PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Pokedex search

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Doodlepede's AvatarDoodlepede
ultra.pnge.png
Pure convenience. Just have a little search bar at the top of the pokedex page and at the top of a region page that allows you to instantly find the pokemon you search for. I don't care if it would just scroll you down to it and highlight it when you hit enter or something else, but it would be a major qol improvement in my opinion
shadowofzeref's Avatarhypermode-12.pngshadowofzeref
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png
That just seems like the same as using Ctrl + F or "Find in Page", so no support
Eggy's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEggy
graphics.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by shadowofzeref

That just seems like the same as using Ctrl + F or "Find in Page", so no support
While this is true, it would also require the user to open up all of the region folders - assuming the user plans to search through all of them - and there's 11 of them, each one having more than a handful of entries, so I can't imagine this being terribly efficient unless you open only one or two folders at a time. That being said, I'm fairly on the fence. On the one hand, the feature sounds like it could be QoL indeed. On the other hand, it's... kind of unneeded? The existence of Ctrl + F is a good point, though all the same you'd have to resort to opening multiple folders if for instance you can't remember which region has the Pokemon you're trying to search for.
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
LordVoldemort's AvatarLordVoldemort
grandmaster.pnge+.png
I support, mostly due to the differences between mobile and desktop controls. In mobile, there is no way that I know if that has the same effect as the short cut described earlier in desktop, making it very inconvenient when looking for a Pokémon. For many people, the only way of accessing Pokefarm is through mobile, therefore making features less accessible to them. Adding a search bar to the Pokédex would enable mobile users and desktop users to have an easier way of searching for Pokémon. I can see this idea being similar to how someone would search in a field. A point I would like to bring up to counter this though, that some people might make, is that is it unnecessary due to the ability to search in fields. I feel like a very obvious counter point to this is that people may need to search for a Pokémon that they no longer have in their fields, or have not found yet. So overall, I agree, unless there is a way for mobile users to search a Pokédex that I don’t know about. Note: sorry for any errors in grammar or spelling

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page