PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Autoplay policy in Chrome conflict

Forum Index > Core > Bugs >

Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur
Playing on Chrome, desktop. Assuming this is an issue with other devices as well (not other non-chromium browsers). If the user does not interact with the page in some way first, media will not be allowed to autoplay. Added as a change as seen here, introduced in 2018. Two known examples so far, both being audio media/sound effects: In general, notification sounds (although I believe irrelevant, here I opened my field tab, recieved a notification from the lab and no sound played): I unfortunately do not know where this is in the source code but hopefully the image provides enough context. In the PokeWalker: on line 550 of the PokeWalker's shared source code, in the splash scene init function, the `sfx("menu").play();` line. The menu sound doesn't play when loading if the user hasn't done anything yet; and they likely wouldn't, the PokeWalker hasn't loaded yet and there isn't a reason to interact with it. For reference, this error does not appear in the console and I hear the menu sound when I click the PokeWalker before the menu appears, and it appears and plays no sound when I don't click the page. Edit: A third sound - the fishing minigame does not do the bell ring for the first hooked fish if the user clicks off the page quickly enough after starting the minigame. This is harder to replicate so I don't currently have an example of this happening. These are not large issues in my opinion, but since I've seen it in multiple places on PokeFarm I wanted to bring it to attention.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page