PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shifting Fates

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Shifting Fates >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira
champion.png

Part 4

“I do not!” she snapped, her voice clearing up considerably but her head throbbing more. “Shut up! You’re making my head hurt!” “Stop shouting and you might be okay.” He smiled briefly, allowing her a moment to wonder why he’d gone through the trouble of sitting with her. “So who should I call to pick you up?” Kaname silently stared at him. It had been a while since she’d met someone so nice, but it wasn’t worth the risk. She frowned. “I can call my own family. You just want my number so you can try to call me later.” She watched his expression shift to confusion and then disbelief in just a couple seconds. “Don’t flatter yourself!” He quickly disappeared from her sight, and she could hear rustling sounds before a very audible zipper being yanked along its tracks. “Tell you what I do want though. I wanna get the heck out of here. Can’t stand hospitals anyway, and I like you better when you’re snoring.” Her mouth unwillingly fell open. “What did you say?” The urge to jump out of bed and clobber the back of his head was overwhelmingly strong, but the headache severely tamed her actions. She could only loll her head aside, bringing him back into view. “If I ever see you again…” “Please,” he interrupted, “you ain’t gonna do a thing but wind up back in here.” “UGH!” she groaned. “You make me sick!” He squinted his eyes and stuck his tongue out before lifting a scarlet and black backpack to his shoulder. “See ya!” As he left the room, she started to get the last word when her heart beat twice in one instance. Her eyes widened. She gripped her chest. “No,” she whispered. “Please not yet…” Darkness slowly clouded her vision as wisps of unconsciousness slithered into her mind. Although she resisted with all her strength, her mind slowly began to shut down in preparation for yet another horrible nightmare. Kaname blinked. She rubbed her eyes, clearing the last bits of haziness from view. She glanced around, realizing she now stood on a bright beach filled with energetic people. The area didn’t look familiar, and it was hard to believe that she would willingly come to a place so populated. However, when she glanced down at her body, it was covered with a dark blue bathing suit that had a flame design circling her abdomen. She’d never seen the hideous thing before, and why would she willingly wear it. “Forget this,” she mumbled. “What time is it?” She checked her wrist, but the watch she always wore was missing. “No… Can’t tell when...” Frantically looking around for a watch, Kaname quickly realized people who came to the beach didn’t usually make a habit of bringing electronic devices near the water. “Which means the closest clock might be in someone’s car.” As soon as she whipped around to spot the parking lot, a small brunette-haired child wearing a pink, frilly swimsuit ran across her path, kicking up sand while dashing towards the water. The little girl was too busy giggling to even apologize for nearly stepping on Kaname’s foot. Despite that, the momentary distraction allowed Kaname to notice a lifeguard tower a few yards behind her. Maybe it had a clock. She ran for it, avoiding a couple Frisbee-throwers and castle-builders along the way. When she reached the tower’s ramp, she immediately demanded, “Quick, give me the time!”
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page