember what it could have been? It felt like a cloud was spreading throughout her mind. Her eyes started to feel heavy as well. “What is the meaning of this?!” a new voice echoed. Shannon couldn’t even will her sluggish head to turn in its direction. “She needs binding!” the old man shouted. “Now!” Even his voice echoed. Another echoing tone chimed in, but it was too far away to make out clearly. Maybe she could hear them better after a nap. Yeah… When it wasn’t so dark, she could…
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page