PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Make it more clear when you lose Arceus Rank/How to reclaim it

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Suggestion Title: Make it more clear when you lose Arceus Rank/How to reclaim it Suggestion Summary: Basically, it feels bad to have a long chain of a few thousand and lose Arceus Rank (thus losing long chain bonus) and not know it. I know it's 99% but I don't know if there is a rounding threshold or not. Positive points: - Users would know when the long chain bonus is no longer factoring into their hunts - Users would know exactly how many entries they need to do to hit Arceus again after hitting it once and then losing it - Clarity is good, yes? Negative points: - Might require a minor rework on the rank page at the bottom of the party, or additional UI elsewhere Reason For Consideration: I'm on a chain of 3,580 Popplio currently. Of course chains get longer, but that's still a decent commitment! The recent surge of entries caused me to lose Arceus rank for a second time, which is fine and expected, however...I don't know if I've lost it based on eggdex, pokedex, or both. I have no idea where to focus my efforts to get it back. I did the math last time I lost Arceus rank and it seemed like there was a rounding factor at...some point...but I'm not sure how close to 99% the rounding is. Certainly not 98.5% (which would be overly generous and not what I'm asking for!) So, what I'd like is something either on the rank page or maybe even a notification to your account that you've lost Arceus Rank. At present, this is my rank section: As you can see, there's no indication I've lost Arceus. If I go to my profile I see I'm Grandmaster, but I so rarely look at my actual profile that I only noticed after a particularly rough patch of eggs when I wanted to look at how long my chain was. Additionally, there's no marker of how many more I need to get back. I would like it to either show grandmaster and instead of claiming the rewards for Arceus rank, it just says "Reclaim Rank" or something similar, or it just automatically moves back to Arceus once you have it. But then you'd have a number out of the total needed to hit it. The math looks like this, so I know I'm close...but how close? Thank you for reading this whole thing, and for any considerations that are made. I am so thankful for the work on the site lately and the extra leeway on Arceus rank to begin with. Hopefully this makes sense, but if not, I'm happy to try to rephrase until it does :)
Us weirdos have to stick together! Team Techtonic Rage for May:
Score: 1025
Icon credit to Kattling on DeviantArt
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
The math can be a little easier than you're making it. You need to be greater than or equal to 99% complete to be Arceus rank. So to find the thresholds you can do .99*1689 and .99*714, making the thresholds 1672.1 and 706.9. Since you need to be above these thresholds, you need 1673 and 707 entries. That being said, Niet mentioned in this thread that he is aware of the issue and working on making it better. It's kind of a tough issue to solve, though - it's easy to suggest "make it more clear" but the real question is - how do you make it more clear, without it being too confusing?
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.
Ah gosh, I somehow did not think of the percent times the total >.< It would still be nice to have a more clear, in the UI, way of checking but I am glad to see Niet is already aware. I did suggest a couple ideas, being the rank progress bar at the bottom or a notification. Perhaps the notification takes you to a page that displays the total(s) for each rank? It could autmatically update just as the threshold does, but would otherwise be a static page that says for X rank, you need Y amount of eggdex and Z amount of Pokedex. Similar, actually, the the table Niet offered when the change first went live, but without someone having to manually update it every time something new came out! Then, you could get a little notification with wording similar to the shiny chain page of, "The Pokedex has expanded and you've lost <rankname> rank as a result. See the threshhold to reclaim it <here!>" or something. idk, I'm just spitballing tbh

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page