PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Move the Pokemon selection button on mobile

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

POLL: Do you want this?

•   0%
  •   0%
  •   0%

Total votes: 0

This poll is now closed.

AHHH RUN's AvatarAHHH RUN
Suggestion Title: Move the Pokemon selection button on mobile Suggestion Summary: Mobile browser developers decided it's a good idea to cover the bottom of the screen with its UI while still telling the site that there's totally room to put stuff there. It slightly breaks the PFQ field selection screen, which is annoying although not game-breaking enough to call a bug. The easiest solution for PFQ is to move the Pokemon selection to the top of its mini-summary instead of at the bottom. It's easier with an example maybe. Let's say I'm on mobile and I want to select a pokemon from a field (for daycare, scours, dojo, trades, whatever it is) and the field selection modal covers my screen. It's centered on my screen. That's fine. But then, I tap on a Pokémon. Suddenly, the next button I need to press is "below" the screen because the pop-up grew lower than expected. Screenshot: Safari then decides that actually, there's nothing to see here. No problem, I'll just scroll down... right? But here comes Safari's bounce-back feature, because I'm trying to scroll "past" the bottom of the modal overlay, which is still busy trying to be exactly the size of my screen. So it bounces right back to where the button is hidden behind my UI. What ends up happening is I have to scroll past, let the page bounce back up, then wait a few seconds for the overlay to resize. Then Safari realizes there's more space down there and allows me to click the button. This happens every... single... time I want to do anything with a Pokemon. Open the pop-up, select the Pokemon, scroll down, wait, scroll down again, wait for the buttons to be done sliding around, click the button. If you didn't wait long enough, you have to try scrolling again. It's not entirely fun for 90-Pokemon trades. Please move the button somewhere easier to click. :( Positive points: Removes an obstacle to gameplay for Safari users & any other mobile browsers with similar features. Negative points: Could be a weird change to adjust to for users who do not have this problem. Reason For Consideration: 1. Please? and 2. It improves the mobile experience.
🎉
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The first thing I notice: that is a tiny screen... :D I've made an adjustment that should help, by pre-allocating some space for it. I have no idea if it'll work properly for you or not, but please give it a try and let me know.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
AHHH RUN's AvatarAHHH RUN

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The first thing I notice: that is a tiny screen... :D I've made an adjustment that should help, by pre-allocating some space for it. I have no idea if it'll work properly for you or not, but please give it a try and let me know.
It really is :') Just tested out the adjustment and it works like a charm!! Thanks Niet!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'll go ahead and mark this Completed, and wait to see if anyone reports any bugs related to it :D

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page