PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shadvex's Story [PG-13]

Forum Index > Other > Other FF > Completed Other FF > Shadvex's Story [PG-13] >

44CINDER44's Avatar44CINDER44
junior.png
Chapter 1: Getting Tired of Life (And haycarts... And donuts.)
1 donut filled year later “LEAP OF FAITH!” I shouted, as Ezio was jumping off a building into a haycart. It had only took me about 30 minutes after my activation to become obsessed with Assassin’s Creed. I remembered that day like yesterday, which was weird, seeing as I could also remember that I had beaten this game for the twentieth time yesterday. But truth be told, I was getting bored. Sure, doing the Leap of Faith every so often was fun, but I was pretty sure that by this point, I could beat the game in an hour blindfolded. Then again, the blindfold would probably get torn to shreds by the spikes on my helmet, just like everything else that came into contact with the back of my head. Of course, taking off my helmet isn’t something I like to do. It’s kind of the opposite, really. All helmet issues aside, though, the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was getting tired of a lot of things in my life. Even donuts were losing their awesomeness. Truth be told, I pretty much knew I had to do something else with my life. Problem was, though, I didn’t exactly know what to do with it. It was only a matter of time before I turned the corner to Insanity Street. Boredom does things to a person. Really weird things. Things that may even be weirder than jumping off buildings into haycarts and having a diet that consists of nothing but donuts. “I’m going for a walk,” I announced as I scooped up my communicator and headed for the elevator. “Alright, try not to get lost. The woods get really scary at night.” said Silver. “I once got lost and a rabid wolf tried to murder me. Good thing I’m good at climbing trees.” I paused in front of the elevator. “...What?” I said. “You don’t need to worry about that, Reploids don’t get rabies... I think,” said Silver. “At least, I hope not.” “You... You’re joking, right?” I asked, turning my head towards Silver. “Maybe. Maybe not.” He gave a lopsided grin. “That’s pretty much up to you to decide.” I shuddered and pushed the button that made the elevator door open. Don’t worry, I thought, He’s just kidding. Reploids can’t contract rabies. The moment I stepped outside the elevator, a paper being blown around in the wind tried to kill me. “Gah!” I yelped as the paper hit my face. I folded it and shoved it my pocket. “Dang it, is everything out to kill me now?” I muttered. I decided I’d have a look at it later, but for now I had to go drown myself in a pile of leaves. “Wait, it’s not even Autumn,” I thought aloud. “It’s late Spring. Wow, I really don’t seem to have a very good sense of the passing of time.” I continued on my walk, reflecting on some of the things that that occurred over the past year. Some of those memories weren’t all that great, like the time I had tried to play a Legend of Zelda game and failing miserably. Some of them were immensely enjoyable to revisit, such as the one of beating Assassin’s Creed 2 for the first time. Then there were the memories that I wished I could throw into a trash bin like a used pillow and forget about, like the time I had gotten goosed through the eye with a screwdriver. I tried to force that back into the corner it came from, but with no success. A shudder ran down my metal spine as memory of the incident resurfaced. Silver had once been carrying a giant pile of stuff to another room once, and then he tripped on an NES controller and fell, ending with me getting stabbed in the eye with a screwdriver. “Well, it could have ended a whole lot worse,” I said. I noticed the sun was setting. “Dang, does time really go that fast, or is my perception of time screwed up to the point of no return?” I muttered. “...Probably both.” I headed back to the lab. “I’m back,” I announced as I walked into the lab. “And don’t worry, I didn’t get murdered or chased by a wolf with rabies, or anything you didn’t want me to do.” “That’s good,” said Silver. “Oh, wait, you have a paper cut on your nose.” “...I can get paper cuts?” I asked. “Why is that a thing that happens?” “No idea,” he replied. “Don’t worry, though, I can do something about that.” I noticed that he was holding a screwdriver. “That thing is a dangerous weapon and I don’t trust it in your hands,” I randomly blurted out. “Or anyone’s hands, for that matter.” Silver gave a slight chuckle. “Still hating on screwdrivers?” he asked. “Yes. Yes, I am,” I replied with a shudder. “Y’know, it’s kind of getting a bit late.” “Huh? It’s barely 7 o’clock.” replied Silver. “Wait, what?” I said. “Alright, what’s screwed up here, my perception of time, or the flow of time itself...?” I sat down in front of the TV to play Assassin’s Creed 2. “What did I need to do in this game again? Oh yeah, the that thing. Whatever that means.” After a while, I finally glanced down at my watch. “...Holy flipping crud, how did I not realize I’ve been doing this for 4 hours?” I said. “I really should get to bed.” I randomly started wondering how many pillows I’ve murdered over the one year or so I’ve been alive. “...Probably a lot.” I saved the game, shut the system off, and wandered off to my room. As I walked in, I glanced at the pillow I was currently using. “...This thing looks almost dead,” I muttered. “Perhaps I should spare its life and actually take off my helmet tonight.” I thought about it for a moment. I glanced back at the pillow and sighed. “You win this round, pillow. But someday, SOMEDAY, I will kill you.” I took off my helmet and set it on the nightstand, then flopped over on my bed.
Once did a pony who shone like the sun Look out on her kingdom and sigh She smiled and said, "Surely there is no pony so lovely and so well beloved as I." Nohari Window Johari Window
Care to take a look at my sprite shop?
Once did a pony who gleamed like the moon Look out on her kingdom and sigh Dejected, she cried, "Surely there is no pony who loves me or finds any love in my night!" Credits
Lyrics from the song Lullaby for a Princess Avatar made on Pixlr Banner by ZeroFlame64
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page