PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Guaranteed" Perfect Berry blends

Forum Index > Core > Bugs >

Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
Also could be introduced as method to skip berry blend minigame. Also also, not a bug; more of an exploit although didn't know where else to post. The problem: with userscripts, it is very easy to cheese the berry blend minigame and always guarantee the best chances at higher quality pokeblocks. I can share the userscript I wrote for this, but I don't want to post something here that can be taken and used by others. I will say I wrote it simply in about 10 minutes and consists of sending a custom contest/blend/submit AJAX request to the server with perfect minigame results (I can share if requested, but probably not necessary). I understand the reasoning why the client sends their results to the server instead of the server handling it: the minigame would be very laggy, like Eggsweeper was, I assume. Maybe each spin click could asynchronously send a request to the server, then when the minigame finishes it sends a final "done" request to the server, which the server then tallies and handles the results (also determining whether the requests were human-like or not)? Edit: Messing around a bit more: I get an error popup (Blender is not ready) when trying to send these requests quickly after each other, however the cooldown is not very long (~10 seconds?) and does not address the perfect results bit of the issue.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
When a minigame is "forced" to trust the browser to work, it is balanced around the fact that it can be exploited, and made so that doing so doesn't give too much of a material advantage over doing it the intended way. Yes you get better Plus odds by doing this. No it doesn't really matter enough to make a difference.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
I do understand that it's a minimal difference, and honestly, I expected that to be a possible response from you. However, I'm confused on the first part of your response; your phrasing makes it sound like you expect people to cheat on this minigame? Isn't that a reason for a developer to find counters to this, even if it's seemingly inconsequential?
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I expect there to be cheaters in any game. People cheat at Cookie Clicker and Wordle and so on. Where possible I ensure that you cannot do so on PFQ, and where it is not possible to ensure that, I instead make sure it is relatively inconsequential.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page