PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Trades need more item slots

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Pages: 12

Honestly, um....I don't see how game balance would be affected by if you do a trade with 5 origin sashes 40 times vs, say, 20 origin sashes 10 times. It would just make it more convenient and make trading less of a chore. The game is meant to be cooperative with trading largely emphasized, right? I just don't get the resistance on this besides it being hard to code, which was just said earlier to not be a problem. Sorry if this sounds negative or anything, but I've noticed kind of a trend of suggestion threads being shot down really quickly.
- 0 Icon by Dachsbuns!
Shirarisun's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShirarisun
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png
honestly, the question i have is why does there need to be a caveat to mass item trades, like needing to pay for them? i see this as more of a qol thing and not necessarily a feature update, it just makes it easier for the person sending the items to send them over. other games in a similar vein (as an example in another game i play, flight rising) have stackable items when trading, and that's free. as an example of how frustrating it is with the current system, during a raffle i held around last month, i had to send 10 of each gummi to someone. that is 180 items in total, or 36 trades. if i were able to stack the gummis so i could send 10 of 5 different types across the 5 slots in one trade instead of 5 of one type spread out across 2 trades, i would get that done in around 4 trades. i had to coordinate with the winner to make sure they were 100% able to pick up the trades as i sent them so i wouldn't have a bunch of trade slots unavailable for potentially hours while i still had plenty of prizes to send out. would the balance issue then be reducing the value of trade expansions? i don't think so, seeing as you can still only send 1 pokémon at a time, so those would still be valuable to those trading multiple pokémon and not necessarily items. (though i personally think the current price of expansions is too high, but that's a different discussion.) which does bring me to ask: why can't there be two different trading options: an option to trade pokémon, which is identical to the current method, limited item slots and all, and an option to just send items, which allows you to stack the items you want to send out so you can do it in less trades, and you wouldn't need to have a random pokémon on hand to send out either. now granted, i am not a coder, so idk just how spaghetti the code is, but seeing as it's possible already to stack multiple of the same items on the market, i thought it would be plausible to be able to stack items in trades too. i am asking this out of genuine curiosity, and i do not intend to be mean or belittling at all! i'm just wondering why, if stacking were to be implemented, it would need to have a price when it's really just qol more than anything in my opinion. (btw niet, in response to your last post: aren't you working on a new rewrite right now? would this be possible in rv2? again, genuine question!)
shira//any pronouns//-4 server time hunt journal
summon_ogr.png Collecting Teal Masks for future Ogerpon hunt! (1 so far)
summon_dce.png Collecting Diamond Tiaras for future Diancie hunt! (3 so far)

pfp source | sprites from kirby super star
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

honestly, the question i have is why does there need to be a caveat to mass item trades, like needing to pay for them? i see this as more of a qol thing and not necessarily a feature update, it just makes it easier for the person sending the items to send them over. other games in a similar vein (as an example in another game i play, flight rising) have stackable items when trading, and that's free.
If the game does not include many little ways of "draining" value from the economy, then inflation runs away without any manner of controlling it. This is because every single person playing this game is printing money all the time. That is why there are little costs and balances dotted around.

QUOTE originally posted by Shirarisun

(btw niet, in response to your last post: aren't you working an a new rewrite right now? would this be possible in rv2? again, genuine question!)
Yes. rv2 will have a better trading system. You will be able to trade multiple Pokémon or even no Pokémon, and items more easily.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Shirarisun's Avatarhypermode-12.pngShirarisun
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

If the game does not include many little ways of "draining" value from the economy, then inflation runs away without any manner of controlling it. This is because every single person playing this game is printing money all the time. That is why there are little costs and balances dotted around.
the thing is idk how this would contribute to inflation bc people already mass trade items, though it is currently quite frustrating. i don't think allowing you to stack multiple copies of items would change anything except make it easier and less time consuming for people to actually send the items out. like captainnessbot said, there's not much difference in sending 5 origin sashes in 20 trades compared to like, 100 sashes in a single trade (if you could, as an example, stack 99 of the same item in a single slot just like you can in the market.) you're still sending 100 sashes, the second one is just much more efficient and user-friendly. and as i brought up before, trade expansions still have a use as you would still, understandably, only be able to trade 1 pokémon in a single trade, so even with stacking items i think expansions would still be worth it for those trading specifically pokémon (such as in trade shops or raffles, and especially in situations where it takes a while for people to pick up the trade and so you have an unusable slot until it gets picked up.)

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page