PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 131415

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

QUOTE originally posted by abingy

Has the minimum sei value not been 10 since almost the beginning? The announcement for the new sei formula says the minimum was changed from 5 to 10 on the same day it was announced. And I just looked at the raw data page and sei has never gone below 10 (the minimum was actually 11)
I... am not sure, to be honest! I always thought it was 5 minimum. Did I just forget and "buff" it to the same value? Whoops if so! EDIT: see the infodump where I listed Sei Power as ranging from 5-25. I guess I was wrong after all!
Yes sir I located the changelog and you even provided useful data for it Edit: oh while I was locating the info you edited the post. Well the info is here anyways lol Sei's Bonus Counter has had its effect changed. Before: 10-20% improved Shiny Chance After: ⊕10-25 Sei Power improves Shiny Chances (Update@16:56 min value is now 10, not 5) Sei Power is a more complex formula than just a flat-rate improvement, and the effect is such that people with lower chances get a much higher boost. Example: Sei Power 10 (the lowest value) - Full odds: ~1,331% boost - Non-HM chain: ~285% boost - HM chain: ~123% boost - HM chain +1 charm: ~58% boost - HM chain +2 charms: ~12% boost Example: Sei Power 25 (the highest value) - Full odds: ~1,710% boost - Non-HM chain: ~388% boost - HM chain: ~182% boost - HM chain +1 charm: ~100% boost - HM chain +2 charms: ~42% boost This means that Sei Day is much more powerful now! Of course it'll always be worthwhile to use as many boosts as you can, but this should really help with the activity on those days. I told you there were more updates to follow, and there still are more to come ;) — 23/Sep/2019 10:17
Avatar of a Bannette/Tyranitar Fusion was made by BumbleJuice Avatar of a Tyranitar/Grimmsnarl Fusion was made by AmazedFurz Avatar of the Goodra Fusion was made by SailorSCTk Avatar of Flurbet was made by Cynda
abingy's Avatarabingy

I... am not sure, to be honest! I always thought it was 5 minimum. Did I just forget and "buff" it to the same value? Whoops if so! EDIT: see the infodump where I listed Sei Power as ranging from 5-25. I guess I was wrong after all!
Yeah I think you did lol. Here's a link to the changelog. It was on sept 23, 2019 although insane just posted the text so you can read it here. I was looking through the replies and it looks like the reason was because with the shiny odds at the time, max shiny odds would only result in a 5% shiny boost at SP 5 which was lower than the minimum 10% boost when it was just a straight percentage It was Garthic that posted the response saying it changing:

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

I've sat here for a few minutes trying to figure out how to explain that and, truth be told, I'm having trouble figuring out how to explain it. Uh. Sorry about that. On... The other hand, I have just figured out a way to make it so there's no confusion on the matter - and simply bump the minimum up to "⊕10 Sei Power". It doesn't change all that much from a functional perspective but it should help people to see the buff for what it is. Lower numbers don't necessarily mean lower chances ^^ It's all about how you calculate things :D
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
So basically, I had a Shazi moment. My bad!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Hucklberri's AvatarHucklberri
Would Pokerus also need/be possible to give an adjustment to?
First exclusive melan~ Wolf avatar is drawn by me.
Score: 2190
Badge Code by LycanKai
RunePure76's AvatarRunePure76
In favour of the balance changes. My thought is there might be room for floating targets? Like they automatically change based on a set forumla target.
Mystreon's AvatarMystreon
Omg please make sei counter a melan booster, lord have mercy i want this hunt to be over i just want one melan iv been here since 2014 and before that on old pokefarm since the beggining.
Io Itami's AvatarIo Itami

I am also considering the idea of adjusting Sei's bonus to also affect Albino Pokémon. This will indirectly double-buff Melanistic Pokémon. However, if I am to do this, the bonus counter would likely also need to count Albino hatches to make sense - in that case the target would jump up accordingly, but the reward should be worth it!
Please make this happen! It would be so good if Albinos are finally counted for themself. So many times i miscounted my Albinos cause i like to have a number on them.
Fairy Gem

Fairy Gem

Gem

(: 0)

A gem with a fairy essence.

Sells for 10

Lv. 100 — +29,245,975
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFairy
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature
Everstone

Everstone

Special Evolution Item

A peculiar stone that prevents a Pokémon from evolving when held.

Sells for 250

Lv. 100 — +7,200,519
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
IceBug
Happiness 27%
Relaxed nature
Ice Gem

Ice Gem

Gem

A gem with an essence of ice.

Sells for 10

Lv. 100 — +24,536,588
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
IceBug
Happiness MAX
Serious nature
Lv. 100 — +2,146,426
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
PsychicFlying
Happiness 27%
Modest nature

Pages: 123··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page