PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Delta-Gem Chance When Hatching Eggs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

Gallevoir's Avatarhypermode-12.pngGallevoir
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
Suggestion Title: Delta-Gem Chance When Hatching Eggs Suggestion Summary: Since Niet recently updated the gem-code to account for fractional gems on Ravyne days - a certain percent chance for the number of gems to round up rather than down - I'm wondering if a similar principle couldn't be applied to gems that match the delta type of a hatched egg. For example, say I delta an Oshawott egg and it hatches as a Rock type. In addition to one Water-type gem (or more on Ravyne days), there's a slim possibility that a Rock-type gem would appear as well. Not a high chance; perhaps at the same rate as Flawless gems? Or half the rate, since they wouldn't be tied to specials? Positive points: The baseline for fractional/optional Gems is already there in the code, so I can't imagine adapting that code for this purpose would be too taxing... though, granted, I'm not a coder. And if the chance is sufficiently low for it to occur, I doubt it would break the Gem economy all that much, as it'd generate only one gem for a different type here and there. Negative points: Finding the sweet spot of percentage chance for it to occur would be tricky, so as to maintain both the economy and the benefit to the user - too low a chance and it wouldn't be worth implementing; too high and the price of gems becomes unbalanced, the situation that the Ravyne bonus was nerfed to prevent.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
j.pngg.pngo.pngd.png6.png6.png1.pngn.pngx.pngp.png
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Bump!
Support! I do think doing delta hunts with a Ravyne Bonus should have at least some sort of chance of 1 gem from the mon's delta typing. Unsure of how it would work on a normal day though, changing the gem you might normally get for the delta type perhaps? It wold probably be a low % chance for it happen though, it does sound like a very nice idea^^
  • About
  • Links
  • Credits
Mango/Llionare | 17 | He/They/Joltik | Artist who thinks of train men 24/7

u.pngField clicks appreciated! | Current hunt: Sneaslets! h.png
Journal |Pms/trades:❌|Trade shop
Music recommendation:Rising Kingdom by Captainsparklez/TryHardNinja
Name: Kudari <3 Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
Pfp by King-Psycholyze (Free to use.)
Bug clan button made by Iona.
Electric clan button made by MochaFox.
I think this could work similar to the extra gems being the second type(usually) from the chain bonuses. Either way I think this is a pretty good idea, the only problem I could see is dual types(such as scyther). Since they had two and are giving you another for delta, which type gets prioritized(normally typing doesn't matter[in the sense that lucario is fight/steel as much is he is steel/fight] but in this case it does), most people would say the primary(say elec on alolan raiachu) and then there's the few that say the secondary(usually for good reason[like growlithe giving fire when his main type is normal]). tldr: which type will be prioritized for previously dual typed mon?
I relate to snorlaxes(would that be proper?) on a personal scale. . jirachi and snorlax would be great friends(maybe slowbro/slowking too) my avatar is a drawing of my roblox avatar that I made in photoshop. so entirely owned by me lol. Also she/her pronouns🏳️‍⚧️
ShadowRotom's AvatarShadowRotom
master.pnge+.png
For dual types, as far as I'm aware, the gem type is chosen at random for each gem possibility. For example, hatching a scyther might give you a bug gem or a flying gem, a 50/50 chance. It works like this for multiple gem chances; each time you get a gem, it's a 50/50 of either type(if I'm wrong I'm sorry, but I don't really understand where the dual types would be a problem.) I support this suggestion. It might not make a huge difference gem-wise, but it would make sense and add some variety to delta hunting. I don't think it would need to be a high percentage; it's not something people necessarily rely on, but it would be a fun little bonus when delta hunting.
Shoot me a PM if you ever want to talk! My door is always open and I have experience with mental health issues. Spinarak drawn by me

QUOTE originally posted by ShadowRotom

For dual types, as far as I'm aware, the gem type is chosen at random for each gem possibility. For example, hatching a scyther might give you a bug gem or a flying gem, a 50/50 chance. It works like this for multiple gem chances; each time you get a gem, it's a 50/50 of either type(if I'm wrong I'm sorry, but I don't really understand where the dual types would be a problem.)
That is how I understand it working as well. I've hatched snowbees on high Ravyne days and gotten all three gems as Ice type, for instance. So under this system, it'd be (for example) a like 10, 15% chance of, at most, Ice Ice Ice Rock or Bug Ice Bug Rock or whatever.
Going to bump this up, in case there's renewed interest!
Gonna bump this up again - with the recent addition of a very small chance of Tera Shards during Stellar V-Waves, and the fact that "Delta type counts" when generating them, the feasibility of being able to code this in has just gone up. Would even accept the same 1% chance of this happening with Delta hatches as the Shards themselves.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page