PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Suggestion;

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Lorne's Avatarhypermode-12.pngLorne
hypermode.pngarceus.pngs.png
There's a site I'm on that has a "staff" group of regular members called "general helpers" who basically go around and politely answer questions. They don't actually have any moderating powers, literally all they do is welcome new people and help others. Not sure if it's been suggested before, but just a thought. c:
༺☆༻ Trade shop ༺☆༻ Art Shop ༺☆༻ v-fire.png 5834 v-fire.png ༺☆༻ placeholder ༺☆༻ Previous hunts ༺☆༻
Icon & Minisprite: me Gif: House of the Dragon
Well anyone here can help other users. Just say someone needs help on how to evolve a Pokémon. Any user can simply say "Please refer to your Pokedex, it has the information you are looking for." The user helping doesn't need to have any mod powers to answer the person needing help. So really everyone on site can be "helpers".
Avatar made by Cryst of Comet (my OC that i created)
Score: 101
No, it wouldn't be to say "nobody else can ask for help" but basically it'd let people know "Hey, I can go ask this person for general help on something with the site and they'd answer nicely and give me an accurate answer". Some people just may be too shy to ask for help on a thread. \:
Ahh you mean people who you can PM and they will help you. (Reading on the first post I thought it meant people would have a little board next to there name saying "General helper" and they would go around the threads answering). I would hope people would be nice answering a help thread too though (I don't know if my explanations sounds a bit rude, but I wasn't meant to be). Well there are also users who post on there "About me" that they would happily answer any questions about on site stuff. I was just meaning that anyone can be a general helper without being named or anything.
While a lot of users have it in their "about me", I must say it would probably be helpful to new users if there was a list somewhere of people who have volunteered to answer questions. Especially for shy users who don't want a big public display of their inexperience. Maybe some long time users? I guess I support the idea, but only if there's already a base of users already known to the staff to as knowledgeable and kind. So Maybe it would be tricky? I know they've had issues in the past with volunteers not living up to their promises of help. I guess if the admins feel up to it, and have some users in mind I support. I know I, personally, would prefer to ask privately vs in the help forum.
Avatar kindly made by the wonderful Kekli!!
Purplehippos's AvatarPurplehippos
champion.pngc.png
No support. There's a help thread for a reason. If a user needs help, they can look through the help threads or post there themselves.
Eltafez's Avatarhypermode-12.pngEltafez
supermod34.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pngss.png
We already have plans for something akin to this suggestion. On a side note, this thread's title makes this easily overlooked, and doesn't help at all when looking through previous suggestions to see if there isn't one like it already.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

QUOTE originally posted by purplehippos

No support. There's a help thread for a reason. If a user needs help, they can look through the help threads or post there themselves.
Just because there's help forum, doesn't mean that you're going to get 100% accurate answers there. It's for everyone to help, but if someone doesn't want to make a scene or just wants a simple yes or no answer to something it'd be nice for that person to have someone to turn to that's been verified by the staff of the site. @Eltafez Eep, sorry. It's not letting me change it, I'd switch it it I could. :c
Sei's Avatarhypermode-12.pngSei
retiredstaff.pnghypermode.pngmaster.pngc.png
Hehe. Seeing as how we already have plans for something exactly like this, I'm going to lock it and move it to approved. ^^

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page