PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Mini Counter Bonus

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Sir Quackie's AvatarSir Quackie
Suggestion Title:Mini Counter Bonuses Suggestion Summary: On days when there are no Bonus is active there should be a small boost is applied to a randomly selected bonus for every player and could only be achieved by completing certain moderately hard tasks. The mini Bonus cycle should not be same for each and every player. It should have a typerace like rotation that should be unique to each player. While theoretically it is not possible since we have a total of 288k players and possible combinations are only 8! (40k) but I think it would be pretty rare to see people with same pattern. Or it can be random for every person but once again it would lead to a lot of dissatisfaction about the 'RNG' factor. It can be same (randomly) same for everyone or (patterned) same but I feel the first mentioned would be much better to implement than the others. The boosts should have a relatively hard challenge to activate and can be added in form of new 'daily' task such as- Niet-Complete 5k Interactions Gartic-Gain 35k IPS Suriya-Complete 9 Missions Ravyne-Hatch 50 Eggs Novan-Spend 500k Credits Shazi-Adopt 50% Worth of your Shelter Pass points Eltafez-Spend 500 GP Sei-Unfortunately I can not come up with a good task for Sei since the rate of shinies are highly dependent on boosts like hypermode and Stuff. The only probable solution I can come up with it would be like hatch a shiny, like a single shiny and no more since it would be very disadvantageous for Non HM users(It already is) Note-This is a suggestion for what kind of tasks should be implemented to activate this boosts, it can be another way. It may be argued that getting 5k clicks with QOL is very easy, like 15 mins of work while we have to wait 3 hours to activate Shazi Boost, but you have to 'click', for Shazi you just have to log on once for every hours, so I have tried to balance it in my way, suggestions are very much open. So all about the pattern and goals and stuff, what would be amount of boosts? Niet-(1x,1.2x] Gartic-{+1,+2} Suriya-(0%,15%] Ravyne-(1x,1.25x) Novan-(0%,5%] Shazi-(1x,1.25x] Eltafez-(0%,5%]
The '(' and ')' brackets mean that the number will not be included i.e. in the Niet boost, you wont be getting 1x boost but you can get 1.25x boost so the box bracket mean that you can get that boost of particular number For Garthic it would mean that you can only get +1 and +2 nothing else
Sei(0⊕,5⊕) Once again I want to clarify that for sei, I can not suggest/tell whether the following boost is small enough or it would make a large impact because its effects are applied quite uniquely.

Suggestions Over Suggestion

a) Allow users to activate mini Bonus on days with Bonus activated(P2Wish) Firstly, this is a very 'personal' suggestion. Considering that GP value has unfortunately dropped I would like that when we buy hypermode you might have an option of either selecting 500 GP or 'One Day Mini Boost Voucher' where redeeming it you can activate your mini boost. For example let us consider I have a cycle of Sh, Ni, Su, Ga, Se, Elt, No, Rav. ON a particular day where Normal Bonus Counter of Niet is active and in this cycle I would be getting Ravyne bonus on the next 'no Bonus Counter Day' I can use this voucher to get this bonus on this day, BUT to balance this you can't activate the mini Boost for next three 'no Bonus Counter Day' so there is a certain tradeoff using this. Will ad more suggestion if there are suggested by other users.
Positive points: 1)It will give motivation for casual players to engage more on tasks and give them a sense of 'reward' in form of these bonuses, 2)It will give hardcore i.e. players who spend a lot of time on site a motivation to continue longer. (Use dcp packs, passes, sles etc. on certain days) 3)Newbie will receive an advatgae and incentive to continue there dex progress. Negative points: 1 Negative point which I can foresee is that a)broken(ish) gameplay since these boosts would have visible impact in many of the tourneys and TR and so I had suggested the patterned method of receiving these boosts so that everyone gets a relatively fairer chance. b)There is a lot of math as well as other complication so I believe, this will be a little bit hard to implement. Reason For Consideration:

Personal Reason

I come from a relatively different time zone and for me Bonuses used to be one of the highest level of motivation to play. So in perspective I usually sleep from(server time) 17:30 hrs and wake up around 2:00 which are usually considered 'active' time of playing so I hope you get my personal reason on this suggestion.
Recently we have seen quite a hefty addition in goals(target) regarding the bonus counters. While no doubt they are very essential for the gameplay to be balanced and other reasons, I feel that it has impacted my playtime very negatively as well as with a few friends I have discussed. So I have tried to come up with a small suggestion so that there is a bit of balance between too many Bonuses and absolutely no Bonuses(which we have seen quite often in the past month).
Team Fire 2024 | Art by LilypadLife
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
PFP made bymøffkat
idiot's Avataridiot
This idea is actually... um... extremely... argumentable and yeah, it would be great if we could have some daily quests to have a little boost. I just felt like if we were to make these mini-tasks, they should be even harder, because it's just so... overpowered? for the people who are so active and rich that they reach the goal every day. Or perhaps there could be different boosts other than the bonus counters? Like Daily Quests, but with rewards that are... not items or currency but more of a single day boost. c:
Score: 1176

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page