PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Adding Eviolite Item

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

POLL: Do you support?

Total votes: 20

You must be logged in to vote.

— Poll closes: 29/Jun/2024 23:59:00 (in 1 month)

astrobat's Avatarastrobat
Suggestion Title: Adding the Eviolite Item to Pokefarm Suggestion Summary: Similar to how holding gems give pokemon the ability to use moves of the gem's type in battle, I think it would be neat if Pokefarm added the Eviolite item that raises an unevolved pokemon's Def and SpDef stats by 50% in spar battles. I imagine a good way to implement this item would be to include it as a Scour Mission & Pokewalker Dowsing reward with similar rarity to evolution stones. EDIT: See feedback from other users, they had better ideas for how to distribute the Eviolite to players :) Positive points: Adding the eviolite will give users that like keeping their favorite pokemon unevolved the ability to give their pokemon an item that will boost their survivability in spar battles. Since spar battles are largely for fun, don't require any major resources, and don't impact the larger economy of the site I think this would be a fun little minor change that would bring in a very common and widely used item from the mainline pokemon games without any significant side effects. Negative points: Because Pokefarm is so drastically different from the mainline pokemon games made by Nintendo, I understand why the devs here wouldn't want to add an item that would bring the spar battle system closer to the mainline pokemon games' battle system. Reason For Consideration: I see a lot of users who have chosen to keep starter pokemon or special shiny/albino/melan pokemon that they've hatched unevolved, and/or holding the everstone! I personally love small/cute/unevolved pokemon and have kept my starter unevolved for this reason. I would love for myself and all the other users I've seen to be able to use their unevolved pokemon in spar battles and have a slightly better matchup against the legendary/mega evolved/otherwise high BST pokemon that are super common on PFQ. I think it would be a fun minor addition :)

astrobat | they/he/she | trans rights

#1 sobble enthusiast ; send me spars!
shiny sobbles UFT pokeblock shop!credits

credits

Code @Neonyan Icon @Wolfang Pagedoll @Lilieth
Type Race! 1745
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
I feel like most people's concern would be where could this be found? As much as I am in favor of new battle items, I feel like this would annoy a lot of users if they found them in scours as they would be hoping for something else. The thing with gems is that they are also useful for the wishforge, which boosts exp gained and ties back into everything else in this site. If Eviolite were to be added, I feel like it's effects would be better tied into a different item than the item's only purpose having an in-battle effect.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
RosyBird's AvatarRosyBird
I think adding Eviolite would be nice, if I were to spar I'd likely just use joltiks for fun, so that would be a good item to have, haha. It could also motivate people to spar more often in general!

QUOTE originally posted by ACottontail

I feel like most people's concern would be where could this be found? As much as I am in favor of new battle items, I feel like this would annoy a lot of users if they found them in scours as they would be hoping for something else. The thing with gems is that they are also useful for the wishforge, which boosts exp gained and ties back into everything else in this site. If Eviolite were to be added, I feel like it's effects would be better tied into a different item than the item's only purpose having an in-battle effect.
I don't think it being a potential disappointing scour item should disuade adding it, after all I don't much enjoy finding berries in scours but they're there anyway. Same goes for if it could be found in boxes. But maybe it could be given as a reward for completing/winning a certain number of spars? This is coming from the perspective of someone who doesn't spar at all, so I'm not very invested in a battle item, however I don't see why that can't be its only purpose. It definitely could gain another effect but I don't see it as necessary. After all someone could use it purely for aesthetic as a held item, or can just be sold from your inventory if you don't care for it, like certain Treasures.

QUOTE originally posted by ACottontail

This is a really good point and I totally agree. I think the ways to solve the frustration problem are to just not put it in scours and have it be buy-able via a different method instead, which now that you’ve pointed this out seems like an 100% better option. I like the idea that RosyBird had of it being a reward for completing a certain number of spars! Since the people that would want to get it would be people already participating in spars anyways.
Support! I love sparring (especially using Joltiks) and do agree with it being obtailable through sparring rewards like training bags are! Or something similar :]
  • About
  • Links
  • Credits
Mango/Llionare | 17 | He/They/Joltik | Artist who thinks of train men 24/7

Field clicks appreciated! | Current hunt: Sneaslets!
Journal |Pms/trades:✔|Trade shop
Music recommendation:Rising Kingdom by Captainsparklez/TryHardNinja
Name: Kudari <3 Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Pfp by King-Psycholyze (Free to use.)
Bug clan button made by Iona.
Electric clan button made by MochaFox.
Toothsmack's AvatarToothsmack
+3 support from me! Back in my first year on PokefarmQ, I already wonder why there is no Eviolite or power items, usable in spars. This could be a real game changer for the sparring system! Perhaps such a change will prompt more users to start sparring... Or start their own gyms(few actually do, sadly)
lil bump because I'd really love for this to be seen and added!
here i am, bump again, i'll keep bumping this thread occasionally and hoping it gets seen. if you have any feedback, please share!
AlastorStar's AvatarAlastorStar
I support. It would motivate the general community to spar more often. Maybe you could get it by a one in 10 chance by winning a spar?
Alastor - He/They - Asexual
Score: 1125
Badge Code by LycanKai
Image is a shiny scatterbug drawn by me.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page